Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Is Bexley Duchatelet and Angel Meire and there just doing a wind up on Charlton Life???
  • Options

From what I have seen Angeldust's info is usually pretty reliable

Bexley Boy could well be Roland, neither seem to know anything about football

Yes, but Colin is a laugh!!
  • Options

What would be the situation if Roland (tragically) dropped dead before the deal was completed ?

Do we actually know that this has not already happened?

Hoping to have a chat with him tomorrow lunchtime so will post the good/bad news by the evening.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

'The short-beaked echidna's diet consists largely of ants and termites, while the Zaglossus (long-beaked) species typically eat worms and insect larvae.'

Looks like Perks is going to have to get used to a new pre-match meal.

I’m not sure whether this is the right time to mention this but could we all ensure we don’t eat pangolins or their scales (athrodisiac). Thank you.

Love and Peas
    Solidgone
    Tesco's have sold out anyway
  • Options

They’re not creating an Australian premier league club ffs. They’re buying (maybe) an English football club and aiming to get it into the premier league. The bloody arrogance of the convicts astounds me at times.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

When you successfully take a football club out of administration owning their own ground and place it safely back in administration not owning their own ground a couple of years later you’ve earned the right to criticise others.

• Options

Scoham said:

Similar, but I'd say probably not the same bloke. Hairline is different and nose. Peter Marks has less hair.
    I'm pretty sure the bloke between Murphy and Elliott is Seriously Red in about ten years time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You could well be right, Nappa.

We shall see.....
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited May 2018

Perhaps he was trying to force Duchâtelet’s hand. But Duchâtelet will never be blackmailed.

My guess is it was the other way round, invite Aussies who’s bid is too low , get them to wear scarves be visible , flush out people who have been waiting in wings with better bid. Roland playing a dangerous game and so far it has cost him £10mn on price and six months of extra losses.
    If Aussies only have £30mn now , how are they going to cover £1mn a month of losses.
    Maybe thats why Roland reluctant to do their deal without security on his second payment.
    The money earmarked to buy the club is likely separate to that which is earmarked for the general running of the club. I don't think anyone would be stupid enough to buy a club with all the money they have only to realise they are broke.

Perhaps he was trying to force Duchâtelet’s hand. But Duchâtelet will never be blackmailed.

My guess is it was the other way round, invite Aussies who’s bid is too low , get them to wear scarves be visible , flush out people who have been waiting in wings with better bid. Roland playing a dangerous game and so far it has cost him £10mn on price and six months of extra losses.
    If Aussies only have £30mn now , how are they going to cover £1mn a month of losses.
    Maybe thats why Roland reluctant to do their deal without security on his second payment.
    The money earmarked to buy the club is likely separate to that which is earmarked for the general running of the club. I don't think anyone would be stupid enough to buy a club with all the money they have only to realise they are broke.
    Hmmmm that has never happened before at Charlton.........
  • Options

Well, if it is true, I don't think Kewell will get the most warm welcome possible, for two reasons. Firstly because I think a large part of the fan base would like to see Bowyer get a chance. Secondly because Australians coming in and appointing an Australian manager is a little bit too much like a Belgian coming in and appointing a Belgian manager. Most fans would prefer to see a manager getting a job on merit and not because he shares the same nationality with the owner.

What worries me is that story about them wanting to promote Aussie players to our club. That sent a shudder down my spine. If we do hire Kewell, that is the first shoe to drop. I will be awaiting the second shoe right afterwards. I hope Muir wants the own us for... us. But if it is as a feeder club for Aussies... my god.
  • Options

Well, if it is true, I don't think Kewell will get the most warm welcome possible, for two reasons. Firstly because I think a large part of the fan base would like to see Bowyer get a chance. Secondly because Australians coming in and appointing an Australian manager is a little bit too much like a Belgian coming in and appointing a Belgian manager. Most fans would prefer to see a manager getting a job on merit and not because he shares the same nationality with the owner.

What worries me is that story about them wanting to promote Aussie players to our club. That sent a shudder down my spine. If we do hire Kewell, that is the first shoe to drop. I will be awaiting the second shoe right afterwards. I hope Muir wants the own us for... us. But if it is as a feeder club for Aussies... my god.
    At least we'll get a trip over to Australia out of it for a game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tbh I'm as desperate as anyone else to find out what's going on. I'll obviously only be able to pass on what I'm told I can pass on though. It's possible that'll be zero, but really hope not.
    I'm actually going for a training ride during the day (for the Prostate Cancer UK ride) and have people coming round for dinner in the evening, so it looks like being a busy day.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Blimey, having a beer tomorrow with someone involved in this takeover.

Andy Delort's dad?

I give up.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Tbh I'm as desperate as anyone else to find out what's going on. I'll obviously only be able to pass on what I'm told I can pass on though. It's possible that'll be zero, but really hope not.
    I'm actually going for a training ride during the day (for the Prostate Cancer UK ride) and have people coming round for dinner in the evening, so it looks like being a busy day.

We all look forward to the dinner invite :smiley:
  • Options

ozaddick said:

They’re not creating an Australian premier league club ffs. They’re buying (maybe) an English football club and aiming to get it into the premier league. The bloody arrogance of the convicts astounds me at times.

I'll cheer on Australia for the rest of my life in the Ashes if they get us back to the premier league!
    Noooo!

Just say u would think about it....
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    JamesSeed said:

You're cycling during the day and entertaining in the evening. So I guess it's a breakfast beer meeting with the takeover person ?
  • Options
    I'm a big fan of the fact that this thread has now reached Occam's Razor.

Lets have the Pareto frontier next please.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!