Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Still puzzled as to why Dalman has leaked this to a Cardiff journalist or at all.  Surely it damages beyond repair his credibility as Chairman of Cardiff City should the deal fall over and is unlikely to have any pressurising effect on Duchatelet or at least I can’t see how it might. Could possibly encourage other potential buyers to press on more speedily and has it breached an NDA agreement ? 

How do we know he leaked it? Maybe someone else did it to try and force his hand?
    I think I’m right in saying that the journalist said that a Dalman told him.
    Ah ok, I must have missed that,  cheers!
  • edited June 2019
    Fumbluff said:
    I don’t believe he will quash the £68m in full, I never have...
    The debt to Staprix was £61m in 2018. This includes what he paid to buy the club. The confusion may arise because what the CAFC Limited subsidiary owes Baton 2010, its UK parent company, is slightly different.

So if RD received £33m he would have lost £28m plus whatever the financing requirement in 2018/19 has been, in round numbers.

• Fumbluff said:
    The debt to Staprix was £61m in 2018. This includes what he paid to buy the club.

So if RD received £33m he would have lost £28m plus whatever the financing requirement in 2018/19 has been, in round numbers.

how much in interest payments has he received in the time he has owned the club
  • Fumbluff said:
    The debt to Staprix was £61m in 2018. This includes what he paid to buy the club.

He's not received a penny, it's just been added to the debt.
  • edited June 2019
    Fumbluff said:

Well, quite. It will be about £5m in that £61m. But he’s either borrowing that money through Staprix and paying the interest or he’s missing out on the opportunity of investing it elsewhere.

That said, he is effectively charging the club interest on its own purchase price as part of this, which is a nice trick if you can manage it.
  • I don’t buy all this he’s a lunatic, mental etc etc. In my interpretation he is most likely not a nice man, wholly single minded and an extremely tough / difficult negotiatior who has little interest in compromise, and most certainly no interest in what’s best for the club.

Ive no idea if it’s true, but if talk that the club and it’s assets can be acquired free of debt and with clean title as a Championship club for under £40m, then I’m coming round to thinking that that is fair value in this industry.

A Championship club sold 1 player for £15m yesterday.
    £40m to buy something guaranteed to lose you a few million a year ...

If by miracle you get to the Prem take the money and run to relegation , who is making money in the Prem , doesn't Josh Harris want to sell his palace bit because just staying there is not making money with the huge player costs
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Its all starting to sound to good to be true

It probably is. Oh well, another season with the sociopath in charge.
  • seth plum said:
    Image result for male belly dancing gif
    Still can't work out if this is a bloke with a deformed ribcage or a woman with saggy tits? 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2019
    For those asking why the story has come out, here’s a snippet from yesterday’s Sun.

At that point the Welsh end will have chased the story and he will have known the game was up.
    This is how myself & my Bluebird Bestie see it. 
    Which is why, at this moment, we both think we’re going to lose out :-:neutral:
  • Are these figure roughly correct?

Asking price = £35m to £40m
    Plus debt to be paid to ex directors = £7m
    Debt to be quashed by Strapix (RD) = £68m

33 + 7 to Directors = 40
  • Just my  view (I am not, in any way, in the know), but I think the Aussies have been looking for a way out (WITHOUT LOSING FACE!) for some time now.

Probably, the consortium fell apart after first doing due diligence, not because of price, but the actual day-to-day costs of running a professional football club.

They don't want to be seen as the bad guys. (What was the name of Muir's electrical company again???) So, they have been presenting continuous "problems" over the last 2 years. (Whether that be the make-up of the consortium, "failing to provide documents to the EFL", the decor in the board room, whether the pitch is South facing, blah, blah, blah...) That way, they can prepare a nice statement, explaining why they are walking away, making it seem they are such a nice bunch, and it was circumstances that made them walk away, rather than a lack of will or resources...

If they are Two Chalets preferred bidder, all other potential purchasers are probably being told by LDV, Two Chalets, or somebody else we don't know about, that they will have to wait to see if the Aussies can actually get a deal across the line...

This may just be Mehmet's attempt to say "Sh1t, or get off the pot"...
  • 1715, The Old Dock in Liverpool becomes the first commercial dock in the world.
  • edited June 2019
    I have contacts in the the spiritual realms - it happens Tuesday 
  • edited June 2019
  • Tomorrow should be a busy day right?  Bowyers supposed contract deadline topped with the Welsh journalist saying “48 hours”.
  • I am just going for a leak
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    Fumbluff said:
    If we sell for £40m
    £7m goes to Directors
    then wouldn't it be £35m he'd have to just let go of? Not £68m.

It's not often I'm close... But on this one I was #winning
  • I am just going for a leak
    Might as well make it a long one. Nothing happening here. Think you'll have many leaks before this is resolved.
  • seth plum said:
    Still can't work out if this is a bloke with a deformed ribcage or a woman with saggy tits? 

Think it's a bloke, but these days who knows?
  • seth plum said:
    would ya?
  • @PaulAbbandonato Have spoken to Mehmet Dalman this morning about his @CardiffCityFC future & the @CAFCofficial takeover talk. Full story to appear on @WalesOnline shortly

• Oh well . Can’t see anything other than a denial. Never mind  
  • I’ve heard the figure is £37m
    Airman states in his latest VotV blog that the reported sales of CAFC in the £30-37M range do not include substantial payments upon any future promotion or perhaps player sell-on fees. And that the free and clear price is quoted as much higher. No way is RD walking away, writing-off £30-40M in debt now that we are in the Championship when we was unwilling to do so in League One.
    wouldn't that come under third party ownership which isn't allowed over here?
    Because Duchatelet made about 10 million from Batshuayi's second transfer after leaving Standard, from Marseille to Chelsea for 33 million I firmly believe that he assumed the same practice happened in England  as we are all in the EU ( at the moment) Roland either doesn't read the small print on contracts and the Rules of  English football or his Lawyers don't pass on the info. That's why we are having the Ex director loan fiasco and Duchatelet being surprised about the Fair play rules being altered.

Any business man who doesn't do DD because the asking price is low (when RD purchased Cafc for a song) is going to get a lorry loads of trouble down the road.

This is what's come to fruition and why everyone is so frustrated.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!