Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I think uncle has the keys, and is demanding a ransom for them.

Bloody hammer blocking the takeover.

• He’s a businessmen, no successful bussinmen will continue with something losing money.
    Guess he should have looked into the fact that only Premier League Clubs make money and if he had been willing to spend £50M more the last four years that he might well be profitable now, in the PL, and then could have sold us for £150M+.
  • So any word on who this preferred bidder is
  • J BLOCK said:

So any word on who this preferred bidder is

Mark Curry
  • J BLOCK said:

Mark Curry
    Would be happier with Steph Curry.
  • Vindaloo?

He ate them and wants henners to help him retrieve them
  • Sponsored links:

He ate them and wants henners to help him retrieve them
    I'll find a locksmith, thanks
  • Any new faces in the Directors box today?

Bernie Ecclestone
  • Poss mid Feb.
    Preferred bidder.
    (Thanks fore info top source)
  • aka Sue Perks
  • There’s been no bid mate not one no one on here has said there has

There’s been people looking and shown an interest enough to do DD but not one of those have shown their value with an offer

Just because someone is a preferred bidder it doesn’t mean they’ve made an offer

I haven’t seen anyone say there’s been an offer

Even when it was said it was imminent , I was told on here it’s how you determine imminent

To me the word means real soon I think it was October that was said and that’s a long time ago now

We are closer to being sold than ever but I have always said it’s a time away yet

No one has met his value no one will it’s a spaceman number

Top value from a buyer to purchase us will be 30 mil and all assets I think personally the toss pot will take half his asking price and get paid a rent

He wants the land in the car park for property and I still think he will get his way on some of that land

I get all that but you still haven't explained what makes you so certain of what you are saying. If its just your opinion, fair enough but let me know and I can continue to be optimistic. If you actually have some contacts who are letting you know all this, then I can go back to wanting to slit my wrists :-) I personally don't see how anyone can have an insight on whether an offer has NOT been made unless you have been informed by RD himself or someone close to him. On the other hand I CAN see how people may have connections to potential bidders and can therefore give us an insight to a buyers point of view. Not digging you out at all but I'm curious as to how you are so certain of your facts.
    For me the most important thing has been for people to be realistic and not get to the point we did this week and have a vacuum of discontent with us fans caused by lack progress or information

I am very optimistic and very much of the belief that again today we are more closer to being sold by this fool

It’s just not days away it may not even be weeks ,

if we maintain form there’s even less motivation for him to sell

And Unless the trigger can be pulled in the next 2 weeks the potential new owners won’t have the ability to enhance our league position and go for it to try and go up

I am just being realistic my personal opinion is still I don’t think we will be sold before next seasons league status is confirmed

Do you or your contacts know the identity of the preferred bidder?

No mate as far as I know no one has been discounted

Last week two others were spoken too so for RD to have reached that decision without those guys having the same opportunity as those involved earlier I find surprising

However two weeks ago it was said that Roland had a trusted person involved in one of the groups so I don’t see it as news or any further indication things have moved on much further than before

• edited January 2018
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2018
    My bet is still Buy You Soon takeaway of The Great Place of the People’s Food Hall, Kunming, China.
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

I agree to an extent RCT but if somebody with money - forever he or whoever - had turned up at the valley before we left for selhurst - that whole episode wouldn't have happened - and that was far more depressing than this situation - think people need to cheer up - got a good loan in, another striker likely, hated owner selling and we r 6th and re grouping for a promotion push - it's all down to what u want to believe at the moment anc my glass is half full

We were top 6 in championship (div2) and promoted to Div1 at selhurst mate, this is worse.
    In your opinion
    We were all singing from the same hymn sheet over at Sainsbury's.

Now the club has been torn apart.

In my opinion.
  • The biggest fear in it all for me and always has been is his wealth remember he doesn’t have to sell it’s not being generated by need of cash and that makes his a very strong position in any negotiation

I still have a horrible feeling he will fuck us one more time before he goes

Retaining The Valley in some form has always been my thought.
  • Valley11 said:

The biggest fear in it all for me and always has been is his wealth remember he doesn’t have to sell it’s not being generated by need of cash and that makes his a very strong position in any negotiation

I still have a horrible feeling he will fuck us one more time before he goes

Agree. And it could well be the people he sells us to.
    He does not like Charlton fans.

He most likely wants some form of revenge against a group of people that got under his skin.

Thats also maybe why the asking price is shockingly stupid and unrealistic.

Things have escalated to personal in his mind and he may attempt to gain some form of last laugh.

It may be a slow painful death for Charlton.

Lets just hope not eh
  • J BLOCK said:

Mark Curry
    Blue Peter presenters must be much better paid than I thought.

• edited January 2018

seth plum said:

May I say that not every Chinese person owns or works in a food establishment, and that some Chinese food is poor fare and some Chinese people are poor cooks.
    Must every Chinese reference rush to the same stereotype?

Seth leave off for Christ’s sake......tell us something we don’t all know. Are you trying to educate us all and me in particular.
    Why take it so f’ing seriously......blimey!
    maybe because he finds it offensive to his family?

Would you be happy about people insulting your family even if it was meant to be a "joke"?
    I am well aware of his family connections.
    My attempts at a perfectly harmless joke not withstanding.
    That insulted his family.....really!
  • seth plum said:

May I say that not every Chinese person owns or works in a food establishment, and that some Chinese food is poor fare and some Chinese people are poor cooks.
    Must every Chinese reference rush to the same stereotype?

Seth leave off for Christ’s sake......tell us something we don’t all know. Are you trying to educate us all and me in particular.
    Why take it so f’ing seriously......blimey!
    maybe because he finds it offensive to his family?

Would you be happy about people insulting your family even if it was meant to be a "joke"?
    I am well aware of his family connections.
    My attempts at a perfectly harmless joke not withstanding.
    harmess to you, not to others perhaps. Why is it so hard to see that?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!