Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• kentred2 said:
    If we are not sold by June 30th We need to turn the pressure on RD massively as much as we can.

Enough is enough. So many interested parties and RD is just playing hardball. It's about time we did too, all of us as one.
    By boycotting and not buying season tickets? Not enough want change enough for that as we have seen. 
    Again, its not about people not wanting change, everone wants him gone, some people need the football in their life to help them.

Also if Roland lost 1 million in ST sales, he would just sell Taylor to make up for it
    He'll be trying to do that anyway. 
  • edited June 2019
    If Roland doesn't do a deal during this transfer window how's he going to get a better offer over the next 18+ months? Our current player budget will probably have us in the relegation zone by Christmas which will have obvious valuation repercussions and on top of that he'll have to cover our ongoing operating loss month on month indefinitely which he must hate.
    However mad/spiteful the old bastard might be he can't want us around his neck like an Albatross indefinitely. 
    If this bothered him he'd have sold up at least 3 years ago.
    ...and if it was to bother everyone, there would be no takers for cafc.
  • If hes still here for next season I think relegation back to L1 is pretty much guaranteed. We will be lucky if we ever claw our way back again.
  • LOCKED ON
  • PAGE 1905 it'll happen.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    This rumour has gone dryer than the popes nuts. Sad really, we are in desperate need of a rescue buyer.
    Little did we know, two years ago this month, when this was posted, that we would still be ruminating on possible consequences of deals, none of which having reached the finishing line. 

So, what has changed in those two years?  Well, seeing that this post by @Dazzler21 was one of only THREE posts in the whole of June 2017, we've all become a lot less reticent about posting stuff.  Even if the thing we choose to post fails to add anything substantive whatsoever to the debate or fails to pass on or develop a further understanding of any of the underlying issues. 

Like this one.  
  • CAFCTrev said:
    If hes still here for next season I think relegation back to L1 is pretty much guaranteed. We will be lucky if we ever claw our way back again.
    There certainly is a fair chance of relegation this season, but to suggest that we will never get back is way over the top.
  • Chizz said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    This rumour has gone dryer than the popes nuts. Sad really, we are in desperate need of a rescue buyer.
    Little did we know, two years ago this month, when this was posted, that we would still be ruminating on possible consequences of deals, none of which having reached the finishing line. 

So, what has changed in those two years?  Well, seeing that this post by @Dazzler21 was one of only THREE posts in the whole of June 2017, we've all become a lot less reticent about posting stuff.  Even if the thing we choose to post fails to add anything substantive whatsoever to the debate or fails to pass on or develop a further understanding of any of the underlying issues. 

Like this one.  
    Dazzler21 said:
    PAGE 1905 it'll happen.
    Agreed
  • Sponsored links:

• 1721, Robert Walpole becomes Britain's first Prime Minister.
  • Everything that Dalman said seemed very PR pushed, apparently he reached out to the journo for the article too. Much like when a favoured manager/ player leaves, the club always makes it appear that they’ve done everything possible to keep him and the one leaving tries to put themselves in the best light possible. There was a pretty big reaction from he Cardiff fans yesterday which I think might’ve just flushed them out to calm them down while the talks continue. It definitely doesn’t seem dead just yet. 

Definitely the impression i got from it
  • edited June 2019
    PeterGage said:
    kentred2 said:
    If we are not sold by June 30th We need to turn the pressure on RD massively as much as we can.

Enough is enough. So many interested parties and RD is just playing hardball. It's about time we did too, all of us as one.
    By boycotting and not buying season tickets? Not enough want change enough for that as we have seen. 
    Again, its not about people not wanting change, everone wants him gone, some people need the football in their life to help them.

Also if Roland lost 1 million in ST sales, he would just sell Taylor to make up for 
    But the club would not be in his ownership for too long if they were playing to a near-empty stadium. Sadly, not enough fans wishing to make that sacrifice ( but I recognise any, or no action, is an individuals choice).
    Wouldn't matter to RD if the ground was empty.
    So why was their an incentive clause in Bowyer contract on crowd numbers?
  • I am not technically a boycotter because I still go to most games, but I am a protester and I haven't got the answers. What I do is spend a lot less on the club and go to a few fewer games and no longer buy a season ticket. It may not be much but it is something. 

