Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    An article on Newcastle who seem to be in the same position as us (not monetary). Plus how clubs lose value when relegated, as in the case of Aston Villa. May be of interest

Ashley has supported Newcastle financially for many years. The £129m in loans he has given the club are all interest free.

His incremental purchase of 100% of Newcastle shares cost a total of around £134m in 2007.

That is a £263m investment in all - leaving him £13m out of pocket on a bid of £250m.

But Sports Direct, according to some analysts, has received around £20m to £40m in free advertising through its association with the club.

Despite that, it would appear Ashley is holding out for a considerably higher offer and is prepared to accept deferred payments if necessary.

The gamble will arguably come, though, if Benitez is denied investment in this transfer window and is left to fight for Premier League survival with his current squad.

Aston Villa provide a salient example of what awaits if the third relegation of Ashley's tenure does come to pass in May.

Put up for sale with an asking price of £200m in 2014, the club's American owner Randy Lerner was forced to accept a fee close to £80m in June 2016 following relegation.
  • Options
    cafcwill said:

Redhenry said:

No progress unfortunately. RD wants 55m, the best bid is about half that amount.

55 Mill, what a joke!

Out of interest, do you know who has the highest bid in?

Aussies?
    Scots?
    Your Mystery Party?
    Other?
    At the moment it is other - Me. (I’ve offered £700, a signed picture of Andy Peake and a couple of fake passports).
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

There wont be a takeover before the season ends imo

think you're probably right
    First time i have ever been in agreement with Doucher.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Redhenry said:

No progress unfortunately. RD wants 55m, the best bid is about half that amount.

Even £27.5m approximately seems high.

At some point Duchatelet will have to budge even if £55m is just an opening gambit.

Meanwhile the manager can't buy players for a fee, we have no CEO, FD leaving, manager publicly insulting the owner, better players being sold and money just paying running costs. Training ground project abandoned a 10th finished.

But whatever you do don't protest. It might upset someone.
    Depends on how it is structured. Probably a good deal if it is £1 upfront and £27.5M on our winning The Champions League for the 5th time running. Would even let him have 3% interest rolling up on it in the meantime. :smile:

Anyway I imagine the price of a quid is agreed and it is RD wanting to leave only £55M cash in the clubs bank account on sale, which will only cover 50% of the wages of Naby Sarr’s thousand year contract that is the issue.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When two members of ROT talked with Duchâtelet in August, one of them referenced the purchase price of the club, the fact that the club and been degraded, questioned the £50-£60m that Duchâtelet was reported to be looking for, and suggested this sort of figure seemed unrealistic.

Duchâtelet responded saying, "well that's your opinion, I know how to value a business, I know what a business is worth."

Make of that what you will, but for me it would suggest a £55m asking price is very believable.
  • Options

Some facts to settle the minds.
    He cannot keep Ground and Training Ground without writing a cheque for £7mn to buy back charges owned by RM and 6 other Ex Directors.
    He doesn’t want to pay them off, therefore buyers are expected to.This is a blockage.
    His asking price of £45 to £55mn is ridiculous.
    Two buyers are in the open Aussie Group and Donald Muir/ McLeish group, one done DD 3 months ago , one doing it now?
    No one will offer more than £25mn up front , so he has to take a deal on his remaining debt and sort out Ex Directors.
    Those are all facts.

Unknowns
    Is RM involved in both or either bid?
    Is Donal Muir working for Roland or does he have a backer?
    Are there really 2 or 3 others sniffing around.
    What deal will he accept on the Balance of his money going forward?

Discuss.

Useful summary. Murray is almost certainly involved in one and I imagine will get involved in any deal if possible.

I was contacted by one interested party with some questions about RD recently. Don’t know if they are serious or credible but they suggested to me that RM is trying to use his loan as leverage. So there are other people sniffing around.

They also suggested that the Staprix debt may have disappeared from the books.
    That's very interesting. Care to tell us more?
  • Options
    If anyone is at the press conference tomorrow can they please ask Robinson if he still believes that 'the fans have got their Charlton back' - I don't think so, does anyone else disagree?
    Fuck of Rowland!!!
  • Options

He cannot keep Ground and Training Ground without writing a cheque for £7mn to buy back charges owned by RM and 6 other Ex Directors.
    He doesn’t want to pay them off, therefore buyers are expected to.This is a blockage.
    Two buyers are in the open Aussie Group and Donald Muir/ McLeish group, one done DD 3 months ago , one doing it now?
    No one will offer more than £25mn up front , so he has to take a deal on his remaining debt and sort out Ex Directors.
    Those are all facts.

Unknowns

Discuss.

Sounds unlikely, if the asking price is £55m.
  • Options

Those are all facts.

Unknowns

Discuss.

Useful summary. Murray is almost certainly involved in one and I imagine will get involved in any deal if possible.

I was contacted by one interested party with some questions about RD recently. Don’t know if they are serious or credible but they suggested to me that RM is trying to use his loan as leverage. So there are other people sniffing around.

Those are all facts.

Unknowns

Discuss.

Those are all facts.

Unknowns

Discuss.

Those are all facts.

Unknowns

Discuss.

What buyers need to understand is if they pay off Directors Loans in full RM has no bargaining power .
    He must be offering to swap his Loan for Equity or to take a discount to be involved.
    Those that don’t want him know that, but have to do a deal with Roland,and there is the difficulty.
    Why do you think he has stayed so long?
  • Options
    Both Barnsley and Bolton are smaller clubs i believe than us, we are also in London and have huge potential if the owners get things right
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2018

Both Barnsley and Bolton are smaller clubs i believe than us, we are also in London and have huge potential if the owners get things right

To be fair, I agree to an extent. However, they’re in a better position to do a “Huddersfield” than we are...
  • Options

I, genuinely, don’t.

• Options

Still not worth 55mil though.
  • Options

So are we for sale for £1:00 or £55 million?

It’s important I know because I could get this done very quickly.

Think you might need a monthly outgoings check, credit’s not as easy to get as it was.. :)
  • Options
    If there is anyone out there willing to buy the club at anywhere near the £55 million they'd need there head testing and they can f@ck right off
  • Options
    If he got the £55m, would that mean the new owner would be debt free and RM etc. would not be owed any dough?
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

How would anybody on here know the figure being asked for is £55m? Maybe he has told one party that to flush them out? Maybe it's a red herring - who knows?

I don’t know, how would you know there was never any due diligence at the beginning of the season?
    how would you know there was?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

Those are all facts.

Unknowns

Discuss.

absolute twaddle
    Which bit ?

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!