Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Depends the size of the club Oggy he never bought us to make the club bigger and better he bought it to asset strip it

Players and land that’s the most obvious thing that he has done without even needing to tell anyone

He don’t care what division we play in if he could put 100 flats there his job is done
  • How long does DD usually take? Does that happen alongside the price negotiations? Before? After?
  • edited January 2018
    Oggy Red said:

He wants the land in the car park for property and I still think he will get his way on some of that land

Surely that car parking space is vital to the club on matchdays?

Yep and there is still the small matter of the ex directors charges over the land so unless he pays them off (£7m), not to mention all the other obstacles that have been explained over and over, he can forget any dealings in it.
  • Thanks, NLA.

That sums up the Rat.

Greedy bastard.

• Rob said:

How long does DD usually take? Does that happen alongside the price negotiations? Before? After?

DD should take 2 weeks
  • When / where do we hear about meeting with RM?
  • There’s been no bid mate not one no one on here has said there has

There’s been people looking and shown an interest enough to do DD but not one of those have shown their value with an offer

Just because someone is a preferred bidder it doesn’t mean they’ve made an offer

I haven’t seen anyone say there’s been an offer

Even when it was said it was imminent , I was told on here it’s how you determine imminent

To me the word means real soon I think it was October that was said and that’s a long time ago now

We are closer to being sold than ever but I have always said it’s a time away yet

No one has met his value no one will it’s a spaceman number

Top value from a buyer to purchase us will be 30 mil and all assets I think personally the toss pot will take half his asking price and get paid a rent

He wants the land in the car park for property and I still think he will get his way on some of that land

I get all that but you still haven't explained what makes you so certain of what you are saying. If its just your opinion, fair enough but let me know and I can continue to be optimistic. If you actually have some contacts who are letting you know all this, then I can go back to wanting to slit my wrists :-) I personally don't see how anyone can have an insight on whether an offer has NOT been made unless you have been informed by RD himself or someone close to him. On the other hand I CAN see how people may have connections to potential bidders and can therefore give us an insight to a buyers point of view. Not digging you out at all but I'm curious as to how you are so certain of your facts.
  • When / where do we hear about meeting with RM?

On www.castrust.org later this evening but sure we will also post link here and Tweet it.
  • The biggest fear in it all for me and always has been is his wealth remember he doesn’t have to sell it’s not being generated by need of cash and that makes his a very strong position in any negotiation

I still have a horrible feeling he will fuck us one more time before he goes

Agree. And it could well be the people he sells us to.
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:

The biggest fear in it all for me and always has been is his wealth remember he doesn’t have to sell it’s not being generated by need of cash and that makes his a very strong position in any negotiation

Ouch.

Why is it Charlton has become just a chattel for investors and speculators, conniving people with dollar signs in their eyes.

Whatever happened to the owner who was passionate about football?
  • Valley11 said:

The biggest fear in it all for me and always has been is his wealth remember he doesn’t have to sell it’s not being generated by need of cash and that makes his a very strong position in any negotiation

Yep
  • Valley11 said:

Yep
    Do you know who the interested parties are? Is one of them suspect?
  • With three straight league wins, all the while refusing permanent transfers in, and selling off our best player, RD now probably considers himself a transfer market genius.
  • Valley11 said:

Yep
    Do you know who the interested parties are? Is one of them suspect?
    No mate and I have no idea
  • The biggest fear in it all for me and always has been is his wealth remember he doesn’t have to sell it’s not being generated by need of cash and that makes his a very strong position in any negotiation

He’s a businessmen, no successful bussinmen will continue with something losing money.

There’s been people looking and shown an interest enough to do DD but not one of those have shown their value with an offer

Just because someone is a preferred bidder it doesn’t mean they’ve made an offer

Even when it was said it was imminent , I was told on here it’s how you determine imminent

To me the word means real soon I think it was October that was said and that’s a long time ago now

We are closer to being sold than ever but I have always said it’s a time away yet

Top value from a buyer to purchase us will be 30 mil and all assets I think personally the toss pot will take half his asking price and get paid a rent

I get all that but you still haven't explained what makes you so certain of what you are saying. If its just your opinion, fair enough but let me know and I can continue to be optimistic. If you actually have some contacts who are letting you know all this, then I can go back to wanting to slit my wrists :-) I personally don't see how anyone can have an insight on whether an offer has NOT been made unless you have been informed by RD himself or someone close to him. On the other hand I CAN see how people may have connections to potential bidders and can therefore give us an insight to a buyers point of view. Not digging you out at all but I'm curious as to how you are so certain of your facts.
    NLA has contacts that would have info about the takeover.

Other than Duchatelet I doubt anyone has 100% of the story from all sides but NLA will certainly have a good view albeit from one perspective.

Others will have other sources from other perspectives and so be more optimistic.

• I have nothing to back this up but i have a horrible feeling the real rebuilding will only start with the owners after the ones who will buy off RD.
  • So will this 'preferred' party do its own due diligence from scratch or purchase the already completed DD and use that as a base to get things progressing
  • Sponsored links:

• huge ego ---£700 mill in his pocket and an endless supply of duck tape.He can do us alot more damage

For me the most important thing has been for people to be realistic and not get to the point we did this week and have a vacuum of discontent with us fans caused by lack progress or information

I am very optimistic and very much of the belief that again today we are more closer to being sold by this fool

It’s just not days away it may not even be weeks ,

if we maintain form there’s even less motivation for him to sell

And Unless the trigger can be pulled in the next 2 weeks the potential new owners won’t have the ability to enhance our league position and go for it to try and go up

I am just being realistic my personal opinion is still I don’t think we will be sold before next seasons league status is confirmed

Other than Duchatelet I doubt anyone has 100% of the story from all sides but NLA will certainly have a good view albeit from one perspective.

Others will have other sources from other perspectives and so be more optimistic.

More than 1 Henners

More than 1 Henners
    True but the real question is where are the keys?

For me the most important thing has been for people to be realistic and not get to the point we did this week and have a vacuum of discontent with us fans caused by lack progress or information

I am very optimistic and very much of the belief that again today we are more closer to being sold by this fool

It’s just not days away it may not even be weeks ,

if we maintain form there’s even less motivation for him to sell

And Unless the trigger can be pulled in the next 2 weeks the potential new owners won’t have the ability to enhance our league position and go for it to try and go up

I am just being realistic my personal opinion is still I don’t think we will be sold before next seasons league status is confirmed

Do you or your contacts know the identity of the preferred bidder?
  • Ha ha they should be with you this week when I get back from midlands
  • Ha ha they should be with you this week when I get back from midlands

Good to hear. They are crucial to the next stage as you know. :wink:
  • On it mate don’t worry
  • On it mate don’t worry

I trust you completely but you know the other parties in the consortium want to see them ASAP :wink:
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!