Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Just been on the phone to RD - told me he would have sold ages ago if fans hadn't boycotted. He's decided to stick around until our support recovers as he's worried about our future....

Bet you read that on the "dark side"
  • Thread nearly dropped off first page.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Beardface said:

Macronate said:

Taxi_Lad said:

Just had Amanda Staveley in my cab. Asked her about Mike Ashley and the rumour about being linked with us. She said she wasn't aware. Said he's asking for too much money (sound familiar?)
    She's off the Abu Dhabi on Thursday so I asked her to sell them the idea of investing in us instead. Imagine if that happened. I'd be a hero!

Being top of the CL Predictions League, you're already a hero to many of us.
    Don't be like that @Beardface
    There's a long way to go
    I have hit a bit of form in the last couple of weeks, I am coming for you both!!!
  • Thread nearly dropped off first page.

Yes, it's amazing how a bit of decent communication from de cloob (by Richard Murray) - albeit prompted by the proposed CARD protest - has quietened everything down on this topic. Maybe de cloob could learn from this lesson?
  • Any idea who this preffered bidder is then
  • J BLOCK said:

Any idea who this preffered bidder is then

Talk on Saturday was that it was the McLeish and D Muir fronted group but that's not definite, only the gossip that was going around.
  • Was McLeish at the game last Saturday?

From a quick look at the pictures, I don’t think so.
  • Sponsored links:

I heard he's boycotting and only doing away games now. Fully expect to see him at Blackpool on Saturday in the away end.
    Were you in the Swan & Cemetary before Bury mate?
  • RedChaser said:

Was McLeish at the game last Saturday?

I heard he's boycotting and only doing away games now. Fully expect to see him at Blackpool on Saturday in the away end.
    No I actually missed the kick off for that game, why's that?
  • RedChaser said:

Three lads up at the bar wondered if that might have been your group as it was on the way in from the M62.
  • RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Three lads up at the bar wondered if that might have been your group as it was on the way in from the M62.
    Ah no, it was just two of us in the end. Two of us going to Blackpool as well. Not sure what our pre-match plans are yet.
  • RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Ah no, it was just two of us in the end. Two of us going to Blackpool as well. Not sure what our pre-match plans are yet.
    Probably the Pump and Truncheon looks good for us, real ale pub, then maybe the Old Bridge House nearer the ground.

• Getting exciting now.

Pump and Truncheon sounds good - what time will Roland be there to conclude the sale?

• edited January 2018
    Oggy Red said:

Getting exciting now.

Pump and Truncheon sounds good - what time will Roland be there to conclude the sale?

Ha,ha it's an ideal venue for him from a security point of view as the Lancashire Constabulary is just across the road hence the Truncheon part of the title :wink:
  • CheshireAddick
    9:27PM 86.13.238.138
    According to someone on the 'dark side' who has just messaged saying the cub is sold and will be completed early Feb to an ex footballer and a Brit Tweeted by a Fred Davidson
    Flag Quote · Promote 1Like LOL · Log

This was posted on the summary of trust meeting with RM thread, thought i'd stick it here as well
  • I've got the 'it's happening' gif ready to go @cabbles :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• So someone has bought the cub and rather than get it done with six days of the transfer window left they are going to wait until it closes before completion. Doesn’t auger well does it.
  • Is that Jims son?
  • British ex footballer. Paul Elliott??

Alex McLeish ?

But is it ex-footballer AND a Brit - i.e. two people - or is it ex-footballer who is a Brit?

Beckham is worth almost as much as two sheds???

Or it could be McLeish and Muir.
  • Just check Fred's Twitter and can't see this on there. Although the times are allowed shop so might have missed it
  • If it could be any ex player. Who would you want. Beckham would be un real.
  • If it could be any ex player. Who would you want. Beckham would be un real.

Forget about it. His interest is in MLS and setting up a team in Florida.
  • J BLOCK said:

Any idea who this preffered bidder is then

Talk on Saturday was that it was the McLeish and D Muir fronted group but that's not definite, only the gossip that was going around.
    Thanks Henry - as many have said, his preffered bidder must be someone with money to get us to the prem in order to pay back Roland’s debts (if he’s structured the deal that way).

Interesting to see if Mcleish goes on to become Scotland manager how it might scupper the deal
  • edited January 2018

Is that Jims son?

He does have a son, Fred and I think he posts on here @AFKABartram ?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!