Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• well that sounds like its going nowhere then !!

I wonder who put the story out this week then ?  I realise @AirmanBrown has said that various media outlets were in the know about this for a couple of months but have sat on the story - but from the sounds of the last update ut doesn't sound like the story this week has come from Dalman's side.

RD playing games again to get the Aussies to get a hurry up  ???

• Doesn’t actually seem like a complete denial to me, if it was truly dead he wouldn’t have a problem mentioning it. 
    "Right at this moment in time I'm really focused on preparing for the new season with Cardiff”

Translation: I’m here until I can get a bigger role somewhere else.
  • I don’t buy all this he’s a lunatic, mental etc etc. In my interpretation he is most likely not a nice man, wholly single minded and an extremely tough / difficult negotiatior who has little interest in compromise, and most certainly no interest in what’s best for the club.

Ive no idea if it’s true, but if talk that the club and it’s assets can be acquired free of debt and with clean title as a Championship club for under £40m, then I’m coming round to thinking that that is fair value in this industry.

A Championship club sold 1 player for £15m yesterday.
    I've said all along he bought us at a very good price (£18M) and the top price he could expect would be £35M.
    £40M is certainly pushing it.
    He has improved the stadium - pitch, electronic turnstiles, seats, painted the breeze blocks in Upper North.
    He has carried out some improvements to Sparrows Lane (obviously not what was promised).

As always I in no way support RD and want him gone as of 4 years ago, just stating facts as I see them.

• Doesn’t actually seem like a complete denial to me, if it was truly dead he wouldn’t have a problem mentioning it. 
    "Right at this moment in time I'm really focused on preparing for the new season with Cardiff. I don't want to let Neil down. We have a job to do here at Cardiff and we intend to give it a right old go for promotion."

"Vincent, Ken, Neil and myself are on the same wavelength and pull in the same direction. The four of us work well. I don't want to rock the boat at the moment."

"Provided Vincent, Ken, Neil and myself are united, which we are, then I'm there with Cardiff. I'm not going to get distracted by this talk or anything else. I expect to be here for the season."

Doesn't exactly seem like he'll be leaving does it?
  • I know I'm probably incredibly naive, but isn't all this secrecy proving counter productive? 

If RD just set his stall out (sorry) and itemised the assets for sale, warts and all with a set price - your prospective buyers could start negotiation ... or not.  So far all his scheming, moving the goalposts and setting one syndicate against another with different prices and conditions has proven to be a costly waste of time. 

Say he wants 38 million, put it up for 43 to allow for a bit of bartering and hope he arrives at a figure north of his bottom line.  If I was a buyer and he told me the club comes free with the land at a price I'd tell him to bogof.     
  • Just fuck off already you senile old hag.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's the hope that kills you !
  • well that sounds like its going nowhere then !!

I wonder who put the story out this week then ?  I realise @AirmanBrown has said that various media outlets were in the know about this for a couple of months but have sat on the story - but from the sounds of the last update ut doesn't sound like the story this week has come from Dalman's side.

RD playing games again to get the Aussies to get a hurry up  ???

I am sure RD has a direct line to the Cardiff local press and managed to persuade an experienced football executive to let them run the story. Obviously Roland is an evil genius who can manipulate any of the world's media at the click of his fingers.  Intresting that he had to resort to this as Jim White is on holiday this week. 
  • I don’t buy all this he’s a lunatic, mental etc etc. In my interpretation he is most likely not a nice man, wholly single minded and an extremely tough / difficult negotiatior who has little interest in compromise, and most certainly no interest in what’s best for the club.

Ive no idea if it’s true, but if talk that the club and it’s assets can be acquired free of debt and with clean title as a Championship club for under £40m, then I’m coming round to thinking that that is fair value in this industry.

A Championship club sold 1 player for £15m yesterday.
    The word lunatic is of course highly subjective......I myself, have no doubts that he has some unusual psychological traits as indicated by his long term partner (sorry I can’t remember her name) in a society magazine article a few years back......I agree he isn’t a fully fledged lunatic in the true sense of the word but I fancy an established psychologist or psychiatrist could find a number of very unusual traits in his character that make him something of a ‘one off’ shall we say.
    I think he does have some minor mental health issues (though not necessarily alarming ones to the outside world) and as he gets older they will almost certainly become more apparent......for example he may have anxiety problems, which is very common in the elderly, despite his seemingly self assured persona and social standing.
    His failure to attend Wembley and the reason he gave might in fact be very real to him and a true indication of those anxieties.
    Having said that I am no expert, so I don’t want anyone to take my opinion as being factual.....it’s just my opinion.
    As one gets older(as I am), some of these things become more apparent, both in oneself and your family and circle of friends, things that might not have been previously apparent in people’s characters surprisingly and unerringly come to light.
    He acts very strangely, because he is in fact very strange!
  • Calm down everyone and just think about how excited CL was this time last year.

It's new season ticket application time again. That's the reason this has come out now and how many bought them last year cos they thought Roland was going?
    So it was Roland that leaked this news when he knew it was going nowhere. He's playing fans like a fiddle.
  • Sponsored links:

• This is a game to him. He is warped.

• Have you got any spare straws Paddy?
  • Could he be trying to put pressure on Roland by saying he is just thinking about Cardiff?

He doesn’t really say anything about him buying us.
  • JamesSeed said:
    From another site, apparently its not happening (Dalman that is). Well it was nice while it lasted....back to square one I guess, which will be The Aussies still hanging on in there.
    Or not.
    Or not being The Aussies @JamesSeed? If they've gone as well then the game is up I feel.
    No they haven't gone, but they're only doing this if the terms are right, and Roland may yet not allow that to happen.
  • He couldn't say much else until a deal has been signed. Nothing's done until it's done and he wants to keep life easy where he currently is and wouldn't want to give any more leverage to RD.
  • 1717, Handel's Water Music is first performed on a barge on the Thames.
  • I said it first. Me me me.
    Or maybe Airman.
  • Good god are we seriously highlighting words and taking positives from that article, move on people.
  • I honestly think RD will be here til he kicks the bucket. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!