Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• @seth plum out of interest (to me) what was the painting you posted? Up there earlier ^^
  • Loving the fact I've been out. Had a f-ing skinfull. Not had a look at this thread since this morning and its mooovedd on 15 post's

NEVER GOMNA HAPPEN!

IM PIssED
  • Loving the fact I've been out. Had a f-ing skinfull. Not had a look at this thread since this morning and its mooovedd on 15 post's

NEVER GOMNA HAPPEN!

IM PIssED

Yep, I'm as full as a boot.
    Roland or his tainted bloodline is always going to own our club.
    They won't sell to normal people for a reasonable amount.
    We won't walk away.
    We're fecked.
  • Charlton till I die

Pain in the arse for any owner.
  • HarryLime said:

@seth plum out of interest (to me) what was the painting you posted? Up there earlier ^^

Was it John of cleeve
  • edited January 2018
    Bert of Plumstead?
  • Ghengis Khan ?
  • Heer van der Oven?
  • Painted on a lavatory wall in Blackheath.
    Unknown artist.

• NEVER GOMNA HAPPEN!

Get this on a massive banner.
  • Sponsored links:

• Are we getting the feeling that no-one's going to buy us?
  • JamesSeed said:

Are we getting the feeling that no-one's going to buy us?

Yes
  • JamesSeed said:

Are we getting the feeling that no-one's going to buy us?

Yes
    Then we are doomed.
  • No one is going to pay £55 million for a third division football club. Question is how long does you-know-who plan to hang on? As a 'businessman' what are his reasons? Is he content to watch this club wither and die just because he can? My real concern is he agrees to lower his asking price on the condition that he retains an interest in the real estate of the club. Just gets more depressing every day doesn't it?
  • edited January 2018
    Surely the way out of this is staged payments based on success, profits etc. A buyer agrees to pay £27m upfront, for example, in return RD agrees to sell the club, but holds a 'Tenure in Common' over The Valley. The new owners agree, over a period of time and/or relative success, to buy more and more of The Valley. They put a time limit of, for arguments sake, 5 years to agree a final payments.
    In return RD drops his ridiculous asking price to say £40m.
    During the intervening 5 years the new owners push hard for the PL, and IF, we get there they can pay off early and reap the rewards of being in the PL.
    The flaw of course is we don't get to the Championship, let alone the PL. In that case the original payment structure of £13m over 5 years would be in force.
    The alternative is RD is stuck with the club and continues to lose money!!

Out here in China, there is a lot of interest in English Football clubs, and while the Republic's government are putting restrictions on what can be spent abroad to buy clubs, it is way above the so called £55m that RD is asking for. A Chinese consortium/single entity could quite easily afford to buy us and invest. That maybe our only hope, if as people are saying, other buyers have walked away. RD will continue to lose money, and not invest in the club, we would be on a slippery slope where maybe we cant come back from?
  • I was told in late December from a respected source that the absolute last date for a takeover to be completed was the 20 January.
    If it hadn’t been completed by then it wouldn’t happen before the end of the season.

So unless Richard Murray says different today, it looks like Roland will still be in charge until May.

If he does stay in charge I am sure things are going to get much worse before they get better.

What the future holds I don’t know, possibly administration?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2018
    RolandOut knows what he’s doing, after all he is a successful businessman. He has taken our friend Napa’s calculation as a starting figure and as a compromise reduced the value to £55m due to the cloob being in the 3rd tier. It’s a snip of a cost for a dynamic upwardly run cloob on the brink of promotion to the 2nd tier and then just a hop away from the Promise Land where any investment will at least a quadruple return. Take it or leave it situation.
  • I was told in late December from a respected source that the absolute last date for a takeover to be completed was the 20 January.
    If it hadn’t been completed by then it wouldn’t happen before the end of the season.

So unless Richard Murray says different today, it looks like Roland will still be in charge until May.

If he does stay in charge I am sure things are going to get much worse before they get better.

What the future holds I don’t know, possibly administration?

So what you are saying is that today is the day. Maybe he's gambling on promotion? We would be worth more in the Championship....but still not £55 million and he would have to spend even more to keep us there.
  • edited January 2018
    Wonder if Mark Curry will be at today's game with McLeish? Guests of Murray again?

We all just need a bit of Russell Slade's patience.
  • N01R4M said:

Scoham said:

I don't see how anyone can guarantee a date. If RD gets an acceptable offer tomorrow he has no reason to delay it until after the season ends.

Agreed. But does a purchaser have any incentive to rush to seal a deal when it is patently too late to improve the strength of the team for the second half of the season? They are just letting themselves in for 6 months of running costs with little hope of promotion, before they can get down to team improvement business in the next window.

Granted there will also be behind-the-scenes things to be changed, but hopefully these could be undertaken in half that time. I imagine any sense of urgency to purchase is about to disappear, and we will be stuck with RD until the end of the season. He will be content with this financially if he can cover running costs by selling the family silver.

We therefore need to look at what can be done by way of protests here and in Belgium to ensure we don’t have a repeat in the summer, with RD still holding out for an unrealistic price, or (worse in my opinion) making only a partial sale.
    Alternatively they can spend 6 months making the necessary behind the scenes changes ready for a summer of rebuilding and promotion, hopefully using that momentum the next season in the championship.
  • I have heard it's the 18th 19th 20th 26th. Nobody knows. What I do know is that Douch is losing money every month. He can't carry on Ad Finitum. I fear that we need to play the long game.
  • edited January 2018
    It’s a waiting game to see who blinks first and with RD losing money with every passing day any potential bidder just needs to stick to their guns on the asking price and show a considerable amount of patience. The old tosser will crack eventually I’m sure.
  • If this goes on any longer there won’t be anybody around to blink.

RolandOut!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!