Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

Blavier Farm. Due to be opened in May 2018. If the progress with this is any guide, there is little chance of the takeover happening any time soon. Our tour guide has been very informative though.image

Struth, he is to building projects what I am to DIY.
    Nothing gets finished.......
  • Options

Have to admit I am quite interested to find out what Duchatelet had to say to the ROT members this afternoon.

huh?
    There were a fair few of them during a 35 minute conversation. Details to follow.
    #ITK #fromthehorsesmouth
    Just realised I should qualify that by saying it is probably not advisable to believe anything that comes out of his mouth.
  • Options

Sorry but if he was ever in such close proximity to me I don't think I could resist the urge to lamp him one.

Agreed. Bit only after asking him why he brushes his teeth with dog shit.
  • Options

Titbit: Wyn Grant posted yesterday;
    'Rick Everitt (votv) has reported that 'A new UK company Echidna Acquisitions registered by Gerard Murphy on April 30th with the Australian Football Consortium as shareholder. Obvious vehicle to acquire Charlton.' An echidna is a spiny anteater.'

Pity it's not a spiny cnuteater....
    Improved that one.
  • Options
    No posts in half an hour. Has the takeover gone cold?
  • Options
    Nothing further from @foresthillred
    Maybe RD chinned him??
  • Options

I'm thinking of something to post.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wake up and there are 120 new posts in this thread.

I skip them all, go to the last page... if people are not celebrating, I just stop right there and move on to another thread, elsewhere.
  • Options

I wake up and there are 120 new posts in this thread.

I skip them all, go to the last page... if people are not celebrating, I just stop right there and move on to another thread, elsewhere.

Make the most of it. I have had a whisper that the NEXT takeover thread will be a belter!
  • Options
    Sunderland takeover now gone through, subject to the sale of Eastleigh
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

I’ve got an idea :wink:

J*** S*** T** C*** & F*** O**
    Blackpool has the copyright on that.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Was thinking of that but I don't want to sound repetitive.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

A lot of weight has been placed on Muir buying a scarf from the club shop and watched a match at the valley = odds on that he is going stump up the spondoolies and buy out Duchelete. I see this scenario similar to buy a car; taken it for a test drive, negotiated the asking price and now deciding the best way to pay for the car; monthly repayments, a loan from the bank etc or joint ownership (car share). The car show room has considered his options on repayment terms and solicitors are going through these options.

...or perhaps not.

This isn’t a patch on the ‘buying a house analogy.’
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Taxi_Lad said:

Blackpool has the copyright on that.
    Fucking right I have
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

I think we will get to 1,000 pages of this thread on Bank Holiday Monday 27 August.
    I doubt sale wise much would have progressed, but by then we would have explored the poetry of Virgil as well as discovering more alternative uses for your socks.

The Aeneid was essentially all about the alternative use of socks in the ancient world.
  • Options

Why would anyone pay £40M+ for a business worth only half of that? Why? Even if it was Paid in instalments & they stick 50% on top, £30M max.
    I don't think its even that close. The Aussies turning up just to put a bit of pressure on I reckon. We've already had one consortium in the Royal box that have run away, why not another.

If you put a house on the market at an inflated price some people will still come and take a look. But it would be pretty unusual for them to be still looking at it a year later.
    Not if it's come down from £77M to £60M and now down to £40M
    How come you know where I live?
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Blavier Farm. Due to be opened in May 2018. If the progress with this is any guide, there is little chance of the takeover happening any time soon. Our tour guide has been very informative though.image

They’ll be naming that building after the bloke who paid for it....Ademola House.
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

Angeldust saying the first part andbrxleyboy saying hes wrong... think angeldust is morelikely to know than bexleyboy going on previous

What’s Bexley saying
    Bexley is just saying Angel is incorrect, others now saying Angel is right and Bexley is wrong.....all seems a load of old bull to me and my best guess is no-one really knows diddlysquat currently.
    Angel is correct, Roland must be one of the only sellers in history when creating a bidding war, succeeded in driving price down
    That’s commonly called a Dutch auction.
  • Options

please, please, please can someone, anyone, put us out of our misery? It's really doing my head in.

Hold your nerve son, I think it’s going to be ok.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!