Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• stonemuse said:
    If the new owners want a clean title it’s only because they want the sole charge on the assets perfectly reasonable 

RD should pay the directors loans 

if he doesn’t then walk away why is the Land so pivotal to the process of your interested in the land more than the fact it’s a football club and one that you will never make a profit out of until you reach the premier league then you have to question why are you buying it 

fire and frying pan 
    Re-posted here from another thread:

Could it be that RD is playing a new game?

Trying to get ... or embarrass ... the ex-directors to accept a big discount - then he decides he doesn’t want to sell and takes the opportunity to obtain finance (or seek other opportunities) using the land as collateral?

I wouldn’t be surprised if he sees the land as his big chance to make money, and is using the proposed buyers as pawns in his game. 

Far-fetched? Maybe. But nothing would surprise me with this individual. 
    Nothing would surprise me either.
  • Ultimatum said:
    I hate the cryptic stuff it’s like trying to decider the da Vinci code 
    You do realise that the da Vinci Code was a work of fiction. The stuff coming out on this forum and others is nothing like that. Oh ..... hang on a minute.
  • 1674 England and the Netherlands sign the Treaty of Westminster, ending the Third Anglo-Dutch War.  just adding the usual bollox a little earlier than usual.  
  • RedJohn said:
    1674 England and the Netherlands sign the Treaty of Westminster, ending the Third Anglo-Dutch War.  just adding the usual bollox a little earlier than usual.  
    Too soon...
  • 1674, The skeletons of 2 children are discovered at the Tower of London. It was thought at the time they were The Princes in the Tower.
  • Uboat said:
    Addickted said:

That lad's taken a haircut. 

If you look carefully
    In the background of The Scream
    The couple on the bridge
    Are both Robson Green

(HMHB)

I'm sure there's a clue there as to who our new owners will be. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Zzzzz
    Frustrating certainly but hardly Zzzzz
    Frustration gets boring after 2 years mate
    The immediate and long term future of our football club is never boring.
    Never said it was
  • Surprise suprise , roland is full of it. I swear he just makes it up as he goes along. The more this unravels the more it seems that Roland has no intention of selling.
  • 1672, Peter the Great born
    Didn't realize Varney was that old.
  • addick05 said:
    When was Roland quoted as saying he didn't want promotion ?
    He may have said that and I may have missed it.
    He may even have thought it, without saying it.
    But I'm just saying I don't recall him saying that.

I do recall Dave White amongst others saying that's what they thought (and may well be right).

• Has it happened?
  • edited June 2019
    cafc999 said:
    For the last few seasons some high ranking members of staff  have been saying the the club will be easier to sell when we are in the championship. I don't think so  
    Only if there is some very wealthy Kazakhstani who wants to launder some dirty money in a London located football team who see's we are one division away from the promised land of the premier and is prepared to pay over the odds. (EG prince Andrews house when he was paid 2 million more than the asking price on the house he was given by the Queen !)

I'm not suggesting that all kazakh oligarchs are iffy or they expected air miles Andy to act  quid pro quo, but the fact they never moved into the house was strange !
  • My view is that new owners want clear title because they are paying a lot of money and so want clear and uncomplicated ownership.

Why buy a house and allow the previous owners free access to the downstairs toilet?

There is no reason to think that wanting clear title means loans or if it does that means dodgy. Charlton took out a loan (mortgage) to build the new north stand for example.

We don't even know who the potential new owners are beyond Muir, who we know could buy the club on his own.

The problem here is all Roland. He needs to sort the bonds but hasn't so is now playing games to shift blame.

And it's not just the ex-directors being blamed.

Small budget?  EFLs fault

Bowyer deal not signed. Bowyer won't trigger the extension.

It's everyone's fault other than Duchatelet's, as ever.

As for support the team Bowyer knows the players perform better with positive support than without so he encourages it. It also engages the fan base, which is great.