My view is in life you have people who try to do something about what is wrong and people who may not like it but don't. They will often say, what is the point, it won't make any difference. Of course in some instances. including our one they may be right. But if the World was full of people who did nothing, they would still be sending kids up chimneys. 

What I will say about Boycotters, and I include Peter in that through gritted teeth as he is a ref, is that I highly respect them because they are making a big sacrifice trying to do SOMETHING. I am trying to do something, but am not in their league or many others in terms of sacrifice. I will always side with people who try to do something. Having said that, the club still needs supporters to go too. It is just these people, including myself, should go and shut up in terms of criticising those that are making a stand by not going. That annoys me beyond anything. 

Duchatelet has to be removed and he will not be removed by people who do nothing. That is for sure! 
    Not clear of your point re boycotting. If boycotters criticise those who attend then it's fair enough to reply to their criticism. 
  • The same kind of alive it was yesterday is the same kind of dead it is today.
  • At this moment in time, Bowyer signing a contract is more important than the takeover IMO, With him, we have every chance of survival on a shoe string budget. Without him, on a shoe string budget..... everyone knows what will happen.
  • What would really be our luck, would be if we were put under a transfer embargo whilst our true buyer completes DD then pulls out just before the end of the transfer window...
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Chizz said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Like this one.  
    Dazzler21 said:
    PAGE 1905 it'll happen.
    Agreed
    Like I said on page 1708.......1905 - it'll happen. Rebirth of our club. Agree 100% - let's have faith.🙏
  • Sponsored links:

• I am not technically a boycotter because I still go to most games, but I am a protester and I haven't got the answers. What I do is spend a lot less on the club and go to a few fewer games and no longer buy a season ticket. It may not be much but it is something. 

My view is in life you have people who try to do something about what is wrong and people who may not like it but don't. They will often say, what is the point, it won't make any difference. Of course in some instances. including our one they may be right. But if the World was full of people who did nothing, they would still be sending kids up chimneys. 

What I will say about Boycotters, and I include Peter in that through gritted teeth as he is a ref, is that I highly respect them because they are making a big sacrifice trying to do SOMETHING. I am trying to do something, but am not in their league or many others in terms of sacrifice. I will always side with people who try to do something. Having said that, the club still needs supporters to go too. It is just these people, including myself, should go and shut up in terms of criticising those that are making a stand by not going. That annoys me beyond anything. 

Duchatelet has to be removed and he will not be removed by people who do nothing. That is for sure! 
    Not clear of your point re boycotting. If boycotters criticise those who attend then it's fair enough to reply to their criticism. 
    My point is that it isn't fair enough to criticise people who are trying to do something. That includes people throwing crisps or pigs on the pitch. Not if your position is to do nothing! 

My point is that it isn't fair enough to criticise people who are trying to do something. That includes people throwing crisps or pigs on the pitch. Not if your position is to do nothing! 
    If boycotters criticise those who attend it's fair enough to respond. This is a discussion forum.

• Don’t think Duchatelet is either mad or vindictive. I do think he’s on the spectrum somewhere and has significant personality issues. I think he’s obsessive and probably very difficult to persuade once he’s made his mind up. Doesn’t easily see other points of view and sees being proved right and not wrong as very important. 

Genuinely think he wants to sell but still obsesses that he’s right and can’t understand what the problems are.

personally I think we’re stuck with him. 
  • edited June 2019
    Probably no change regarding a deal being alive or dead today from what it was months ago, the difference is, we now know it's neither alive or dead
  • Schrodingers deal
    Very good.  And RD defies the standard model of negotiation, so even more of an apt statement 
  • CAFCDB said:
    Don't think the deals dead in the water... He wouldn't exactly go to Cardiff press and say "Yes I am buying Charlton, I can't wait to leave this place" statement was fair for the situation and couldn't expect much else 
    He could have said nothing?
  • PeterGage said:
    kentred2 said:

Also if Roland lost 1 million in ST sales, he would just sell Taylor to make up for 
    But the club would not be in his ownership for too long if they were playing to a near-empty stadium. Sadly, not enough fans wishing to make that sacrifice ( but I recognise any, or no action, is an individuals choice).
    Again, some people need to go football, its not about making a sacrifice.
    That’s why it’s called a sacrifice ! 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    What would really be our luck, would be if we were put under a transfer embargo whilst our true buyer completes DD then pulls out just before the end of the transfer window...
    Roland would view that as a positive though... 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!