Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• My maths is rubbish but I make it -£4.2m or £3m if you make the negatives zero.
    (Revenue £12.1m + Net Assets -£11.9m) x (Net Profit -£14m +Revenue £12m) x (stadium utilisation 30%) / (Wage to Revenue ratio 14/12)
    Revenue £12m

(£10k) * (-£2m) * (30%) / (117%)
    12.1m
  • No wonder it's all taking a while as unsurprisingly the answers are all different!

Applying the first formula shown in the article as written I make the value £44,126.90!!

Being: £186,000 x 0.688 x 0.4 divided by 1.16.

The basis for my calculation is to use figures from the Baton 2010 accounts to 30 June 2016 together with my own assumption re stadium capacity

Revenue = £12,106,000

Wages = £14,064,000

Net Asset Value (from consolidated balance sheet) = - £11,920,000

Net Loss = £3,776,000

Assumed Stadium capacity % - 40% (being 10,800 out of 27,000)

The formula is: Club Valuation = (Revenue + Net Assets) x Net Profit + Revenue / Net Revenue X (Stadium Capacity %) all divided by Wage Ratio% *

* Wage Ratio % = Wages divided by Revenue ie 14,064,000 / 12,106,000 = 1.16

I make it: £186,000 x 0.688 x 0.4 = £51,187.20 / 1.16 = £44,126.90.

If however I add back the 'amount owed to parent company' of £54,094,000 then the net asset value becomes a positive £42,174,000.

Reworking the formula with that net asset value I make the value £12,877,462.07.

So what does it all mean? Depends on whose asking really. Roland would say that the Club is owed the £12m figure and he (Staprix) is also owed the £54m figure ie £66m a @NapaAddick esque figure.

A potential buyer would or could dispute both the basis of valuation and the amount owed to Roland as they would be asking why they should effectively subsidise HIS losses.

There is an argument that the loss has been understated and net assets over stated as both contain elements of unrealised valuations which could be disputed.

Anyway make of it all what you will!!

• Addickted said:

No one seems to have considered the enterprise value of the Club.

Oh dear
  • So who said Becks was going to buy us??

Liars!
  • Sponsored links:

• Wasn’t Katrien was it?
  • Did someone say we had a Norse bid?
  • edited January 2018
    Like anything similar, it's worth what anyone will pay. The calculations involve how much you want it, potential growth, and how much it will cost to achieve this.

That said, 55 million? Ha ha ha.
  • He’s a right greedy b'stard our Duche.

That’s the trouble with wealthy people, doesn’t matter how many millions/billions they have they always want more. More houses,cars,boats planes, islands,countries or football clubs etc etc. Honestly what can you do with all that stuff?

Of course I don’t expect The Duche to put us on eBay or in the poundshop but really, what’s 20/30 odd million to him, nowt I expect.

So stop fucking around Duche, you’ve got more than enough dosh, just sell us at a realistic price, so we can all get on with our lives!

• To RD the money itself is not so important because he has more than he could ever spend. But - it's the way he keeps the score. That's why to him price - amount - is more significant than value - actual worth - but of course the buyers, like everyone else, see it the other way round. Planet Roland must be a very lonely place ....
  • JamesSeed said:

You can all relax. The club will be sold on 21st Feb as I predicted, and I’ll win a copy of my grandad’s book, thus saving me postage.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/3085686#Comment_3085686

I’ve posted a list of the dates that have already been taken, so it’s easier to choose one now if you haven’t already.
    There have been quite a few dates selelected by more than one person, so you might want to check.

Interestingly neither @Redhenry nor @Airman Brown have selected dates as yet. Clearly they must already own The Jimmy Seed Story. Or is there too much at stake?

@Henryirving has selected the 8th May, which I’m led to believe he’s doubled up with our winning promotion at Rochdale.

Or indeed his birthday.
  • A much simpler formula.

Buy a championship club for 18 million.

Relegate said club to league one.

Ask 50 plus million for club.