But it is a marginal gain. No matter how much we cheered Parker he wouldn't be as good as Taylor.

In the championship others will have bigger, more expensive and talented squads AND loud crowds.

We need to compete with the squad, the scouting, the tactics, the coaching, the injuries, the talent.

Support alone won't be enough. It will help and it should be the norm but it's only a marginal part of success as otherwise England would win the world cup and Leeds the Champions League
    Fantastic house analogy. It has been too long. 
  • cafc999 said:
    For the last few seasons some high ranking members of staff  have been saying the the club will be easier to sell when we are in the championship. I don't think so  
    There are no high ranking members of staff at Charlton.
  • 1674, The skeletons of 2 children are discovered at the Tower of London. It was thought at the time they were The Princes in the Tower.
    Crime watch did a re-inactment of that but disappointingly they didn't get any new calls.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redskin said:
    Redskin said:
    Seems we are back to micro analysing details without anyone really knowing whether those details are the real issue or not. 

Weve been in a similar round to this about 6 or 7 times over the last two years. I’ve absolutely no idea why some people wrap themselves up so much in it. 
    Probably because many of us realise that just chanting “support the team” isn’t much use in the medium term unless the owner does so as well.
    Well, Bowyer and the team seemed to think that supporting the team was was of considerable use to them.I don't recall them commenting on the use of 17,000 pages of gossip and conjecture on a Charlton forum...
    I think we can all agree the owner is of little use at all.
    Yes, in L1 where Charlton will always be competitive because about two thirds of the division are perennial strugglers. In the Championship that won’t cut it for very long, as a series of small clubs have found out.
    I think you may need to clarify this, because it reads that there is no point Charlton fans supporting the team above L1.
    No, it means that it won’t of itself enable the team to be successful. Some people seem to think that asking questions and exploring what is going on is somehow exclusive of or detracts from “supporting the team”. However as Redskin himself points out, Bowyer and the team are oblivious to this discussion. 

You can, if you want, stick your fingers in your ears and join RD is his delusion that having the lowest budget in the division (according to Bowyer) doesn’t mean we can’t get promoted. You can ignore the fact that teams with Charlton’s likely budget usually go down. But shouting louder at matches still won’t be a solution.

Jesus wept, you can be fully aware of the negligence of the owner and the damage being inflicted on the club and still support the team without thinking it's a solution to the problems.
    Of course you can - and I did, all over the country last season. I was responding to AFKA who has been arguing (see above) that more people should go to matches and that discussing the takeover situation is pointless, to paraphrase. Obviously it’s entirely open to anyone what they do, I just find it a bit odd for the owner of a message board to argue that such discussion is pointless.
    I don't think AFKA was saying not to discuss the takeover. Without speaking for him my interpretation of the point he was making was a very similar viewpoint to mine in that it does seem for about the umpteenth time we're all arguing with each other over whether a price has really been agreed or not and have The Aussies got the money? And I make AFKA correct it does almost feel like we are picking over quotes from the last 12 months where no doubt there is a mixture of spin, truth and lies in there and frankly it does get tedious and tiresome to keep re-reading it over and over.

There's probably an easier solution out there which would be to create a flow chart of all the possible theories that have been discussed over the last two years, 1672 pages and 51k comments to save reading the same arguments over and over again.
    Point is that things are moving, of which RD’s statement is one aspect, and there is some solid information coming into the public domain, with more likely to follow. So it’s not the case that we are simply going over old ground at all. Even if it feels like it!
    Is that your ex Directors statement, or is there something else on the horizon? 
  • irudd123 said:
    Redskin said:
    Redskin said:
    Seems we are back to micro analysing details without anyone really knowing whether those details are the real issue or not. 

