Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I’ve heard the figure is £37m
    Perfectly reasonable for us is true 
    That might be £33 plus a guess at what the Directors’ loans are costing to settle?
    Airman states in his latest VotV blog that the reported sales of CAFC in the £30-37M range do not include substantial payments upon any future promotion or perhaps player sell-on fees. And that the free and clear price is quoted as much higher. No way is RD walking away, writing-off £30-40M in debt now that we are in the Championship when we was unwilling to do so in League One.
    Airman states in his latest VotV blog that the reported sales of CAFC in the £30-37M range do not include substantial payments upon any future promotion or perhaps player sell-on fees. And that the free and clear price is quoted as much higher. No way is RD walking away, writing-off £30-40M in debt now that we are in the Championship when we was unwilling to do so in League One.
    FFS.....my head is about to explode!!!
  • Nothing is developing here though is it. It is just a face and a name to a story we already knew about. A story that has not gone anywhere for a few months.
    I guess Dalman is going to have to comment on this publicly pretty soon if for no other reason than to clarify his plans with Vincent Tan at Cardiff.
  • Got a twelve hour shift ahead of me with no access to CL. What are the odds I finish my shift to find that the club has been sold AND Bowyer has signed a new contract? 
  • Got a twelve hour shift ahead of me with no access to CL. What are the odds I finish my shift to find that the club has been sold AND Bowyer has signed a new contract? 
    Not very good sadly.
  • Nothing is developing here though is it. It is just a face and a name to a story we already knew about. A story that has not gone anywhere for a few months.
    I guess Dalman is going to have to comment on this publicly pretty soon if for no other reason than to clarify his plans with Vincent Tan at Cardiff.
    Makes his position at Cardiff very difficult?
  • Sponsored links:

• Got a twelve hour shift ahead of me with no access to CL. What are the odds I finish my shift to find that the club has been sold AND Bowyer has signed a new

Slim i'd imagine
    Norfolk Enchance 
    That doesn't have to be a public matter, they are pals, Tan probably already knows more then we do. 
  • The only glimmer of hope I can see is that RD's unknown mental state means that he's just as likely to, all of a sudden, complete on a deal, as he is to continue to mess about (assuming it has always been all down to him messing about).
    This has to be true - he acts on impulse and we have seen that on a number of occasions when nudged. Probably part of his condition but it has to give us some hope.
  • Other interested parties is a bit of a worry.

Does that just not mean that Roland will wait and wait and wait for the elusive unicorn that meets his ever changing demands?
  • Other interested parties is a bit of a worry.

Does that just not mean that Roland will wait and wait and wait for the elusive unicorn that meets his ever changing demands?

• 1711, John  Shore invents the timing fork.
    What’s a timing, and why do you need a fork to eat it?
  • Like the Zabeel saga, waved about in front of my face then whipped away. I suspect this will go nowhere with Dalman. Roland is just too stubborn it seems.
  • Sponsored links:

• A club is only worth what someone will pay for it. Seems D has an inflated value of our worth. I am feeling positive for 2 signatures this week 
  • 1712, Peter the Great changes the capital of Moscow to St. Petersburg.
  • clb74 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Airman has confirmed that there is no shortage of potential buyers. Nobody is buying because Roland wants too much. So this is just more of the same crap. Are we supposed to forget he wants too much or assume an even bigger idiot than him wants to buy us at £60m?
    Sum is close to the £33m plus directors loans Muttley. Same for this Cardiff fella. It was more (nearer Airman’s £45m) but Roly reduced it (the selling his shares for £1 business). Roland wants out, and much of it is down to the protests which have really got to him. 
    Dalman seems like he means business, but he’ll probably discover all the crap that Gerard discovered, and it’s a question of whether or not it puts him off, I imagine. How it could happen quickly I have no idea, but we live in hope. 
    I don't think this fella will be messing about for 2 years James
    We shouldn't blame the Aussies for hanging about - we should praise them for it. If the price Duchatelet was asking for was completely unrealistic and they knew no-one else was going to pay it, why not wait for the price to drop? That is what appears to have happened. I'd rather new owners only pay what the deal is worth so that they have more money available to run the club. I don't believe for a minute that they will spend £40m acquiring the club and then be unable to develop it or run it for long enough before running out of funds.
    Which seems reasonable enough, what doesn't seem reasonable, is filing papers whilst still searching for funds to complete the deal.
  • Hey, two more for team #OWWSOWP. Momentum building.
  • @happyvalley you’re just not putting the hours in to get this right anymore.
    I think questions are now being asked about your commitment hence your non-appearance in the thank-you’s thread despite all this educationalism what you’ve been giving us (mostly) at the top of each page....
  • clb74 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Airman has confirmed that there is no shortage of potential buyers. Nobody is buying because Roland wants too much. So this is just more of the same crap. Are we supposed to forget he wants too much or assume an even bigger idiot than him wants to buy us at £60m?
    Sum is close to the £33m plus directors loans Muttley. Same for this Cardiff fella. It was more (nearer Airman’s £45m) but Roly reduced it (the selling his shares for £1 business). Roland wants out, and much of it is down to the protests which have really got to him. 
    Dalman seems like he means business, but he’ll probably discover all the crap that Gerard discovered, and it’s a question of whether or not it puts him off, I imagine. How it could happen quickly I have no idea, but we live in hope. 
    We shouldn't blame the Aussies for hanging about - we should praise them for it. If the price Duchatelet was asking for was completely unrealistic and they knew no-one else was going to pay it, why not wait for the price to drop? That is what appears to have happened. I'd rather new owners only pay what the deal is worth so that they have more money available to run the club. I don't believe for a minute that they will spend £40m acquiring the club and then be unable to develop it or run it for long enough before running out of funds.
    Which seems reasonable enough, what doesn't seem reasonable, is filing papers whilst still searching for funds to complete the deal.
    If that was true.  Remember who told us that.
  • clb74 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    I also heard it from someone else, who I trust quite a lot and would probably be in a position to know.

I believe it to be, everyone else is of course free to come to their own conclusions.
  • clb74 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    I also heard it from someone else, who I trust quite a lot and would probably be in a position to know.

I believe it to be, everyone else is of course free to come to their own conclusions.
    Indeed you are.

I think they did submit some paperwork to the EFL.

But don't believe that the hold up was just the need to submit more, especially as they now, when price has dropped, are now moving.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!