Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited January 2018

Addickted said:

Grown men arguing over their likes & lols on an football fan forum, what a time to be alive!

Whooooosssshhhhhhh!
    Careful @Addickted I got a flag for giving someone a whoooooosh but @Pelling1993 no one was arguing, it's an in-joke about promotes that's been going on for ages (admin bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    What is a promote? Serious question!
    It's quality not quantity posting Bob and elevated to a higher status by the governor(s) just check out the likes of @Addickted (7) , @Grapevine49 (5) @bobmunro (3) for example and oh..........me (3):wink:
  • RedChaser said:

Addickted said:

Grown men arguing over their likes & lols on an football fan forum, what a time to be alive!

Whooooosssshhhhhhh!
    Careful @Addickted I got a flag for giving someone a whoooooosh but @Pelling1993 no one was arguing, it's an in-joke about promotes that's been going on for ages (admin bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    It's quality not quantity posting Bob and elevated to a higher status by the governor(s) just check out the likes of @bobmunro (3) , @Grapevine49 (5) for example and oh..........me (3):wink:
    You've made me blush now, but thanks for the mention @RedChaser

I don't like to talk about it ;-)
  • bobmunro said:

RedChaser said:

Addickted said:

Whooooosssshhhhhhh!
    It's quality not quantity posting Bob and elevated to a higher status by the governor(s) just check out the likes of @bobmunro (3) , @Grapevine49 (5) for example and oh..........me (3):wink:

3 promotes and only 2 flags.
    No-one likes a show off.

I am now going to stalk you with my finger hovering over the flag button:)
  • bobmunro said:

RedChaser said:

Addickted said:

Whooooosssshhhhhhh!

3 promotes and only 2 flags.
    No-one likes a show off.

I am now going to stalk you with my finger hovering over the flag button:)
    I bet you were the same at work with your hose :wink: .
  • edited January 2018

At the risk of being shouted down with cries of "source !" I just want to add that in the last 3 days I've been told that "it" will happen in between 2 & 4 weeks time.

All from different people too.

Thanks Fanny. I trust what you say over many other posters on here (excepting Airman Brown & RedHenry). Anyone can come on here and say "I've been told its next week" or "my friend's uncle works with someone who lives in Floyd rd....."
    but wasn't someone's friends cousin's cat right about Ricky Holmes to Sheff Utd?
    Oi! It was my Cousin's partner.

Their cat told me that we're going to be sold before the transfer window shuts... But the feckers never been purrrrrrfect on stuff to do with Charlton, he pays more attention to the Owls than Charlton.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Just had Amanda Staveley in my cab. Asked her about Mike Ashley and the rumour about being linked with us. She said she wasn't aware. Said he's asking for too much money (sound familiar?)
    She's off the Abu Dhabi on Thursday so I asked her to sell them the idea of investing in us instead. Imagine if that happened. I'd be a hero!

Being top of the CL Predictions League, you're already a hero to many of us.
  • OK it's dark, cold, raining and January and my mind may be in that sort of mood BUT

IMHO the only person truly ITK is Roland.
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

Addickted said:

Whooooosssshhhhhhh!
    It's quality not quantity posting Bob and elevated to a higher status by the governor(s) just check out the likes of @Addickted (7) , @Grapevine49 (5) @bobmunro (3) for example and oh..........me (3):wink:
    I think I understand! So it's for a quality message that opens a thread? What happens if your thread/message gets promoted? It gets shunted up to the top of page 1?

Will it improve my self-esteem?
  • OK it's dark, cold, raining and January and my mind may be in that sort of mood BUT

Surely Roland is always the only person TRULY in the know!?
  • At the risk of being shouted down with cries of "source !" I just want to add that in the last 3 days I've been told that "it" will happen in between 2 & 4 weeks time.

All from different people too.