Weve been in a similar round to this about 6 or 7 times over the last two years. I’ve absolutely no idea why some people wrap themselves up so much in it. 
    Probably because many of us realise that just chanting “support the team” isn’t much use in the medium term unless the owner does so as well.
    Well, Bowyer and the team seemed to think that supporting the team was was of considerable use to them.I don't recall them commenting on the use of 17,000 pages of gossip and conjecture on a Charlton forum...
    I think we can all agree the owner is of little use at all.
    Yes, in L1 where Charlton will always be competitive because about two thirds of the division are perennial strugglers. In the Championship that won’t cut it for very long, as a series of small clubs have found out.
    I think you may need to clarify this, because it reads that there is no point Charlton fans supporting the team above L1.
    No, it means that it won’t of itself enable the team to be successful. Some people seem to think that asking questions and exploring what is going on is somehow exclusive of or detracts from “supporting the team”. However as Redskin himself points out, Bowyer and the team are oblivious to this discussion. 

You can, if you want, stick your fingers in your ears and join RD is his delusion that having the lowest budget in the division (according to Bowyer) doesn’t mean we can’t get promoted. You can ignore the fact that teams with Charlton’s likely budget usually go down. But shouting louder at matches still won’t be a solution.

Jesus wept, you can be fully aware of the negligence of the owner and the damage being inflicted on the club and still support the team without thinking it's a solution to the problems.
    Of course you can - and I did, all over the country last season. I was responding to AFKA who has been arguing (see above) that more people should go to matches and that discussing the takeover situation is pointless, to paraphrase. Obviously it’s entirely open to anyone what they do, I just find it a bit odd for the owner of a message board to argue that such discussion is pointless.
    I don't think AFKA was saying not to discuss the takeover. Without speaking for him my interpretation of the point he was making was a very similar viewpoint to mine in that it does seem for about the umpteenth time we're all arguing with each other over whether a price has really been agreed or not and have The Aussies got the money? And I make AFKA correct it does almost feel like we are picking over quotes from the last 12 months where no doubt there is a mixture of spin, truth and lies in there and frankly it does get tedious and tiresome to keep re-reading it over and over.

There's probably an easier solution out there which would be to create a flow chart of all the possible theories that have been discussed over the last two years, 1672 pages and 51k comments to save reading the same arguments over and over again.
    Point is that things are moving, of which RD’s statement is one aspect, and there is some solid information coming into the public domain, with more likely to follow. So it’s not the case that we are simply going over old ground at all. Even if it feels like it!
    Is that your ex Directors statement, or is there something else on the horizon? 
    I’m going to write more tomorrow.

Why not just tell us now?
  • edited June 2019
    SoapBoxSam, I think you'll find Andrew built the house from scratch. Nicknamed Tesco Towers because it resembled their supermarkets.  Now razed to the ground after being derelict for years. How he hasn't been investigated for complicity in money laundering is scandalous.
  • The three directors RD has blamed for holding up the takeover are owed a total of £2.65m.

If he for example only wants to pay them 50% then RD is delaying the takeover for the sake of £1.32m.

Even if the clubs losses are cut to say £6m a season, the takeover dragging on another 3 months means he may have to put another £1.5m into the club.

He’s likely to get £30m+ by selling the club and potentially further payments if we’re experience any success on the pitch.

Have the other directors agreed to be paid a % of their loan and therefore RD is refusing to pay any of them off in full?
  • seth plum said:
    If the Australians take over I will be first in line for buying season tickets.
    Listen mate,
    Over the last two years they have spent too much time with their hands in their pockets ball tampering and will surely take us down, under the present "who's got 2 million to join our Aussie consortium" idea of taking over a football club.
    Aussie rules ok, but they seem stuck between a big rock and a hard place. We keep boomeranging  between the Ex directors loans and the high Price.
    Despite Duchatelet being a Drongo, he's outback and a recluse from the valley.
    Strewth this Sale of Charlton is taking longer than a roo on the hop from Sydney to Perth.
    G'day

“Blimey Skippy, Roland’s tripped and fallen down a well? Tell ya what let’s leave the drongo to drown!”
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!