Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Calm down everyone and just think about how excited CL was this time last year.

It's new season ticket application time again. That's the reason this has come out now and how many bought them last year cos they thought Roland was going?
    Except that’s not true. Yes I agree we shouldn’t get too excited but the interest is genuine and seems to have been leaked at Dalmans end. Of course Roland’s price is an issue and personally I don’t think we will be taken over until January at the earliest. 
  • clb74 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Airman has confirmed that there is no shortage of potential buyers. Nobody is buying because Roland wants too much. So this is just more of the same crap. Are we supposed to forget he wants too much or assume an even bigger idiot than him wants to buy us at £60m?
    Sum is close to the £33m plus directors loans Muttley. Same for this Cardiff fella. It was more (nearer Airman’s £45m) but Roly reduced it (the selling his shares for £1 business). Roland wants out, and much of it is down to the protests which have really got to him. 
    Dalman seems like he means business, but he’ll probably discover all the crap that Gerard discovered, and it’s a question of whether or not it puts him off, I imagine. How it could happen quickly I have no idea, but we live in hope. 
    I don't think this fella will be messing about for 2 years James
    We shouldn't blame the Aussies for hanging about - we should praise them for it. If the price Duchatelet was asking for was completely unrealistic and they knew no-one else was going to pay it, why not wait for the price to drop? That is what appears to have happened. I'd rather new owners only pay what the deal is worth so that they have more money available to run the club. I don't believe for a minute that they will spend £40m acquiring the club and then be unable to develop it or run it for long enough before running out of funds.
    Which seems reasonable enough, what doesn't seem reasonable, is filing papers whilst still searching for funds to complete the deal.
    Where did you get that info from? Lieven.
    i.e. Roland. 

One of the problems was Roland was supposed to have sorted the directors’ loans. NLA always knew that he hadn’t. 
  • Scoham said:
    So it says that he has seen our financial situation in that article. Does this mean there are no question marks from Dalmans end and it is now up to Roland to settle with a fee or is there still other stumbling blocks? 
  • Mail also saying that Duchatelet wants all the money up front and that this may prove the stumbling block.
  • 1712, Peter the Great changes the capital of Moscow to St. Petersburg.
    Make that the capital of Russia from Moscow to St Petersburg, which was of course later changed to Leningrad - then back to St Petersburg - confusing eh? Oh those Russians!
  • Well ........ I'm glad I stayed up all night to catch up on this.
  • I was in Gibraltar this week, it’s just like Margate. Very disappointing (although the rock etc. was nice)
  • Fumbluff said:
    I was in Gibraltar this week, it’s just like Margate. Very disappointing (although the rock etc. was nice)
    That is to try and convince the Spanish that they do not have rights over the Island.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:
    Fumbluff said:
    I was in Gibraltar this week, it’s just like Margate. Very disappointing (although the rock etc. was nice)
    That is to try and convince the Spanish that they do not have rights over the Island.
    With the risk of being wooooshed Gibraltar is not an island 
  • I’ve heard the figure is £37m
    Airman states in his latest VotV blog that the reported sales of CAFC in the £30-37M range do not include substantial payments upon any future promotion or perhaps player sell-on fees. And that the free and clear price is quoted as much higher. No way is RD walking away, writing-off £30-40M in debt now that we are in the Championship when we was unwilling to do so in League One.
    wouldn't that come under third party ownership which isn't allowed over here?
  • I don't doubt Dalman is interested but concluding a deal with RD seems nigh on impossible.
  • I also feel strangely positive about all this, old enough to know that it can all fall down at anytime but this feels different. 

A proper football man, knows what it takes to run a club and wants to go out on his own so has a point to prove!

