Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

I'm a big fan of the fact that this thread has now reached Occam's Razor.

Lets have the Pareto frontier next please.

• Options

Just found out i'm going for a beer tomorrow with someone totally unconnected to the takeover.

I'll keep you posted.

Interestingly I rarely drink and so am not drinking with anyone related OR unrelated to the transfer this weekend. I am going for lunch at both days so will keep an ear to the ground

In other news I suspect we'll hear nothing today
  • Options

Loads people wetting themselves now about Kewell and the Aussies are as bad as Roland just because Napa threw the rumour out there again even though it hasn't been mentioned in weeks.

What do we KNOW for sure?

1. Roland is a disaster for the club and has no ambition to create a successful team, past or present.

2. The Aussies are now turning up at Charlton matches and talking to fans. This implies to me that they're 98% towards completing a successful take over of the club.

3. The Aussies have a stated ambition to reach the Premier League on their own website. Much more ambition for a team than Roland has ever shown.

What is less clear is why they took so long to meet Roland's asking price. We have no idea if that's because they're skint or equally likely, they don't want to pay Roland's inflated valuations.

We also have little to no clue on how they plan to recruit players and staff at this stage. Kewell rumours, Aussie youngsters has only ever appeared to me as lazy journalists sticking two and two together to get five.

Take a chill pill, let this play out over the next couple of weeks and hopefully things will start to look up. Anyone with an ambition to succeed is better than the indifferent Duchatelet.

This!
  • Options

Just found out i'm going for a beer tomorrow with someone totally unconnected to the takeover.

I'll keep you posted.

Why do you have a China flag as your avatar?
  • Options

I'll keep you posted.

Someone "ITK" you mean?
  • Options

I'll keep you posted.

Megan Markle’s dad?
  • Options

Taxi_Lad said:

I believe Friday is the best day of the week for announcements

Not if they are out on the beer with @JamesSeed

That’s this week scrubbed of the list
    Off
  • Options
    Mametz said:

With regard to Charlton becoming an outlet for some aspiring Australians, this could work if handled properly. 60 odd years ago, we were the club of choice for talented South Africans. If we were to recruit players of the calibre of Firmani, Leary and Hewie I won’t be complaining.

There is certainly a market for players from the Oceania region

Aaron Mooy | Chris Wood | Matt Ryan are the only players from that area in the Premier League off the top of my head, there surely have to be more players out there, yet is it unpopular for scouting because of the distances? (Surely something that shouldnt be an issue in this age

Although Man City of course have their toe in the water out in Australia with Melbourne City part of the same ownership
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chizz said:

The big signal as to new owners' intentions, if they're from Australia, is if they develop both a scouting network and an "academy" facility in Australia. If those two developments are announced, it will be a huge indication that Charlton will be looking to maximise potential from Australian footballers.

Any club in Europe can scout the professional leagues in Australia - and any other country - and lure players that have reached the glass ceiling in that country. The difference will be when a club has its own youth training set up in Australia itself.

I can see a huge attraction for Aussie kids who are excellent at "soccer" to join a European-run youth set up. For those that make it through the youth ranks, there's a readily-identified route to first team professional football in Europe, ie moving to Charlton at U23 level. It de-risks all the issues around sending players across the world who aren't ready, but who would otherwise "make it".

Picking up twenty-somethings who haven't been able to attract the attention of bigger clubs doesn't seem to be very exciting, to me. But developing young talent, who are offered a route to first team football in London could be absolutely game-changing.

To be honest, Australian players in their mid-20's and older would probably not be looking at playing League One when they can get paid large salaries in China, Japan, Saudi Arabia and UAE. Either that or they'd stay in Australia.
    What I'm talking about is younger players teens and early 20's that have played A league and are looking for a better league and have the chance to play EPL like Ryan and Mooy. They would like to go to a club that have a support network and that can develop them as a player. There are still a few A League wonderkids that went to the Bundesligua and have ended up playing in the Danish League instead.
  • Options
    For those who dont have twitter...

Airman Brown: "Aussies expect to complete #cafc takeover in next two to three weeks maximum, depending on timescale for EFL approval."
  • Options
    Here we go again ...
  • Options
    I hope that is correct. But i don't know if my patience will extend to two or three weeks.
  • Options

I'll keep you posted.

Why do you have a China flag as your avatar?
    Nudge nudge wink wink.

(I know nothing).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    ...two or three weeks?

Wow!
  • Options
    So as good as a done deal then, i.e. all agreed with Duchatelet, nothing can change in that respect.
  • Options
    Does anyone have any more information regarding RD's ownership in ground, sparrows lane etc etc in this takeover?

I had stopped reading this thread for a while since the pot noodle jokes stopped, so sorry if i am asking for a repeat
  • Options
    Well they certainly must be keen, as they've hung on for a long time !
    Most other people would have fooked off ages ago !
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!