Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• And meanwhile, we have stopped talking about Bowyer!
  • Isn't there a declared desire by Douchatelet to have the club sold by the financial year end I.e 30th June?. If this is not now happening then surely no one else is going to get it over the line in 2 weeks.
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Good god are we seriously highlighting words and taking positives from that article, move on people.
    Where was I "positive"? I just pointed out that the dude was being pretty qualified in his comments.

It's like saying "I'm sorry you feel offended". That's not an apology much in the same way as Dalman is not categorically ruling things out, is all we're saying.
    The dude is staying at Cardiff mate.
  • Well Bow isn't going to Brom at least. 
  • My fear now is we get to the 28th of June, the last working day of the month and the "British" group come out of nowhere and complete.  I also suspect that they will have no problem with the ELF, as they have already passed the test.

If my fear is correct we will want RD back by the end of July!
  • If we are not sold by June 30th We need to turn the pressure on RD massively as much as we can.

Enough is enough. So many interested parties and RD is just playing hardball. It's about time we did too, all of us as one.
    By boycotting and not buying season tickets? Not enough want change enough for that as we have seen. 
  • Sponsored links:

• kentred2 said:
    If we are not sold by June 30th We need to turn the pressure on RD massively as much as we can.

Enough is enough. So many interested parties and RD is just playing hardball. It's about time we did too, all of us as one.
    By boycotting and not buying season tickets? Not enough want change enough for that as we have seen. 
    No, I don't mean not going. I mean protests(not stopping the game) Protests Here, Belgium anywhere that hurts him. Sticking it right on LDT in fans forum I mean cranking this all up to a whole new level.
  • Just to clarify with the straw clutchers, the Welsh journo who interviewed him this morning tweeted saying “it’s fab news for bluebirds I think”
  • edited June 2019
    Doesn’t actually seem like a complete denial to me, if it was truly dead he wouldn’t have a problem mentioning it. 
    "Right at this moment in time I'm really focused on preparing for the new season with Cardiff. I don't want to let Neil down. We have a job to do here at Cardiff and we intend to give it a right old go for promotion."

"Vincent, Ken, Neil and myself are on the same wavelength and pull in the same direction. The four of us work well. I don't want to rock the boat at the moment."

"Provided Vincent, Ken, Neil and myself are united, which we are, then I'm there with Cardiff. I'm not going to get distracted by this talk or anything else. I expect to be here for the season."

Doesn't exactly seem like he'll be leaving does it?
    Well what else is he going to say ?
    1st paragraph is true, even if he left next week.
    Ditto 2nd paragraph.
    3rd paragraph, he might expect to remain, because he's waiting for RD to drop the price.
    If a price is agreed he could be off asap, if that's what's right for him.
  • Having read that statement I got 2 things in mine?  1) What happened to the NDA's that were signed? So why has this come out now?  However, without naming names Roland has talked about the Aussies. In his view talking about loans and thanking RM etc for their co=operation. I am interpreting this with the Cardiff Chairman as  non Denial. He didn't deny it and put it completely to bed. Maybe he has come forward after RD going publicly with (the Aussies(. He uses words such as "As this moment in time". makes reference to the Cardiff structure and been there for 7yrs". and said it has stalled (not collapsed or denied the story).  I think it is stalled because RD is waiting for the Aussies to complete. Aussies rumoured to agreed a price of  £33 million and RS expected Aussies to keep the loans and RD doesn't have to pay the outstanding loans.  Cardiff Chairman is offering £3 million less (no mention of loans maybe he is happy for them to remain there) so RD has not ruled him out completely yet, but RD knowing he is there with his offer is trying to pass on to the Aussies and gey the Aussies to pay and complete. 
  • kentred2 said:
    If we are not sold by June 30th We need to turn the pressure on RD massively as much as we can.

Again, its not about people not wanting change, everone wants him gone, some people need the football in their life to help them.

Also if Roland lost 1 million in ST sales, he would just sell Taylor to make up for 
    But the club would not be in his ownership for too long if they were playing to a near-empty stadium. Sadly, not enough fans wishing to make that sacrifice ( but I recognise any, or no action, is an individuals choice).
  • PeterGage said:
    kentred2 said:

Again, its not about people not wanting change, everone wants him gone, some people need the football in their life to help them.

Also if Roland lost 1 million in ST sales, he would just sell Taylor to make up for 
    But the club would not be in his ownership for too long if they were playing to a near-empty stadium. Sadly, not enough fans wishing to make that sacrifice ( but I recognise any, or no action, is an individuals choice).
    Again, some people need to go football, its not about making a sacrifice.
  • PeterGage said:
    kentred2 said:

Wouldn't matter to RD if the ground was empty.
  • Guarantee that statement would be 100% reversed if it was made to EnglandOnline.

Made purely for the locals and very diplomatic.

• PeterGage said:
    kentred2 said:

Wouldn't matter to RD if the ground was empty.
    He'd fill it with kids and comps in the short term, and reduce the playing budget to compensate
  • Sponsored links:

• Boycotting will make it easy for Roland to justify selling the ground and land for a plastic bowl somewhere off a dual carriage way.
  • Calm down everyone and just think about how excited CL was this time last year.

It's new season ticket application time again. That's the reason this has come out now and how many bought them last year cos they thought Roland was going?
    So it was Roland that leaked this news when he knew it was going nowhere. He's playing fans like a fiddle.
    Yes, the great RD media operation which recently put a CARD statement in full on the club website, referred to fans as "soft terrorists", demanded publicly that the EFL bought the club and routinely publishes statements that fall apart factually within hours has delivered another Machiavellian triumph via a Welsh website. In other news, the moon landings have been exposed as fake just weeks before the 50th anniversary of the first one...
    Indeed, he's a sly old dog.
  • False dawn number 37 incoming.
    Only 10 likes for calling this nice and early.

5 more likes then the opening post of the greatest forum thread in sports entertainment has received though.
  • False dawn number 37 incoming.
    Only 10 likes for calling this nice and early.

5 more likes then the opening post of the greatest forum thread in sports entertainment has received though.
    Until Dalman completes tomorrow :-)

• If RD is offered the price he wants he'll then decide it's too low and raise it...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!