Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Addickted said:

N01R4M said:

@SoundAsa£ , I'm sure you are not a bad person, but you do appear to lack empathy.

I wonder if you would still find it funny if you had been the butt of the same stereotypical sexist / racist / nationalist / religious / sizeist or ageist jokes on a daily basis and twice on Sundays? It is one of the curses of social media that we now cannot even escape this drip, drip, drip of unwelcome comments in our own homes unless we become social hermits. Most of the time people do just shrug their shoulders at this kind of behaviour, but if we are guilty of stepping on someone's corns, and it is pointed out, I think it behoves us to just apologise and try to avoid repeating the offence.

Like I do with various posters on here, I take the piss out of @SoundAsa£ on a constant basis.

None of them have felt the need to be offended by my, frankly hilarious observations. All of them give it back in spades.

I do enjoy posting a continual negative narrative about the French, but that is (mostly) tongue in cheek and does get a few bites now and again - though I though that @ShootersHillGuru should have realised that by now :wink:

To be fair most people are aware of Seth's family ties and do respect his position, but none of this is aimed directly at his family and none of it is meant with any kind of malice, of that I'm 100% certain.

Blimey

I just asked 10 Chinese girls in my office if they can cook and they all said no, so drop the pigeonholing, guys. Thanks

how dare you come out with something so "birdist"
  • All those itk seem to have gone quiet considering some people were adamant it was happening. Just shows how much not in the know they were
  • magic1999 said:

All those itk seem to have gone quiet considering some people were adamant it was happening. Just shows how much not in the know they were

You including Richard Murray in that assessment?
  • At the risk of being shouted down with cries of "source !" I just want to add that in the last 3 days I've been told that "it" will happen in between 2 & 4 weeks time.

All from different people too.

Start getting your party frock sorted @Fanny Fanackapan :smile:
  • magic1999 said:

All those itk seem to have gone quiet considering some people were adamant it was happening. Just shows how much not in the know they were

@magic1999 Did you not read the article on the OS saying that there are two parties who've completed due diligence?

Don't remember anyone "ITK" saying it would definitely be happening by a certain date, in fact @nth london addick and @Redhenry were keen to say that while things were happening it wasn't close to completion.

I'm not ITK but all the evidence from inside and outside the club is that the takeover process began sometime ago and significant progress made by two parties who've completed DD.

Of course that doesn't mean it will be completed soon or at all by those two parties. Until it is 100% done it is 0% done.

Even Richard Murray's February was more about his "gut" feeling rather than a hard and fast promise.

As ever, WIOTOS

• Anyway................................. any news of the take-over bids yet ????

Wrong thread!
  • Addickted said:

Grown men arguing over their likes & lols on an football fan forum, what a time to be alive!

Whooooosssshhhhhhh!
    I knew the day this would come... but you can never be prepared for how stupid it makes you feel..
    But you have got 9 lols for it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:

Grown men arguing over their likes & lols on an football fan forum, what a time to be alive!

Whooooosssshhhhhhh!
    I knew the day this would come... but you can never be prepared for how stupid it makes you feel..
    But you have got 9 lols for it.
    I deserve more lols and a promote! (admin bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!)
  • edited January 2018

At the risk of being shouted down with cries of "source !" I just want to add that in the last 3 days I've been told that "it" will happen in between 2 & 4 weeks time.

Thanks Fanny. I trust what you say over many other posters on here (excepting Airman Brown & RedHenry). Anyone can come on here and say "I've been told its next week" or "my friend's uncle works with someone who lives in Floyd rd....."
  • At the risk of being shouted down with cries of "source !" I just want to add that in the last 3 days I've been told that "it" will happen in between 2 & 4 weeks time.

Thanks Fanny. I trust what you say over many other posters on here (excepting Airman Brown & RedHenry). Anyone can come on here and say "I've been told its next week" or "my friend's uncle works with someone who lives in Floyd rd....."
    but wasn't someone's friends cousin's cat right about Ricky Holmes to Sheff Utd?

I’ve been told it’s next week by my friends uncle who lives in Floyd Road.
  • whenever it happens i have prepared myself for the worst ..probably a consortium owned by donald trump and simon jordan
  • Sponsored links:

well I'm clinging on to the comment on another thread by Airman Brown that it could all be a mute point by the Shrewsbury home game on the 24th February.

(not his exact word but can't find comment at the moment or thread)

well I'm clinging on to the comment on another thread by Airman Brown that it could all be a mute point by the Shrewsbury home game on the 24th February.

which 'other thread' would this be?
  • edited January 2018

At the risk of being shouted down with cries of "source !" I just want to add that in the last 3 days I've been told that "it" will happen in between 2 & 4 weeks time.

Think that was on the latest boycotters thread and he said the following.......

Airman Brown
    January 22
    Football for a Fiver on February 24th looks well timed to me. I reckon the issue will be moot by then

Great to hear but is that not because they've heard it from this forum or the statement from Richard Murray?

• Addickted said:

Whooooosssshhhhhhh!
    Careful @Addickted I got a flag for giving someone a whoooooosh but @Pelling1993 no one was arguing, it's an in-joke about promotes that's been going on for ages (admin bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Let it go, Henners - move on.
  • lolwray said:

whenever it happens i have prepared myself for the worst ..probably a consortium owned by donald trump and simon jordan

Ivanka in the directors box
  • Dave2l said:

lolwray said:

whenever it happens i have prepared myself for the worst ..probably a consortium owned by donald trump and simon jordan

Ivanka in the directors box
    can't be, Eminen has her in his trunk (boot of his car)

• lolwray said:

I honestly don't think it could get worse, we are owned by someone who doesn't like or understand football combined with the fact that he doesn't like or understand as to why people would want to watch football. Barabara Cartland springs to mind but she's dead.

• Addickted said:

Whooooosssshhhhhhh!
    Careful @Addickted I got a flag for giving someone a whoooooosh but @Pelling1993 no one was arguing, it's an in-joke about promotes that's been going on for ages (admin bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    What is a promote? Serious question!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!