Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Everyone is getting so caught up in this that no one seems to be talking about the fact Bowyer still hasn’t signed a contract 
    I assumed it was taking so long cos there was something going on behind the scenes. 
  • Options
    1722,The Brown Bess flintlock musket enters into service of the British army.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Airman has confirmed that there is no shortage of potential buyers. Nobody is buying because Roland wants too much. So this is just more of the same crap. Are we supposed to forget he wants too much or assume an even bigger idiot than him wants to buy us at £60m?
    Sum is close to the £33m plus directors loans Muttley. Same for this Cardiff fella. It was more (nearer Airman’s £45m) but Roly reduced it (the selling his shares for £1 business). Roland wants out, and much of it is down to the protests which have really got to him. 
    Dalman seems like he means business, but he’ll probably discover all the crap that Gerard discovered, and it’s a question of whether or not it puts him off, I imagine. How it could happen quickly I have no idea, but we live in hope. 
    I don't think this fella will be messing about for 2 years James
    We shouldn't blame the Aussies for hanging about - we should praise them for it. If the price Duchatelet was asking for was completely unrealistic and they knew no-one else was going to pay it, why not wait for the price to drop? That is what appears to have happened. I'd rather new owners only pay what the deal is worth so that they have more money available to run the club. I don't believe for a minute that they will spend £40m acquiring the club and then be unable to develop it or run it for long enough before running out of funds.
    Sorry I don't buy that, especially as it's not an individual and the make up of the consortium seems to have changed during the period.

The idea that someone would try to buy a club, and then deliberately wait 2 years to get the price to come down is bizarre. If that was the case, why haven't the Aussies been linked with other clubs? If the Aussies were quoted an unacceptable price to buy us, surely the logical thing would be to say "goodbye drongo" and look elsewhere, not wait 2 years...
    Well they haven't gone after anyone else and are still here. Maybe they really want to buy us.
    But why? If they had the funds lined up a year or so, why not cut your losses and buy someone else instead? I don't get what's so special about us that they would be prepared to wait and wait and wait...
    Maybe a key criteria for them is a London club - who knows! Maybe they know the old loon won't sell to anybody else at the price he is asking and they are happy to play the long game as they have done the miles in relation to us! Maybe the long game is proving to be a bit longer than they thought :)
  • Options
    CAFCDB said:
    Don't think the deals dead in the water... He wouldn't exactly go to Cardiff press and say "Yes I am buying Charlton, I can't wait to leave this place" statement was fair for the situation and couldn't expect much else 
    He could have said nothing?
    Makes his position at Cardiff look better by giving this statement though. So if nothing comes of his offer for us he can go back there and just carry on. 
  • Options
    All the "in the knowers " are doing the rounds again!
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    If hes still here for next season I think relegation back to L1 is pretty much guaranteed. We will be lucky if we ever claw our way back again.
    There certainly is a fair chance of relegation this season, but to suggest that we will never get back is way over the top.
    Agreed, we won promotion under Roland so miracles can happen. 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Airman has confirmed that there is no shortage of potential buyers. Nobody is buying because Roland wants too much. So this is just more of the same crap. Are we supposed to forget he wants too much or assume an even bigger idiot than him wants to buy us at £60m?
    Sum is close to the £33m plus directors loans Muttley. Same for this Cardiff fella. It was more (nearer Airman’s £45m) but Roly reduced it (the selling his shares for £1 business). Roland wants out, and much of it is down to the protests which have really got to him. 
    Dalman seems like he means business, but he’ll probably discover all the crap that Gerard discovered, and it’s a question of whether or not it puts him off, I imagine. How it could happen quickly I have no idea, but we live in hope. 
    We shouldn't blame the Aussies for hanging about - we should praise them for it. If the price Duchatelet was asking for was completely unrealistic and they knew no-one else was going to pay it, why not wait for the price to drop? That is what appears to have happened. I'd rather new owners only pay what the deal is worth so that they have more money available to run the club. I don't believe for a minute that they will spend £40m acquiring the club and then be unable to develop it or run it for long enough before running out of funds.
    Sorry I don't buy that, especially as it's not an individual and the make up of the consortium seems to have changed during the period.

