Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    addick100 said:

Does anyone have any more information regarding RD's ownership in ground, sparrows lane etc etc in this takeover?

I had stopped reading this thread for a while since the pot noodle jokes stopped, so sorry if i am asking for a repeat

That would've been enough to stop me reading as well mate. The pot noodle jokes were the pinnacle of this thread.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Addickted said:

dickplumb said:

I hope that is correct. But i don't know if my patience will extend to two or three weeks.

Certain @JamesSeed will come back with the same story later, although I don’t see what stops @CAFCOfficial confirming the current situation, other than Duchatelet being difficult?
    Still some issues over the Sunderland takeover - all to do with ownership of Eastleigh. New owner in Preston today.

This leaves the EFL lackeys to either have a long friday lunch break down at the Preston Conservative Club or spend some time on completing the CAFC paperwork.

Charlton could get confirmation as early as today.
    Unfortunately The Preston Conservative Club was replaced by a Grill and Bar called FiVes so they might have to travel a bit.

That said I have a friend who lives on the same road as the EFL Trust building and takes an interest in what's going on so I'll throw him a message and see what I can find.
  • Options

As if they are delaying the deal on a fit and proper test process when we’ve been bent over and bummed the last 4 years by RD. The EFL are a joke.

Probably a lack of competent people there who can do it.
  • Options
    Q the charlton life meltdown about to be imminent
  • Options
    Chizz said:

The big signal as to new owners' intentions, if they're from Australia, is if they develop both a scouting network and an "academy" facility in Australia. If those two developments are announced, it will be a huge indication that Charlton will be looking to maximise potential from Australian footballers.

Any club in Europe can scout the professional leagues in Australia - and any other country - and lure players that have reached the glass ceiling in that country. The difference will be when a club has its own youth training set up in Australia itself.

I can see a huge attraction for Aussie kids who are excellent at "soccer" to join a European-run youth set up. For those that make it through the youth ranks, there's a readily-identified route to first team professional football in Europe, ie moving to Charlton at U23 level. It de-risks all the issues around sending players across the world who aren't ready, but who would otherwise "make it".

Picking up twenty-somethings who haven't been able to attract the attention of bigger clubs doesn't seem to be very exciting, to me. But developing young talent, who are offered a route to first team football in London could be absolutely game-changing.

We already have one of these in our U23 squad, don't we?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds like Sunderland's only hold up is that Stewart Donald, one of the buyers, is Chairman of Eastleigh, and has to finalise the sale of that club first, otherwise it's fine. You'd think our process should be quicker.
  • Options
    Can someone confirm that Duchatelet is not retaining any interest in the club - Valley and training ground?
  • Options
    edited May 2018
  • Options
    Tim Cahill not being retained by Millwall.
  • Options

I hear the monkey house at London Zoo need a stand in gorilla...
  • Options

Commenting he’s Australian and high profile and available and w3 need a manager. God I hope not.

• Options
    Even Millwall have given him a red card
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ozziedave said:

Commenting he’s Australian and high profile and available and w3 need a manager. God I hope not.

Don't go hard at Tim Cahill, he's a legend. If you want something to moan about The team who won the A Leaugue this year was Melbourne Victory -Manager Kevin Muscat.
    Even mentioning that name nearly got you a FLAG, violent little thug of a player.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

dickplumb said:

I hope that is correct. But i don't know if my patience will extend to two or three weeks.

Certain @JamesSeed will come back with the same story later, although I don’t see what stops @CAFCOfficial confirming the current situation, other than Duchatelet being difficult?
    Still some issues over the Sunderland takeover - all to do with ownership of Eastleigh. New owner in Preston today.

This leaves the EFL lackeys to either have a long friday lunch break down at the Preston Conservative Club or spend some time on completing the CAFC paperwork.

Charlton could get confirmation as early as today.
    Don't....don't get our hopes up...we have been burned before.....
  • Options

Can someone confirm that Duchatelet is not retaining any interest in the club - Valley and training ground?

Attended 1 match in the past 4 years. Has he ever had any interest in the club? Not to my knowledge.
  • Options

Attended 1 match in the past 4 years. Has he ever had any interest in the club? Not to my knowledge.
    Correct, but more importantly the value of those two assets is what he cares about.
    The slimey old toad.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

very few people in the world i would ever wish harm to, but kevin muscat is one of them. Can't believe he never got a proper taste of his own medicine.

One of the few joys of Millwall's brief foray into Europe was seeing Kevin Muscat getting done over by a big eastern european defender.
    Didn't he injure Robson and Matt holmes when they played for us?
    One of the few players who should have been banned from footy.
  • Options
    Titbit: Wyn Grant posted yesterday;
    'Rick Everitt (votv) has reported that 'A new UK company Echidna Acquisitions registered by Gerard Murphy on April 30th with the Australian Football Consortium as shareholder. Obvious vehicle to acquire Charlton.' An echidna is a spiny anteater.'
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!