Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Two or Three months ago Cafc was the escape route for Dalman, who wanted to try being the main man at the valley and escape from the tragedy of Sala. 

As we all realize once Duchatelet who is omnipresent like the devil despite being seen about the same amount of times as Haley's comet comes into the equation everything goes tits up.

The hero from the Welsh hills was just another mirage.
  • Lurker said:
    I honestly think RD will be here til he kicks the bucket. 
    Agree. He is taking the piss out of us and is certainly getting his revenge for the protests. 
  • sam3110 said:
    To me it reads more like a I"can't say anything about it so I'm going to say what Cardiff wants to hear for now" statement.

Doesn't mean it's dead, just means he's a diplomatic person who realises everything he says from now on will be under intense scrutiny so until he becomes our owner (if that happens at all) he is 100% committed to the people that currently employ him

Seriously?

If that's not a statement of definite intent to remain at Cardiff I don't know what is.

It isn't going to happen. We're doomed, doomed, doomed.

• To the contrary @WestCountryAddick
    id say if you were to take over a club you’d want it to have as few existing financial commitments as possible as it gives you a better ability to implement your budget how you would want to and not be penalised (like we have in recent years) of having the likes of Sarr, Vetokele, Texteira etc on overinflated contracts
    True, but that doesn't change the fact that we should still be valued at the lower end due to many of our players being able to walk in a few weeks time, and if I were to be purchasing a club in this predicament (or any business that is losing a chunk of it's assets), it's certainly something I would use as a bargaining tool.
  • 1718, France declare war on Spain.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2019
    It doesn't seem unreasonable for RD to want all his money upfront.  If Dalman is going to fund losses of even £6m per year on a five year plan (current budget) he needs a war chest of at least £70m (£6m x 5 +£33m +£7m), to make us anything aother than relegation fodder would need £100m and £200m to challenge for Premiership.  If he hasn't accessed that money yet he should walk away or it will be Spivs Mk II.
  • If Dalman doesn't stay at Cardiff after that statement he'll look like a right Judas.
  • Lurker said:
    I honestly think RD will be here til he kicks the bucket. 
    Upon which time we'll find he's left the entire club and its assets to a rural Belgian cattery.
  • bobmunro said:
    Swisdom said:
    He has said what anyone else would say if they were in the position of "I am applying for a job but don't want my boss to know just yet"

"At this moment in time..." is a classic deflector.  No denial - just move on to the next topic.

Cardiff can't keep him there if he want's to go but similarly they can't appear to give him carte blanche to go and do what he wants.

No change for me - this is still bubbling away...though not quick enough for my liking

I would agree with that. It is a cleverly worded political statement.

"I expect to be at Cardiff next season" is another way of saying "I'll be off if I can get the deal done but expect it to fail".

I agree with that statement and that's what worries me
  • Sponsored links:

• Ferryman said:
    If Dalman doesn't stay at Cardiff after that statement he'll look like a right Judas.

I doubt whether that would worry him....
  • Tan, the colour blind owner of Cardiff, will surely asked Mehmet Dalman to step down as you can't say your totally committed to Cardiff when just a few months before you have made a bid for another club, who now are in the same division of you ?

Now that would be weird !
  • Mehmet Dalman use to head up the investment bank at Commerzbank, and from what I've heard from people who were working there at the time a thoroughly unpleasant person 
  • 1718, France declare war on Spain.
    Sick of this as well

It beats the fish puns to be fair!
  • addick05 said:
    sam3110 said:
    To me it reads more like a I"can't say anything about it so I'm going to say what Cardiff wants to hear for now" statement.

Doesn't mean it's dead, just means he's a diplomatic person who realises everything he says from now on will be under intense scrutiny so until he becomes our owner (if that happens at all) he is 100% committed to the people that currently employ him

Seriously?

If that's not a statement of definite intent to remain at Cardiff I don't know what is.

It isn't going to happen. We're doomed, doomed, doomed.

Seriously? How about "fans can rest assured that I will be at Cardiff this season and I have no idea where this Charlton story has come from or what it is about"?

• Another load of old bollox then 
  • To the contrary @WestCountryAddick
    id say if you were to take over a club you’d want it to have as few existing financial commitments as possible as it gives you a better ability to implement your budget how you would want to and not be penalised (like we have in recent years) of having the likes of Sarr, Vetokele, Texteira etc on overinflated contracts
    True, but that doesn't change the fact that we should still be valued at the lower end due to many of our players being able to walk in a few weeks time, and if I were to be purchasing a club in this predicament (or any business that is losing a chunk of it's assets), it's certainly something I would use as a bargaining tool.
    I agree totally with @AFKABartram if you take the emotional attachment away from it.  If every player that was contracted to us last season had 2 years to run the playing assets would be slightly bigger than they are now, the the liability would be much higher.  
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!