I am also not a maths genius but I think I may have worked out why a sale has not gone through.

What he is asking for is obviously too much but then I don't think you can use what he bought the club for either. That was a pretty unique set of circumstances back then which obviously drove the price down.
  • The valuation of the players will be a key factor in how much the club is worth, and the published accounts will be of little relevance in this. How much is Fosu worth now, for example?

The Wigan takeover has also taken several months, and that's with a much more stable club (and better owner)

• edited January 2018

The valuation of the players will be a key factor in how much the club is worth, and the published accounts will be of little relevance in this. How much is Fosu worth now, for example?

Fosu was signed on a free.
    But as he was under 23, we had to pay a Development fee.

But as pointed out by others, it's not the player that has value - just his registration.
    In Fosu's case, perhaps his registration cost £0.00. That's his club accounts value.

If Fosu was sold for say, £5m ...... then the cash could just go into Roland's pocket, without affecting the asset value of the club.

• Sponsored links:

• The valuation of the players will be a key factor in how much the club is worth, and the published accounts will be of little relevance in this. How much is Fosu worth now, for example?

The Wigan takeover has also taken several months, and that's with a much more stable club (and better owner)

There is virtually nothing of note valuing the club in terms of player value. If a player is purchased, the transfer fee is amortised over the length of the contract - so a £5 million purchase on a five year contract would have an asset value of £5 mill first year then dropping by a mill each year until zero value at the end of the contract. So the only value in the book would be players who were purchased and still have time on their contracts - tuppence halfpenny basically. Players that have come through the youth team or signed on a free would never have asset value in the books.

Konsa may be worth £x million but has no value on the balance sheet until realised, and besides if you buy a business as a going concern rather than to asset strip the things of value need to be retained. You wouldn't buy a factory as a going concern and then sell all the plant!
  • How much has DD lost since purchasing the club.

The figure most quoted is £55 millon. Now take £18 millon (His original purchase price) from £55 million , that leaves £32 million.

Is DD trying to recoop ALL his losses.

The old goat is wanting all of his money BACK.

Until someone bids, on or near this figure, he could will sit tight and hang on for as long as possible.

The figure most quoted is £55 millon. Now take £18 millon (His original purchase price) from £55 million , that leaves £32 million.

Until someone bids, on or near this figure, he could will sit tight and hang on for as long as possible.

I think you mean £37m
  • Sorry £77m
  • If I bought a house in Lewisham for 260k and some Belgian twat bought it for 18 million but loaned himself 20 million to convert the third bedroom into state of the art sewage treatment plant but then tried to sell it for 55 million when it leaked all over the garden and a ginger~haired Scottish accountant offered to clean up the mess for 25 million... etc etc etc
  • Oggy Red said:

The valuation of the players will be a key factor in how much the club is worth, and the published accounts will be of little relevance in this. How much is Fosu worth now, for example?

Fosu was signed on a free.
    But as he was under 23, we had to pay a Development fee.

But as pointed out by others, it's not the player that has value - just his registration.
    In Fosu's case, perhaps his registration cost £0.00. That's his club accounts value.

If Fosu was sold for say, £5m ...... then the cash could just go into Roland's pocket, without affecting the asset value of the club.

I'm not talking about the asset value of the club in the financial accounts

In the case of Fosu (for example) the key question is what he is now actually worth, i.e. how much is a fair price for him. If Fosu is now worth £1m, then that will be reflected in the price a bidder would be prepared to pay.

Conversely, Nicky Ajose will probably have an asset value still in the books, but in reality is worth nothing now.

Assuming Konsa isn't sold, he's a major financial asset (even if the accounts don't reflect it). If RD values him at £6m, but the bidders only value him at £4m, there's a £2m gap already between buyer and seller. How much is JFC worth? Surely more than the transfer fee? etc

Do you mean RD or is bloody Diana Dors involved now as well? No wonder it’s taking so long?
  • Double Diamond?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!