Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• PopIcon said:

Addickted said:

From the OS interview with Robinson today

Takeover talks ongoing

“I’m not sure of on goings regarding the takeover. I’ve seen people be shown round the training ground and the facilities but I’m but unsure on names of consortiums. I know just as much as you do.

“There are still going to be many different obstacles to try and overcome and it’s concerning that the takeover talk is happening in the middle of January, as we need to bring in more players.

“I still don’t know if the takeover is going to happen in a week or five months, we’re in the dark over that.

“My job is to manage the team and everything above me will take care of itself.”

I think if I saw "people being shown round the training ground" that as Manager, I might want to introduce myself and find out who they are.

Not like KR to be shy at coming forward. Particularly as his job may be at risk.

Maybe his Chinese isn’t that good.
    Are you toying with us @Airman Brown or do you actually know more than you’re letting on?
    Chinese were shown around ages ago, think it was November.
    End of last season
  • Redhenry said:

PopIcon said:

Addickted said:

Takeover talks ongoing

“I’m not sure of on goings regarding the takeover. I’ve seen people be shown round the training ground and the facilities but I’m but unsure on names of consortiums. I know just as much as you do.

“There are still going to be many different obstacles to try and overcome and it’s concerning that the takeover talk is happening in the middle of January, as we need to bring in more players.

“I still don’t know if the takeover is going to happen in a week or five months, we’re in the dark over that.

“My job is to manage the team and everything above me will take care of itself.”

I think if I saw "people being shown round the training ground" that as Manager, I might want to introduce myself and find out who they are.

Not like KR to be shy at coming forward. Particularly as his job may be at risk.

Are you toying with us @Airman Brown or do you actually know more than you’re letting on?
    Chinese were shown around ages ago, think it was November.
    End of last season
    Different groups I believe
  • Probably
  • DOUCHER said:

I agree to an extent RCT but if somebody with money - forever he or whoever - had turned up at the valley before we left for selhurst - that whole episode wouldn't have happened - and that was far more depressing than this situation - think people need to cheer up - got a good loan in, another striker likely, hated owner selling and we r 6th and re grouping for a promotion push - it's all down to what u want to believe at the moment anc my glass is half full

We were top 6 in championship (div2) and promoted to Div1 at selhurst mate, this is worse.
    I hate Roland with a passion but nothing was worse than losing the valley and playing at shithurst imo.
    We were exiled 7 years, we are already 4 years into this fella.
    I dread to think where we will be in another 3 years if there is no change.
  • cafcfan said:

seth plum said:

Addickted said:

Addickted said:

Takeover talks ongoing

You're just trying to make me get a Flag from Seth aren't you?
    I have never flagged anybody.
    Not even a Dutch flag?
    Oh no.
  • edited January 2018
    I wasn't sure if he meant he spent a lot or very little. I assume very little.
  • Swisdom said:

I can confirm a consortium / prospective buyer was shown around the training ground last week.

It was the day it was all flooded and looked especially shit apparently

The pitch was that it was an aquatic training centre.
  • I would like to think he can still talk to other clubs about the 2 perms and 2 loans?
  • edited January 2018

Karl Robinson: I think it will eventually come out what I have spent – and it will shock the life out of the fans

£44k
  • Sponsored links:

• Fosu and Page are the only two bought maybe? But I don't think many clubs in league One have actually spent money.
  • edited January 2018
    Addickted said:

Glad to see the highly expensive drainage system installed by TK and paid for by RD is already showing a similar return on the investment as six previous first team coaches and about 30 purchased players.

He’s got form. Apparently the burger van took over ten years to get up and running.
  • Fosu and Page are the only two bought maybe? But I don't think many clubs in league One have actually spent money.

and Clarke
  • J BLOCK said:

Not sure if this is of relevance

EDIT: Can't seem to quote @J BLOCK's tweet earlier in this thread about the HK acquisition firm tweeting about being interested in buying any EFL league 1 club but will also consider league 2 on behalf of US investors.

FFS. What an utter shit show our game in has England become. How have we let this happen?

Our clubs will just become temporary playthings for corporations, grotesque billionaires and private equity investors.

I've lived and breathed the game since being about 5 years old and even remember thinking as a kid on occasion where I'd meet someone who decline no interest in it "What's the point of life if you're not into football ?"

Not naive enough to ignore that football and the wider world has changed and the realist in me knows that the only route to success is to sell out to an ego/ commercially- driven ownership with absolutely no link to the club and who couldn't care less whether they're buying Barnet or Barnsley.

But the fact that you now can casually tweet about acquiring a club, any arbitrary club, with unique history, tradition and dedicated fan base of thousands who have spent their lives devoted to them, and materially shape their future, prosperity (and very survival) in a manner as if you're looking to purchase a pair of shoes is devastating in the context of the English game. What's more is regardless of the laughably inept "fit and proper" supposed filter process the reality seems to be that it is as easy as buying a pair of loafers and sod the consequences to the institutions that have stood as a focal point in our towns and cities and their inhabitants for over a century.

Never envisaged that I'd ever think this but I can't see myself following the game in 5-10 years if it carries on on this trajectory.

Utterly depressing.
    I've been moving that way for a few years now. I'd probably say NFL has become my favourite sport over football these days.
  • edited January 2018
    NapaAddick said
    It's getting hard to keep my sanity.

Fumbluff said
    Maybe try counting something? I hear that can help.....

Harsh.

and Clarke
    I thought Clarke mutually terminated his contract with Bradford?

and Clarke
    I thought Clarke mutually terminated his contract with Bradford?
    no, it was an undisclosed fee, rumoured to be 100k

• Sponsored links:

• Bloody hell.. remember when we were dropping 2 million quid on izale mcloud and Luke varney. Each. What we could do with that money now

Indeed, We could re-sign Relegation Roger.
  • cafc999 said:

Karl Robinson: I think it will eventually come out what I have spent – and it will shock the life out of the fans

£44.00
    Fixed it for you.

• DOUCHER said:

I have just received a photo of the teams for the valley helpers v club staff match on the pitch at the end of the game in 1992 - it's in a frame and I will be hanging it up but if the museum would like a scanned copy I can upload it onto here or pop a copy into the museum - is it open on match days? If so, what time and how do you get to it? If not open is there a letterbox? If wanted let me know - proper Charlton picture

@DOUCHER please email a copy to the museum via cafchistorian@gmail.com
  • Chinese at the training ground recently was a red herring.
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

I agree to an extent RCT but if somebody with money - forever he or whoever - had turned up at the valley before we left for selhurst - that whole episode wouldn't have happened - and that was far more depressing than this situation - think people need to cheer up - got a good loan in, another striker likely, hated owner selling and we r 6th and re grouping for a promotion push - it's all down to what u want to believe at the moment anc my glass is half full

We were top 6 in championship (div2) and promoted to Div1 at selhurst mate, this is worse.
    In your opinion
    Of course it's his opinion. You don't need to write 'in my opinion' every time you post.

Do you?

Oh.

Of course it's his opinion. You don't need to write 'in my opinion' every time you post, in my opinion.
  • Bored with Robinson going on about it all the time now.
    He talks like there will be some sort of resolution to all this shortly.
    This is Charlton mate so I wouldn't get your hopes up.
    Just get on with what you've got.

We're all bored of the whole saga. That's why we check this thread every ten minutes everyday and watch Karl's pressers avidly.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!