Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• If Germans take over, at least we will win on penalties at Wembley.
  • Ein pferd, ein pferd my kingdom für ein pferd.
  • DOUCHER said:

my guess, and it is a guess, and as i've always stated, is that once the division we r going to be playing in next year, is known, is when the deal will be done - i'm rarely wrong - irritating maybe but its logical

Don’t worry mate I believe you. I don’t care what Richard Murray says, there’s never been any due diligence.
  • In the meantime who's supposed to be running the gaff day to day?
  • edited January 2018
    You can all relax. The club will be sold on 21st Feb as I predicted, and I’ll win a copy of my grandad’s book, thus saving me postage.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/3085686#Comment_3085686

I’ve posted a list of the dates that have already been taken, so it’s easier to choose one now if you haven’t already.
    There have been quite a few dates selelected by more than one person, so you might want to check.

Interestingly neither @Redhenry nor @Airman Brown have selected dates as yet. Clearly they must already own The Jimmy Seed Story. Or is there too much at stake?

@Henryirving has selected the 8th May, which I’m led to believe he’s doubled up with our winning promotion at Rochdale.
  • I think there could be some truth in the German horse bid.

I've therefore had an each way bet on it.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafcfan said:

Fumbluff said:

Is a pferde a type of German horse then?

Sorry, wrong spelling pferd is just German for horse. I shouldn't have put an e on the end; that's the plural version. Apologies for the rubbish joke.
    Because you tried so hard, I gave you a 'like'.
  • 3blokes said:

My understanding is the horse bid is definitely in the running but he still has some hurdles to overcome.
    Hopefully, he won’t keeping us waiting furlong.....

I think there should be a stewards enquiry into the use of those puns!
  • Think nla has this bang to rights. Duchâtelet is asking a ridiculous amount and none of the interested parties are anywhere close. I’m guessing the summer.

If that’s true, though, there presumably wouldn’t be any due diligence, because according to Murray (and common sense) it’s not going to happen if the parties are that far apart. They need to be within range to start with. And even the club now says there has been multiple due diligence.

You would think so wouldn’t you. However. The suggestion ( Redhenry) is that there are four (?) interested parties now all queuing up and presumably jockeying for position and yet again the suggestion (nla) is that no bids have been tabled and yet no group has yet dropped out despite DD having been completed by two (?) of those. Who I naively would think would either walk or make a bid on completion of DD. It’s either that or the valuation post DD is still very wide of the mark being asked.
  • Because there getting paid to do nothing.
  • Welly said:

Because there getting paid to do nothing.

• Sponsored links:

• Think nla has this bang to rights. Duchâtelet is asking a ridiculous amount and none of the interested parties are anywhere close. I’m guessing the summer.

If that’s true, though, there presumably wouldn’t be any due diligence, because according to Murray (and common sense) it’s not going to happen if the parties are that far apart. They need to be within range to start with. And even the club now says there has been multiple due diligence.

You would think so wouldn’t you. However. The suggestion ( Redhenry) is that there are four (?) interested parties now all queuing up and presumably jockeying for position and yet again the suggestion (nla) is that no bids have been tabled and yet no group has yet dropped out despite DD having been completed by two (?) of those. Who I naively would think would either walk or make a bid on completion of DD. It’s either that or the valuation post DD is still very wide of the mark being asked.
    You can pretty much assess the value of the club from the accounts. I find it hard to believe people are spending up to £150k (according to RM) and then finding themselves at 50 per cent of where they started after due diligence.
    Not really, it’s all part of the game. Roland says he wants £x, and he won’t enter DD unless the buyers can show they have the funds to meet his price. So even if they know it’s not worth his asking price, they still have to go through the charade of agreeing with it, subject to DD. £150k doesn’t sound much to me given the potential sale price.
  • cafcfan said:

How can there be a preferred bidder if the have not been any bids?

I think people have interpreted this incorrectly.

My understanding is that a German horse is involved with the consortium and is actually the pferd bidder.
    Sorry to disappoint you all - it has been revealed that this bidder is just a stalking horse.

You can pretty much assess the value of the club from the accounts. I find it hard to believe people are spending up to £150k (according to RM) and then finding themselves at 50 per cent of where they started after due diligence.
    Not really, it’s all part of the game. Roland says he wants £x, and he won’t enter DD unless the buyers can show they have the funds to meet his price. So even if they know it’s not worth his asking price, they still have to go through the charade of agreeing with it, subject to DD. £150k doesn’t sound much to me given the potential sale price.
    £150k isn't much if you eventually purchase for tens of millions.

It's f*cking expensive if you don't go ahead with the acquisition because the purchase price is evidently out of kilter with the actual value.
  • If the German horse bid wins I look forward to them taking the reins as soon as possible
  • Again why is there so much shit on this thread why can't people keep it on topic instead of posting a load of bollocks.

Apologies @northstandsteve
  • https://theesk.org/2017/10/26/the-valuing-of-football-clubs/

Not got time to sit down, find the figures and apply the formula (s) today but might be an interesting exercise if someone has.
  • My first figure came out at £2.08m, but I think I made a mistake, as the second effort showed it as about £25m, which does seem right.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!