Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Chappell, Whitehand and Sumner put out a statement via VOTV saying they were not prepared to take a haircut.
    They said they want repayment in full.

As for Murray, Hatter, Hughes and White, we don't know their views are.
    However, Dave White said he had been recently contacted, was willing to have a discussion, but no discussion had taken place.
    The fact that he said he has been contacted recently, and what with RD's misleading statement I do wonder if something is going on behind the scenes. 
  • :-( 
    :-(
    :-(
  • Rudders22 said:
    Chappell, Whitehand and Sumner put out a statement via VOTV saying they were not prepared to take a haircut.
    They said they want repayment in full.

As for Murray, Hatter, Hughes and White, we don't know their views are.
    However, Dave White said he had been recently contacted, was willing to have a discussion, but no discussion had taken place.
    The fact that he said he has been contacted recently, and what with RD's misleading statement I do wonder if something is going on behind the scenes. 
    Well it obviously is because Dave White has confirmed just now, that LDT has now contacted all of the ex-directors.

I assume a price was agreed between RD & The Aussies.
    The Aussies expected RD to pay off the ex-director loans and he has refused, or refused to pay them in full, in the hope that he doesn't have to pay the full £7M.

I assume he's thinking that if he has to pay out £7M, he would rather run the club on a shoestring attempting to break even or perhaps only lose let's say £2M pa, which will mean financially he will better off sitting tight.
  • Brunello said:
    Addickted said:
    _MrDick said:
    Addickted said:
    JamesSeed said:
    .clb74 said:
    Scoham said:
    The three directors RD has blamed for holding up the takeover are owed a total of £2.65m.

If he for example only wants to pay them 50% then RD is delaying the takeover for the sake of £1.32m.

Even if the clubs losses are cut to say £6m a season, the takeover dragging on another 3 months means he may have to put another £1.5m into the club.

He’s likely to get £30m+ by selling the club and potentially further payments if we’re experience any success on the pitch.

Have the other directors agreed to be paid a % of their loan and therefore RD is refusing to pay any of them off in full?
    That would be a kick in the b@llocks from the Aussies aswell then.
    No it's not thier debt , but after all this time and the season 2 months away the Aussies are going to mess about over £1.3 million.
    Can't see it.
    If Roland decides to settle the £1.3 million just before the start of the season the Aussies will have a few weeks to get in the players the manager wants.

I believe it’s £7m the Aussies are dealing with now.  
    I’ve a possible solution to the current impasse, but it would involve compromise by Roland, which might be a stumbling block. 
    But it's not.

The ex Directors are prepared to take a hair cut, as long as he sells lock, stock and barrel. RDs post suggests that he has already agreed with the majority of the ex Directors (though David White has questioned that).

At least the position seems more fluid now that LvT has contacted them at last.
    Is that correct? Bob Whitehand has this morning said on Twitter that he’s never met or spoken to Duchatelet.  

Are you certain he has.

He may not have spoken to or met RD, but LvT has been in touch with all the ex Directors now.

How do you know LtV has spoken to all the ex Directors now?
  • We know RD is not competent as a football club owner - but he has always claimed competence as a billionaire business owner.  The fact that he is taking so long to sell a concern the size of Charlton when there have been interest from numerous buyers really just raises a huge question mark over his competence as a businessman.  Has he no pride or self awareness?
  • 1674, The skeletons of 2 children are discovered at the Tower of London. It was thought at the time they were The Princes in the Tower.

I wonder what skeletons we will find when RD eventually goes?
  • Sponsored links:

• Folks, at the present time Roland isn’t going to be paying off the loans. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    Folks, at the present time Roland isn’t going to be paying off the loans. 
    So why not let them roll over again? Why do the Aussies need them paid off?
  • edited June 2019
    Pedro45 said:
    So the situation is not an impasse but a total stalemate.
    Why did Chappel, Whitehand and Sumner make loans which would be paid back if we make the Premier yet now want to be paid out in full ?

