Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I appreciate the efforts of people with connections in either camp for passing on as much information as they can.

But the absence of any definitive information means that a worrying picture is emerging. Logically, as mentioned previously, the reason that the Aussies want the loans to be cleared is so that they can borrow against the club's physical assets, namely The Valley and Sparrows Lane. This suggests that they don't have the funds to run the club without leveraging these assets. This could leave us in a very precarious position if things don't go as well as anticipated and the borrowed money runs out.

I hope that this is a mis-reading of the situation. Along with the rumours of Bowyer and Gallen preparing to walk, it's a nerve-wracking time to be a Charlton fan (again). 
    There are a whole host of reasons the Aussies want clean title

1)  They dont want the £7m hanging over them if we do get promoted.
    2)  They dont want this holding up any potential sale when they exit (as it is now)
    3)  They have made an offer at their valuation but see this as a contingent liability which means they are paying more than they are prepared to
    4)  They plan to redevelop the ground, training ground and want to borrow to enable them to do this
    5)  They are borrowing to buy and need the security to keep the cost of borrowing down
    6) They plan to sell the football club and keep the assets (which Roland wants to do)
    7)  They plan to keep the football club and sell the assets (hopefully not to Roland

Its not all bad news!
  • Scoham said:
    Parker wasn't the replacement for Grant, but as night follows day when Igor's body let him down yet again he ended up playing as a striker. 
    You can spin it how you want but we had one fit striker from January onwards and even the superb Taylor spent lots of time as a wide man.
    Parker calls himself a striker, Gallen also called him a striker.

He wasn’t signed with the intention to play him in midfield.
    Sorry to labour the point,
    But Josh Parker has played 142 League games for 10 different League clubs.
    He has scored 16 goals in that time.
    That is one ever 9 games. 
    That's why I call him a non goal scoring forward. In 10 games for a winning Cafc team he couldn't score despite having some glorious chances.

My experience of scouting players was at a lower level than Steve Gallen's but I knew what I wanted to see in a striker, but we were down a river without a paddle by deadline day and Steve was trying to be diplomatic when talking about the only forward we could get in because of Duchatelet.

Now back to the non Sale of Charlton.
  • edited June 2019
    I appreciate the efforts of people with connections in either camp for passing on as much information as they can.

But the absence of any definitive information means that a worrying picture is emerging. Logically, as mentioned previously, the reason that the Aussies want the loans to be cleared is so that they can borrow against the club's physical assets, namely The Valley and Sparrows Lane. This suggests that they don't have the funds to run the club without leveraging these assets. This could leave us in a very precarious position if things don't go as well as anticipated and the borrowed money runs out.

I hope that this is a mis-reading of the situation. Along with the rumours of Bowyer and Gallen preparing to walk, it's a nerve-wracking time to be a Charlton fan (again). 

2)  They dont want this holding up any potential sale when they exit (as it is now)
    3)  They have made an offer at their valuation but see this as a contingent liability which means they are paying more than they are prepared to
    4)  They plan to redevelop the ground, training ground and want to borrow to enable them to do this
    5)  They are borrowing to buy and need the security to keep the cost of borrowing down
    6) They plan to sell the football club and keep the assets (which Roland wants to do)
    7)  They plan to keep the football club and sell the assets (hopefully not to Roland

Its not all bad news!
    Is this conjecture or something you know ?
    Presumably conjecture as it is contradictory.
  • Scoham said:
    I was replying to @soapboxsam who seemed to be suggesting Parker was played out of position.

I agree he was signed as back up.
    At 9.37 this morning I first called Parker a non goal scoring forward. I have no problems calling Parker a striker even though it's an oxymoron.
    Parker came to the party late on with his unselfish work and in the second half at Wembley played some decent passes.

So CL members thought Vetokele would stay fit ! Bizarrely so did Duchatelet.
    Fair enough, I thought you were suggesting he was being played out of position.

I didn’t expect Igor to stay fit, all I meant was Parker didn’t come in as an automatic first choice. Just as another option in the squad.
  • If the Aussies are serious abut buying the club they need to act and act now.  If they are not they can walk away and never come back as far as I'm concerned.

RD is not going to blink so it's down to them (and any other interested buyers) now.
    Well they’ve been around for at least 18 months and they haven’t walked away yet. God knows why ? 
  • 1686, Robinson Crusoe leaves The Island of Despair to return to England.
  • If a takeover isn’t completed this close season when players can be secured then a prospective new owner might just as well wait until January. The Aussies have been chipping away for two years so I can’t see them walking away if this current issue can’t be resolved in the next few weeks or so. 
  • Sponsored links:

• FFS really !!!!! how many times are we going to hear "might as well wait till January"? Every fecking year the Rats been in charge we here it ---- be it transfer targets or the sale. We could be rock bottom with a team of kids and nobodies just how is that an incentive to prospective new owners ? With the deluded twonk in Belgium still holding out for £30plus million.

Its now in the next month or i fear for CAFC as anything other than league 1/2 makeing up the numbers
  • edited June 2019
    Just arrived in Belgium. In hotel.

Awaiting further instructions
    Are you incontinent Henry ? Just an idea
  • edited June 2019
    FFS really !!!!! how many times are we going to hear "might as well wait till January"? Every fecking year the Rats been in charge we here it ---- be it transfer targets or the sale. We could be rock bottom with a team of kids and nobodies just how is that an incentive to prospective new owners ? With the deluded twonk in Belgium still holding out for £30plus million.

Its now in the next month or i fear for CAFC as anything other than league 1/2 makeing up the numbers
    Probably the same number of times we hear "league 2 or worse" "it will take decades to recover" or "he is doing it out of spite"?

For what it's worth when it happens I would imagine it will be either while a transfer window is open, or just before one.   That's my opinion not a wish or desire. 
  • Aussies need too hurry up .
  • Don’t understand the guy! Sounded like he just wants to get rid of when speaking to Jim White. Just split the loans with the Aussies or negotiate paying 66% and split. Do something. If I had a pain in the ass business and all the money in the world I would get rid of it ASAP but maybe that’s why I am not rich. 
  • I don't understand RD wants too sell club for over two years.
  • Sponsored links:

• I appreciate the efforts of people with connections in either camp for passing on as much information as they can.

Its not all bad news!
    Is this conjecture or something you know ?
    Presumably conjecture as it is contradictory.
    Me I know nothing. 

Just pointing out that wanting clean title doesn't necessarily mean we are immediately going to be mortgaged up to our eyeballs
  • Just arrived in Belgium. In hotel.

Try this place for some decent scoff, just outside the station.
    Good luck with your mission..........

• Just arrived in Belgium. In hotel.

So what you saying, the museum ain't open today then? ffs what a wasted journey

Man, I wish Roland would leave Friday and never return to our Island.

Man, I wish Roland would leave Friday and never return to our Island.
    Calm down, and get off whatever it is you're standing on @soapboxsam
  • How do you say ‘It’s happening’ in Spanish.
  • Isn't Josh Harris also involved in the Alcorcon consortium?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!