We could really establish ourselves and go for it.
  • Its all starting to sound to good to be true
  • My problem is, forget the buyer, but there seems to be one major obstacle every time. As far as I can see, there has been no mention of said obstacle being removed. We have absolutely no reason to be optimistic.
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Redrobo said:
    Fumbluff said:
    With the risk of being wooooshed Gibraltar is not an island 
    If Pompey's an island, Gib can be too 
  • JamesSeed said:
    clb74 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Airman has confirmed that there is no shortage of potential buyers. Nobody is buying because Roland wants too much. So this is just more of the same crap. Are we supposed to forget he wants too much or assume an even bigger idiot than him wants to buy us at £60m?
    Sum is close to the £33m plus directors loans Muttley. Same for this Cardiff fella. It was more (nearer Airman’s £45m) but Roly reduced it (the selling his shares for £1 business). Roland wants out, and much of it is down to the protests which have really got to him. 
    Dalman seems like he means business, but he’ll probably discover all the crap that Gerard discovered, and it’s a question of whether or not it puts him off, I imagine. How it could happen quickly I have no idea, but we live in hope. 
    We shouldn't blame the Aussies for hanging about - we should praise them for it. If the price Duchatelet was asking for was completely unrealistic and they knew no-one else was going to pay it, why not wait for the price to drop? That is what appears to have happened. I'd rather new owners only pay what the deal is worth so that they have more money available to run the club. I don't believe for a minute that they will spend £40m acquiring the club and then be unable to develop it or run it for long enough before running out of funds.
    Which seems reasonable enough, what doesn't seem reasonable, is filing papers whilst still searching for funds to complete the deal.
    Where did you get that info from? Lieven.
    i.e. Roland. 

One of the problems was Roland was supposed to have sorted the directors’ loans. NLA always knew that he hadn’t. 
    Nope,thats not where I got the info, infact I don't think LDT has ever mentioned a failure to produce funds, has he?
  • clb74 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    If that was true.  Remember who told us that.
    I also heard it from someone else, who I trust quite a lot and would probably be in a position to know.

I believe it to be, everyone else is of course free to come to their own conclusions.
    Indeed you are.

I think they did submit some paperwork to the EFL.

But don't believe that the hold up was just the need to submit more, especially as they now, when price has dropped, are now moving.
    I didn't say the problem was filing more paperwork, I believe the problem was a lack of funds to complete the deal, which is why They were still looking for investors.
  • Sponsored links:

• Vinnie V. said:
    How much is he worth? After a quite a while of trawling the internet all I could find was 253 million on a site that looked almost entirely like bullshit. Anyone else have a figure?
    You've got to remember that people with a lot of money tend to keep it very private - unless they want to brag about it - i.e the Sunday Times Rich List only publishes details of wealth based on publicly known documents. 

If he wanted to keep it private, and hold a majority of his money in trusts and other such vehicles in offshore accounts it is very easy to hide your actual net worth.

I personally think with his status and reputation he will be good for Charlton, and don't really give a monkeys about exactly how much he has got in the bank. RD is minted, and look what he done to the club - large sums of money isn't everything, especially if they don't invest it.
  • My problem is, forget the buyer, but there seems to be one major obstacle every time. As far as I can see, there has been no mention of said obstacle being removed. We have absolutely no reason to be optimistic.
    Is that the loans to Charlton in RD’s company’s books which if not repaid in full including any accrued interest would presumably realise a loss for the difference ? How much are they now, any idea ? Would it have a noticeable impact on the company that has given the loans ?
  • edited June 2019
    My problem is, forget the buyer, but there seems to be one major obstacle every time. As far as I can see, there has been no mention of said obstacle being removed. We have absolutely no reason to be optimistic.
    Is that the loans to Charlton in RD’s company’s books which if not repaid in full including any accrued interest would presumably realise a loss for the difference ? How much are they now, any idea ? Would it have a noticeable impact on the company that has given the loans ?
    No, the obstacle is Roland. Who cares what losses Staprix might incur after a sale of one of it's only assets (Baton, which in turn owns CAFC Holdings), that's for Roland to live with as he owns 90% of Staprix.
  • I suspect the reason for delays in the sale, is attached conditions to the contract of sale.

Such as, that RD wants his (or most) of money back, once (if) are promoted to the Premier Division.

Which reportedly the  65 million pounds lost over the course of his ownership.

Promotion has given him the opportunity to play prospective buyers against each other, to drive up the price.
  • I don’t buy all this he’s a lunatic, mental etc etc. In my interpretation he is most likely not a nice man, wholly single minded and an extremely tough / difficult negotiatior who has little interest in compromise, and most certainly no interest in what’s best for the club.

Ive no idea if it’s true, but if talk that the club and it’s assets can be acquired free of debt and with clean title as a Championship club for under £40m, then I’m coming round to thinking that that is fair value in this industry.

A Championship club sold 1 player for £15m yesterday.
    What is the likelihood of the £40M number being accurate? I think I’m right in saying we’ve heard numbers ranging from £1 - £70M.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!