Did they invest money with Neil Woodford or Richard Rufus !
    Would you make a loan and not expect it to be paid in full?  The ex-directors are obliged to wait until the club get's to the Premier League for payment, unless other things happen, like a new owner wanting clean title.  It's not the ex-directors fault. Blame Roland for not doing due diligence, and getting clean title himself!
    The difference is, I would've had a date for the loan to be paid back, say 5 years, Not the unlikely event of Charlton ever getting to the Premier again.

If I was a potential new owner ( it ain't happening sam) I would get in touch with the Ex directors and promise a bonus if they sit tight because I know the TV revenue would cover the Promotion to the premier.
    Not just cover it but be less than 8% of the amount paid to promoted clubs.

This is why new owners wanting clean titles doesn't have to be the case.

Lack of a skilled broker who can sweet talk the shit weasel and bring a resolution to this issue as well.

The hero to Zero status of Richard Murray who has 50% of the 7 million loans isn't helping with his relationship with the rest of the directors.
  • edited June 2019
    Scoham said:
    JamesSeed said:
    It's simply about the money, nothing else.
    I assume RD is the villain here and possibly indicated he would pay the loans off and has now back tracked.

However, as you say why can't RD & the Aussies sign the deal and then the Aussies pay the ex-directors off ?
    If they have the money and are not reliant on outside funding then they can.

So it still boils down to a rangle over £7M whether we call it the ex-director loans or whether we say it isn't. 
  • JamesSeed said:

If he doesn't pay them off there is no deal then........ simples.

How on earth the Aussies and that doughnut managed to think they had a deal without that important issue being resolved is amateur. Both sides have to take some of the flack as it should have been agreed before they started telling the world that they had one.
  • Uboat said:
    The phrase 'taking a haircut' is now pissing me off so much that I don't even want to have an actual haircut any more. 
    So you are going to take a raincheck on having a haircut?
  • 1675, Charles II lays the foundation stone as work begins on Greenwich Royal Observatory.
    Meanwhile the potential king Charles III the prince in waiting, is waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting, IF he becomes king he will be older than William IV who became King at 69 and is the oldest prince ever to ascend to the throne.

Not a lot of people know that 
  • Sponsored links:

• Apoligies if this has been asked and answered before, but just for clairification

Do all of the directors have to be paid off in order for the sale to be completed or can the 3 be kept on for the prospective new owners to sort out?

I.E. Roland has paid off the £4 Million of the & £7 million and made deals with these 4 (?) directors, leaving the other 3 with charges on the title still. This will be seen as a reduction of cost from the Aussies side (if they want the clean title, which it seems they do)

OR

Do all 7 have to be paid off in order for the charge to be removed? (what i think i mean is the charges 1 single Charge or 7 individual charges )?

(i think i have made sense there, apoligies if i haven't)

• I can't remember why the Australian consortium want to buy a second / third division football club?  Or why they want one so much that they are willing to dick around for 3 years over it?

Are they dicking around or is it RD?
  • edited June 2019
    Scoham said:
    JamesSeed said:
    This is my question, I'm not blaming any directors but just trying to understand the stalemate.
  • Are the Aussies now the only group on the scene or are there others in the wings potentially if this can't be agreed? 
  • edited June 2019
    I have a feeling this is the end game now and the club will be sold by the end of the month.

RD trying to pressure the directors into taking a haircut through outing it while laying it on thick how hard it will be budget wise next year is his last card to play thinking it will get the fans on their back.

Once this plays out and it comes clear they will not budge and fans will not turn on them he will blink and it will be done. 
  • sm said:
    We know RD is not competent as a football club owner - but he has always claimed competence as a billionaire business owner.  The fact that he is taking so long to sell a concern the size of Charlton when there have been interest from numerous buyers really just raises a huge question mark over his competence as a businessman.  Has he no pride or self awareness?
    er, the quick and simple answer is no.
  • Scoham said:
    JamesSeed said:
    This is my question, I'm not blaming any directors but just trying to understand the stalemate.
    I would imagine that whoever is supplying the finance wants clean title. Remember the directors loans are first charge
  • 1676, Robert Walpole born, he was to become the first Prime Minister of Great Britain.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!