Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

Any idea who this preffered bidder is then

Talk on Saturday was that it was the McLeish and D Muir fronted group but that's not definite, only the gossip that was going around.
    Thanks Henry - as many have said, his preffered bidder must be someone with money to get us to the prem in order to pay back Roland’s debts (if he’s structured the deal that way).

Interesting to see if Mcleish goes on to become Scotland manager how it might scupper the deal
    Interesting that Murray didn't use the term "preferred bidder" with the Trust but that was reported to have been said to the staff the day before.
  • So someone has bought the cub and rather than get it done with six days of the transfer window left they are going to wait until it closes before completion. Doesn’t auger well does it.

As said before, when a new owner is thinking with 5-6 years into the future in mind then one week of a January transfer window doesn't really matter in the bigger picture.
  • RedChaser said:

Is that Jims son?

He does have a son, Fred and I think he posts on here @AFKABartram ?
    Take a look at the profile and decide for yourself. I can't be arsed. Gave up when I read "Brexiteer. Tory" :-)

• RedChaser said:

Is that Jims son?

Take a look at the profile and decide for yourself. I can't be arsed. Gave up when I read "Brexiteer. Tory" :-)

That’ll be him then
  • edited January 2018

RedChaser said:

Is that Jims son?

I'm not on Twitter, Prague and that link is asking me to log in, so I'll take your word for it.
  • edited January 2018

RedChaser said:

Is that Jims son?

The fact that he is the spitting image of a young Jim Davidson suggests that it is. Anyway Fred said,

"all I know it is a Brit and an ex player. ITS HAPPENING BOYS! "

This isn't the same as what was said above and isn't saying 100% that the club has been sold.
    Also Donald Muir =Brit, Alex McLeish = ex player.

https://twitter.com/FredGDavidson/with_replies
  • Sounds like Pail Elliott on the ex player front - I know he’s been sniffing round for years.
  • J BLOCK said:

Sounds like Pail Elliott on the ex player front - I know he’s been sniffing round for years.

Ex player, not ex Charlton player.
  • Strange I cannot see that tweet in his timeline. Has he removed it?
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:

Sounds like Pail Elliott on the ex player front - I know he’s been sniffing round for years.

Why Elliott and Not McLeish? McLeish is the obvious one here surely? Or are you taking 'ex player' to mean ex Charlton player, rather than just an ex player?
  • Also intersting he says British not English.
  • Dennis Wise and Mike Ashley?
  • I’m going to bed. Next time I look at this thread I expect to see 100 plus new posts and yet still nobody will be none the wiser. It’s my birthday next Friday. I’m expecting it then or not.
  • Definitely Jim's son, also retweeted a tweet from Charlie Davidson, who tweets about Jim Davidson a lot
  • RedChaser said:

Is that Jims son?

The fact that he is the spitting image of a young Jim Davidson suggests that it is. Anyway Fred said,

"all I know it is a Brit and an ex player. ITS HAPPENING BOYS! "

This isn't the same as what was said above and isn't saying 100% that the club has been sold.
    Also Donald Muir =Brit, Alex McLeish = ex player.

https://twitter.com/FredGDavidson/with_replies
    Isn't he just!!
  • Paul Edgecomb, and John Coffey (in the chair). Done deal.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2018
  • Not a single comment on this thread today.
    I do hope it's the quiet before the storm
  • ^see above
  • Jim D's son Fred used to post on here

What was his username
  • So after 2 million views, fevered speculation about trillionare Arabs, Australian consortiums, beards, poetry and Dutch sexual perversion, the son of a comic confirms it's a Scottish bloke and his accountant.

Perfect.

It's Charlton ain't it?
  • So still no inside knowledge on who is the money behind Muir and Mcleish - strange

What was his username
    @Fred

;)
  • Can't remember his exact handle, but he posted a lot on the Jim Davidson thread early on

I would look, but got graft to do
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!