Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Oh joy another disquisition from the discombobulated sycophant.
  • Rob said:

Chinese at the training ground recently was a red herring.

I’m not sure what you mean by that. I know they were being shown around in November. I saw pictures and they were being wined and dined. That’s all I know though. I’ve got no idea of the scope of what they were looking at but they were definitely around.
    They were around but they weren't looking to buy the club.
  • cafc999 said:

DOUCHER said:

I have just received a photo of the teams for the valley helpers v club staff match on the pitch at the end of the game in 1992 - it's in a frame and I will be hanging it up but if the museum would like a scanned copy I can upload it onto here or pop a copy into the museum - is it open on match days? If so, what time and how do you get to it? If not open is there a letterbox? If wanted let me know - proper Charlton picture

@DOUCHER please email a copy to the museum via cafchistorian@gmail.com
    Thanks although I might as well put it on here if I'm going to do that - can be downloaded for the museum then and people who don't go to the museum can see it as well - if they want - will do it next week.
  • JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

I agree to an extent RCT but if somebody with money - forever he or whoever - had turned up at the valley before we left for selhurst - that whole episode wouldn't have happened - and that was far more depressing than this situation - think people need to cheer up - got a good loan in, another striker likely, hated owner selling and we r 6th and re grouping for a promotion push - it's all down to what u want to believe at the moment anc my glass is half full

We were top 6 in championship (div2) and promoted to Div1 at selhurst mate, this is worse.
    In your opinion
    Of course it's his opinion. You don't need to write 'in my opinion' every time you post.

Do you?

Oh.

Of course it's his opinion. You don't need to write 'in my opinion' every time you post, in my opinion.
    clever
  • Of course it is, if Katrien Meire and Thomas Driesen are anything to go by.
  • Rob said:

I’m not sure what you mean by that. I know they were being shown around in November. I saw pictures and they were being wined and dined. That’s all I know though. I’ve got no idea of the scope of what they were looking at but they were definitely around.
    What were they doing there then?
  • Rob said:

Guests of Steve Gallen, who we always knew had shown them round, which was odd if it was a potential bidder. Gallen was based in Hong Kong in 2016, which may be the connection.
  • J BLOCK said:

Just a takeaway delivery - nothing to see here
    Yeah, apparently they were asked for a number 55 takeaway with all the trimmings included
  • DOUCHER said:

cafc999 said:

DOUCHER said:

I have just received a photo of the teams for the valley helpers v club staff match on the pitch at the end of the game in 1992 - it's in a frame and I will be hanging it up but if the museum would like a scanned copy I can upload it onto here or pop a copy into the museum - is it open on match days? If so, what time and how do you get to it? If not open is there a letterbox? If wanted let me know - proper Charlton picture

@DOUCHER please email a copy to the museum via cafchistorian@gmail.com
    Thanks although I might as well put it on here if I'm going to do that - can be downloaded for the museum then and people who don't go to the museum can see it as well - if they want - will do it next week.
    No problem
  • Rob said:

Looking to sponsor a billboard
  • Sponsored links:

• Rob said:

Guests of Steve Gallen, who we always knew had shown them round, which was odd if it was a potential bidder. Gallen was based in Hong Kong in 2016, which may be the connection.
    Cheers Airman.
  • Rob said:

• Were these the 2 spotted being picked up at the Eurostar a couple of weeks back @Airman Brown ?
  • Rob said:

3 Billboards outside of Eltham south London? Could be a movie there somewhere.
  • edited January 2018
    JWADDICK said:

Rob said:

I think that one's by the trenches at the training ground. Something about a flood.
  • JWADDICK said:

Rob said:

Pah, it would never work as a film
  • Rob said:

Ok. I had heard that as well.
  • heard rumours of Jiang Lizhang granada owner and part owner of minnesota timberwolves.

Jiang Lizhang (Chinese: 蒋立章; born October 27, 1981 in Fu'an) is a Chinese businessman who owns Granada CF in Spain's La Liga, having bought a controlling stake for over €37m.[1] He is also a part-owner of the NBA's Minnesota Timberwolves, having bought 5% of the franchise for around €45m.[2][3] He founded Desports in 2004 and sold the sports marketing company in 2015.[4] In addition, he owns 60% of Parma Calcio 1913, having bought his stake in June 2017. In January 2017, he bought 90% of Chongqing Dangdai Lifan F.C..

As of late 2016 he has been working on a takeover of the Belgian second division football club OHL, short for Oud-Heverlee Leuven. [5] This attempt has been met with significant disapproval by the local community and the club's fans as well as local politicians, since the city of Leuven is the biggest stakeholder in the club and owner of the land on which the club's stadium is built.

I'll give him a call and ask.

Edit: He said it's a load of 废话
    That’s easy for you to say!
  • You are all miles out, if we are talking Herring it is the Alaskans you need to be Googling.
  • Roland's envoy.

• Sponsored links:

• Gone quiet on the takeover, no posts for 3 1/2 hours. Is this good or bad?
  • edited January 2018

That’s some serious clobber he’s wearing, and that has to be the most expensive TV remote I’ve ever seen.

• I think a thread killer was posted - sometimes there is nowhere to go even on a thread as stringy as this - what is the record number of posts on a thread?
  • Another week and still no one has made an offer nothing to do with the asking price , if people don’t even make a counter offer
  • edited January 2018
    Erh... Anything to be made from his attempts to takeover a Belgian club?

Edit: Just caught up with the thread, I see I took the bait.
  • Fosu and Page are the only two bought maybe? But I don't think many clubs in league One have actually spent money.

I believe Page was 80 grand and Karl mentioned Fosu was free - but that doesn't rule out a sell on clause.
  • 3blokes said:

Uboat said:

Heard a rumour that the UN might be taking us over.

Knowing our luck it’ll be a real Wrong ‘UN.
    Or Kim Jong Un (who, to be fair, probably has a better grasp of football than Roland)
  • 3blokes said:

Uboat said:

Heard a rumour that the UN might be taking us over.

Knowing our luck it’ll be a real Wrong ‘UN.
    Or Kim Jong Un (who, to be fair, probably has a better grasp of football than Roland)
    20 years hard labour as punishment for performances. Some of the players we've had over the last 4 years deserve it..
  • Are the latest accounts out? Or due?
  • edited January 2018
    @seth plum the financial year end for Charlton Athletic Holdings Ltd is 30 June and those to 30/6/16 were filed on 5th April 2017 according to Companies House. So those to 30/6/17 have to be filed by the end of March 2018 to avoid penalty fines accruing, I believe.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!