The idea that someone would try to buy a club, and then deliberately wait 2 years to get the price to come down is bizarre. If that was the case, why haven't the Aussies been linked with other clubs? If the Aussies were quoted an unacceptable price to buy us, surely the logical thing would be to say "goodbye drongo" and look elsewhere, not wait 2 years...
    Well they haven't gone after anyone else and are still here. Maybe they really want to buy us.
    But why? If they had the funds lined up a year or so, why not cut your losses and buy someone else instead? I don't get what's so special about us that they would be prepared to wait and wait and wait...
    Well my theory about why the Aussies haven't bought us is because they cannot commit having seen the mess the Spivs left the club in.  There may be issues over whether the spivs actually owned the club and could therefore sell on to Roland (see the Jiminez court case thread).  @JamesSeed has intimated this might be one issue on the hold up, but nobody is listening. It has obviously cost the Aussies a whole bunch of DD money to get to the bottom of what really happened before, and I'm sure has put off some of the other potential buyers too.  Even if Dalman continues his own DD, that may throw up the same issues, and he may do what the Aussies have done and try to negotiate the price down because of this.  If you offer £500,00 for a house and then during the survey find dry rot, you may still want to buy the house but not at the originally agreed price - that's my house buying analogy for where I think the Aussies are. 

So when Roland says that a price is agreed, that may well be the case (much like the Brexit £39billion), but without an agreement going forwards and based on what DD has thrown up, that is worth nothing until the paperwork is signed.
  • Options
    Must keep posting on here, just to keep Happy Valley in a job, hope he’s being paid well 😉 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't think that article is all that bad like others have said. Very very vague comments by Dalman. It's like he wants to be the owner of Charlton but also wants a fall back plan/not look like a snake to the Cardiff fans. So using phrases like 'right in this moment in time' puts him in a position where if his takeover falls through he can make out to Cardiff as if he was loyal all along, if he comes to an agreement he can argue he never made any guarantees. 

How often do you see footballers do this? Sometimes they're even worse. Will kiss the badge, say they're loyal etc, 6 months later they're handing in a transfer request. 

I still have a bit of faith this could go ahead
  • Options
    If he was so happy at Cardiff and could never let Neil and the club down blah blah, he would never have contacted Roland about a possible takeover in the first place. The statement said all the right things for the Cardiff fans, but it certainly wasn't a 100% confirmation that he would still be their Chairman next season. 

At the moment I'd say that the takeover was still a possibility, but clearly there were major issues which might kill it off completely.
    or things are moving good atm but there are still a i's to dot t's to cross and until something does or might happen he will remain at Cardiff.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    If hes still here for next season I think relegation back to L1 is pretty much guaranteed. We will be lucky if we ever claw our way back again.
    Sorry but that last sentence is complete BS and you know it, why even say it? 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    There certainly is a fair chance of relegation this season, but to suggest that we will never get back is way over the top.
    Sorry mate, just feel so shit and sick of it all now. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Sorry but that last sentence is complete BS and you know it, why even say it? 

Wouldn't go as strong as BS, but it would have been better had Trev given a timeline, say within 10 years?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    5.9m
  • Options
    iamdan said:
    If this goes through then I’ll let my wife do something to one of ya. 
    Always confident :) 
  • Options
    It’s going to happen!
  • Options
    Everyone is getting so caught up in this that no one seems to be talking about the fact Bowyer still hasn’t signed a contract 
    Maybe because this is the discussion about the sale of Charlton :)
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Pedro45 said:
    clb74 said:
    JamesSeed said:

Well my theory about why the Aussies haven't bought us is because they cannot commit having seen the mess the Spivs left the club in.  There may be issues over whether the spivs actually owned the club and could therefore sell on to Roland (see the Jiminez court case thread).  @JamesSeed has intimated this might be one issue on the hold up, but nobody is listening. It has obviously cost the Aussies a whole bunch of DD money to get to the bottom of what really happened before, and I'm sure has put off some of the other potential buyers too.  Even if Dalman continues his own DD, that may throw up the same issues, and he may do what the Aussies have done and try to negotiate the price down because of this.  If you offer £500,00 for a house and then during the survey find dry rot, you may still want to buy the house but not at the originally agreed price - that's my house buying analogy for where I think the Aussies are. 

So when Roland says that a price is agreed, that may well be the case (much like the Brexit £39billion), but without an agreement going forwards and based on what DD has thrown up, that is worth nothing until the paperwork is signed.
    👍This week's prize for most gratuitous brexit reference. 😀😀
  • Options

• Options
    5.9m

Isn't that the calibre of an artillery shell?
  • Options
    addick05 said:
    5.9m

5.9 metres???? I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    addick05 said:
    5.9m

5.9 metres???? I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that!

Not the range - 5.9 inches, refers to the internal diameter of the barrel.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!