Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• How complicated can it be James ? They’ve agreed a price / they are buying a football club - it’s difficult to comprehend what other crap Gerard might have found ? - I’m not doubting you btw - but I can’t understand what it might have been 
  • Vinnie V. said:
    Wikipedia already shows dalman as owner of cafc. 
    Not any more. Back to RD 😢
  • Talal said:
    JamesSeed said:
    GM seemed quite unruffled. 
    Who? 
    Gerard Murphy? 
    Who?
  • JamesSeed said:
    J BLOCK said:
    If true that he now wants 33Mill plus director loans, that seems reasonable for a club like us, given the league/facilitators/youth set up/fan base - Big Big If though 
    So you think that our club is worth £40m. Are you sure? 
    It’s only worth what someone’ll pay for it. 
    Yay! Another one for team #OWWSOWP. Think that makes two of us?
  • Signing out for the day. Never read so many posts for ages. I'm sure same again tmrw!! 
  • Calm down everyone and just think about how excited CL was this time last year.

It's new season ticket application time again. That's the reason this has come out now and how many bought them last year cos they thought Roland was going?
    You having a laugh telly.
    Loads have already bought season tickets
  • Calm down everyone and just think about how excited CL was this time last year.

It's new season ticket application time again. That's the reason this has come out now and how many bought them last year cos they thought Roland was going?
    Possibly but the news first broke in a Welsh paper which suggests it wasn’t leaked by RD.
    And poor Airman is smarting at being publicly scooped by a Welsh regional. Yet he's had the name for a while it seems. So why does it break now from the Welsh end? Close or impasse or mischief? Who knows??
  • clb74 said:
    Calm down everyone and just think about how excited CL was this time last year.

You having a laugh telly.
    Loads have already bought season tickets
    😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Why have it seems so many people been sitting on this until today. What’s the significance of it coming into the public domain today ? Who do we think authorised it’s release

The journalist who broke the story said that it came from Dalman himself. Not sure of the significance of the timing though!
  • Talal said:
    JamesSeed said:
    GM seemed quite unruffled. 
    Who? 
    Gerard Murphy? 
    Who?
    Part of the Aussie lot (I think) 
  • CafcSCP said:
    Vinnie V. said:
    That was quick. I looked about ten minutes ago! I looked him up not Charlton. 
  • It now says he's owner of cafc at the top. Under title it says owner of the Nigel's! 
  • Why have it seems so many people been sitting on this until today. What’s the significance of it coming into the public domain today ? Who do we think authorised it’s release

The journalist who broke the story said that it came from Dalman himself. Not sure of the significance of the timing though!

Doesn't  NDA kick in  ?
  • Still amazed when I see ‘google’ or ‘Wikipedia says he’s our new owner’ posts in 2019, do people think the internet has some kind of magical power to see the future? 
    What- you can amend the internet? Mind blown.
  • Sponsored links:

• The reporter breaking the story reckons it is 40/60 against it going through at the moment.

at a guess it might be linked to the Bowyer story trying to force things through but 

comments on one forum said something like “a little while ago he couldn’t get a single positive comment but new he’s leaving he’s a god” so sounds like he’s not necessarily the messiah...but is he a naughty boy???

• JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Airman has confirmed that there is no shortage of potential buyers. Nobody is buying because Roland wants too much. So this is just more of the same crap. Are we supposed to forget he wants too much or assume an even bigger idiot than him wants to buy us at £60m?
    Sum is close to the £33m plus directors loans Muttley. Same for this Cardiff fella. It was more (nearer Airman’s £45m) but Roly reduced it (the selling his shares for £1 business). Roland wants out, and much of it is down to the protests which have really got to him. 
    Dalman seems like he means business, but he’ll probably discover all the crap that Gerard discovered, and it’s a question of whether or not it puts him off, I imagine. How it could happen quickly I have no idea, but we live in hope. 
    If he’s been involved for months and has done due diligence , he must know by now all the complications . 
    Maybe. Let’s hope so, eh. (Sorry Gezza).
    But what about your padded seat in the director's box James?
  • edited June 2019
    Why have it seems so many people been sitting on this until today. What’s the significance of it coming into the public domain today ? Who do we think authorised it’s release

Similarity then to the story in the Standard a month or so back when a potential buyer said they were offering £30m. It is designed to put pressure on the old mad man to sell, but he is deranged and has convinced himself we are worth what he is asking. Not such a hard thing to do given other crap he has convinced himself about. He will only get more and more demented. I feel guilty slagging him off in a way because he clearly has mental health issues!
  • CafcSCP said:
    Vinnie V. said:
    "This article is semi-protected until June 26th 16:05 due to vandalism" 
  • "Dalman spent a year at Crystal Palace in his younger days before choosing education over football"

• "Dalman spent a year at Crystal Palace in his younger days before choosing education over football"

Fucking BOOOOO
  • Bored now.

Fucking BOOOOO
    Sorry, won't do it again.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!