Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

Tony Adams addressing the first team squad today.

New director of football so takeover must be close

Hopefully some more of this https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/605879/Arsenal-Tony-Adams-dad-dancing-Grenada-training-video
  • Options
    Robinson sounds as discombobulated as we all are.
  • Options

Addickted said:

From the OS interview with Robinson today

Takeover talks ongoing

“I’m not sure of on goings regarding the takeover. I’ve seen people be shown round the training ground and the facilities but I’m but unsure on names of consortiums. I know just as much as you do.

“There are still going to be many different obstacles to try and overcome and it’s concerning that the takeover talk is happening in the middle of January, as we need to bring in more players.

“I still don’t know if the takeover is going to happen in a week or five months, we’re in the dark over that.

“My job is to manage the team and everything above me will take care of itself.”

I think if I saw "people being shown round the training ground" that as Manager, I might want to introduce myself and find out who they are.

Not like KR to be shy at coming forward. Particularly as his job may be at risk.

Maybe his Chinese isn’t that good.
    Are you toying with us @Airman Brown or do you actually know more than you’re letting on?
  • Options

Good god....Great CB but we don't need more people who talk sh*te!
  • Options

Nice cardie
  • Options
    Adams was Director of football at Granada and is apparently close friends with their Chinese owner Jiang Lizhang. Just saying...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:

Addickted said:

Takeover talks ongoing

“I’m not sure of on goings regarding the takeover. I’ve seen people be shown round the training ground and the facilities but I’m but unsure on names of consortiums. I know just as much as you do.

“There are still going to be many different obstacles to try and overcome and it’s concerning that the takeover talk is happening in the middle of January, as we need to bring in more players.

“I still don’t know if the takeover is going to happen in a week or five months, we’re in the dark over that.

“My job is to manage the team and everything above me will take care of itself.”

I think if I saw "people being shown round the training ground" that as Manager, I might want to introduce myself and find out who they are.

Not like KR to be shy at coming forward. Particularly as his job may be at risk.

You're just trying to make me get a Flag from Seth aren't you?
    I have never flagged anybody.
  • Options

Nice cardie
    More of an open neck sweater but Tony wears it well.

His contacts and experience in the game will be invaluable.
  • Options

Adams was Director of football at Granada and is apparently close friends with their Chinese owner Jiang Lizhang. Just saying...

And today, by coincidence, he turns up at the training ground.
  • Options
    Pretty sure Ajose is in that picture
  • Options

Addickted said:

Takeover talks ongoing

Are you toying with us @Airman Brown or do you actually know more than you’re letting on?
    Just know, as I've reported before, that a group of Chinese was recently shown around the training ground.
    and the museum so it is a yes from me
  • Options

Addickted said:

Takeover talks ongoing

Chinese were shown around ages ago, think it was November.
  • Options
    Interesting, Wikipedia suggests that he had an unpopular foray into Belgian football “As of late 2016 he has been working on a takeover of the Belgian second division football club OHL, short for Oud-Heverlee Leuven. [5] This attempt has been met with significant disapproval by the local community and the club's fans as well as local politicians, since the city of Leuven is the biggest stakeholder in the club and owner of the land on which the club's stadium is built.”
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2018

And today, by coincidence, he turns up at the training ground.
    That's his 'don't be a pisshead like me' lecture isn't it?
  • Options
    Isn't Leuven the club Tony Watt went to?
  • Options

Interesting, Wikipedia suggests that he had an unpopular foray into Belgian football “As of late 2016 he has been working on a takeover of the Belgian second division football club OHL, short for Oud-Heverlee Leuven. [5] This attempt has been met with significant disapproval by the local community and the club's fans as well as local politicians, since the city of Leuven is the biggest stakeholder in the club and owner of the land on which the club's stadium is built.”
    Coincidentally (??) isn't Leuven where RD (& KM) attended university?
  • Options
    N01R4M said:

Coincidentally (??) isn't Leuven where RD (& KM) attended university?
    The “trusted” bidder perhaps?
  • Options
    And where the Stella Artois brewery is.
  • Options
    Jiang Lizhang worth? .
  • Options

Addickted said:

Takeover talks ongoing

Just know, as I've reported before, that a group of Chinese was recently shown around the training ground.
    Been nosying around Belgian owned club OH Leuven too... maybe they told him RD is selling a club in their budget...
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Jiang Lizhang worth? .

lots
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!