Great to hear but is that not because they've heard it from this forum or the statement from Richard Murray?
    Neither of those "sources".
  • Beardface said:

Macronate said:

Taxi_Lad said:

Just had Amanda Staveley in my cab. Asked her about Mike Ashley and the rumour about being linked with us. She said she wasn't aware. Said he's asking for too much money (sound familiar?)
    She's off the Abu Dhabi on Thursday so I asked her to sell them the idea of investing in us instead. Imagine if that happened. I'd be a hero!

Being top of the CL Predictions League, you're already a hero to many of us.
    Don't be like that @Beardface
    There's a long way to go
  • RedChaser said:

Addickted said:

Whooooosssshhhhhhh!
    I think I understand! So it's for a quality message that opens a thread? What happens if your thread/message gets promoted? It gets shunted up to the top of page 1?

Will it improve my self-esteem?
    No, but it will wind @Henry Irving up, which always goes down well on here.

More likely truly ITK nothing category, I reckon, Arsene :wink:
  • Brazilian legend Ronaldo has revealed plans to buy a second-tier club in England or Spain. “I want to do something innovative. I think I’m prepared for the challenge,” he told Folha de S. Paulo. (Guardian)

Come down to the third tier Ronnie.
  • Brazilian legend Ronaldo has revealed plans to buy a second-tier club in England or Spain. “I want to do something innovative. I think I’m prepared for the challenge,” he told Folha de S. Paulo. (Guardian)

Dream on Ronnie unless you’ve got mates willing to waste their money too.

Ronaldo : Net worth (2015) $108 million

Could still do a job for us. Even if he is a fat fuck these days.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2018

Addickted said:

Whooooosssshhhhhhh!
    No one will ever tell you.
    I know from experience.

I imagine it's a bit like a halo.
  • JamesSeed said:

Addickted said:

Whooooosssshhhhhhh!
    No one will ever tell you.
    I know from experience.

I imagine it's a bit like a halo.
    only further down...

• edited January 2018
    @captainbob @JamesSeed and anyone else interested in the phenomena that is a 'promote' here you go;

AFKABartram Moderator
    December 2013 edited December 2013
    Miserableoldgit said:
    Sorry, what is the "Promote" thingy on my Home page ?

Moderators have the ability to promote 'quality content'. This will then be featured on the Best Of, and the user gets awarded additional points. We'll probably use it sparingly at first to see how it goes.

This is an open forum and its everyone's perogative to use it how they see fit. We as moderators though want to try and achieve two things; 1. promoting quality content, whether in subject and in humour, and providing some recognition to those are providing it, and 2. to reduce bad behaviour etc and try and maintain a polite and well moderated forum.

Hopefully some of these things like the Reactions, will help us achieve that. lets see how it goes. Give it a chance for a few weeks and see how you get on. You don't have to do anything at all, but if you see a post that you resonate with, or you think has been set out well, give it a Like, if you made you laugh, give it a LOL. only takes a second.

Apologies to those only interested in news on sale of the club but felt the image of the much maligned 'promote' needed protecting :wink:

• Sorry, what is the "Promote" thingy on my Home page ?

Moderators have the ability to promote 'quality content'. This will then be featured on the Best Of, and the user gets awarded additional points. We'll probably use it sparingly at first to see how it goes.

This is an open forum and its everyone's perogative to use it how they see fit. We as moderators though want to try and achieve two things; 1. promoting quality content, whether in subject and in humour, and providing some recognition to those are providing it, and 2. to reduce bad behaviour etc and try and maintain a polite and well moderated forum.

Hopefully some of these things like the Reactions, will help us achieve that. lets see how it goes. Give it a chance for a few weeks and see how you get on. You don't have to do anything at all, but if you see a post that you resonate with, or you think has been set out well, give it a Like, if you made you laugh, give it a LOL. only takes a second.
    I think that should be formatted to look a bit tidier than the rubbish @Redchaser just phlegmed onto the screen :wink:

Knowing our luck he'll buy Alcorcon

Could still do a job for us. Even if he is a fat fuck these days.
    It didn't work for Hasselbaink.
  • He truly knows nothing but his own mind.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!