Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I vaguely remember the term "haircut" from when I used to have to sit basic financial exams 25 years ago when I worked in IT in the city. Its use in this thread did not make sense to me so I checked on Google. Unless the directors are planning to use these loans as collateral then the use of the term in this thread is completely wrong. 
    In finance, a haircut is the difference between the market value of an asset used as loan ... creditors, or, in other words, a reduction in the face value of a troubled borrower's debts, as in "to take a haircut": to accept or receive less than is owed.
    No. It is the difference between the market value of an asset and the value ascribed to that asset when it is being used as collateral.
  • @JamesSeed thanks for the info given so far. However I have a question, if RD isn't paying off the loans and the Aussies arn't, we surely have an impasse and any deal will be off? Unless I'm missing something!
    I didn’t say the Aussies aren’t   
  • We'll probably find a crotchless gorilla suit that he's been using on Thomas!
  • so the previous directors made a bet (ie CAFC back in the prem)

the chances of that actually happening are relatively slim

they are now waiting on the best 'cash out' offer.....and realistically alot depends on how good that offer is.

like anyone of us who's made an on-line bet and keeps an eye on the cash out price.
  • JamesSeed said:
    @JamesSeed thanks for the info given so far. However I have a question, if RD isn't paying off the loans and the Aussies arn't, we surely have an impasse and any deal will be off? Unless I'm missing something!

So are the Aussies in contact with the former directors to do a deal?
  • cafcwill said:
    Apoligies if this has been asked and answered before, but just for clairification

Do all of the directors have to be paid off in order for the sale to be completed or can the 3 be kept on for the prospective new owners to sort out?

I.E. Roland has paid off the £4 Million of the & £7 million and made deals with these 4 (?) directors, leaving the other 3 with charges on the title still. This will be seen as a reduction of cost from the Aussies side (if they want the clean title, which it seems they do)

OR

Do all 7 have to be paid off in order for the charge to be removed? (what i think i mean is the charges 1 single Charge or 7 individual charges )?

(i think i have made sense there, apoligies if i haven't)

I'm not 100% certain.
    However, the sale can go through with the ex-director loans remaining, as they have done in the previous 2 sales. 
    The Aussies want all the loans repaid, so it doesn't matter whether or not there are 7 individual charges.
    The question as to why The Aussies want the loans repaid remains unanswered.
    Obviously, to obtain clean title, but why ?
    The answers are because they do end of, or because their possible financiers demand it so.         

Sorry I'm struggling to keep up, but where and when was this quoted that the Aussies want all loans paid off ? There are 1676 pages !
    Plus by whom ?
    Someone wants the ex-director loans paid off and it isn't RD so it must be The Aussies.
    The Aussies want them paid off so they own CAFC 100%, without any mortgages/charges ranking in front of them.
    The only way this can be achieved (clean title/100% ownership) is if all the loans are paid off.
    So it's common sense.

Common sense and normal business practice yet the present incumbent and the owners before didn't insist on this. I know Duchatelet didn't do DD but what about Jimenez and co ?

• So it is the Aussies who are trying to screw the ex directors?
  • James, I know you can;t say too much. Has there been significant change towards the sale of the club since Wembley? Are there a lot of things going on the background that they are negotiating towards the completion? Are we getting towards the end game now?  You mention more will be revelaed in the next few days regarding the loans. Is this something different from what Airman Brown had David White have said?   (sitting here with popcorn in one hand and a drink of coke in the other).  
  • JamesSeed said:
    @JamesSeed thanks for the info given so far. However I have a question, if RD isn't paying off the loans and the Aussies arn't, we surely have an impasse and any deal will be off? Unless I'm missing something!

LDT has made contact with all the ex-directors. It has to be done via the seller's side or the broker if LDT is desribed as such.
  • CE when was this done as I have not seen anything other then David White's tweet within the last 2 days. 
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

LDT has made contact with all the ex-directors. It has to be done via the seller's side or the broker if LDT is desribed as such.
    So when some of the directors come out and say they have had no contact with RD they mean that literally. LDT represents RD so to say they haven’t heard from him is not strictly true.
  • edited June 2019
    Brunello said:
    Addickted said:
    _MrDick said:
    Addickted said:
    JamesSeed said:
    .clb74 said:
    Scoham said:
    The three directors RD has blamed for holding up the takeover are owed a total of £2.65m.

If he for example only wants to pay them 50% then RD is delaying the takeover for the sake of £1.32m.

Even if the clubs losses are cut to say £6m a season, the takeover dragging on another 3 months means he may have to put another £1.5m into the club.

He’s likely to get £30m+ by selling the club and potentially further payments if we’re experience any success on the pitch.

Have the other directors agreed to be paid a % of their loan and therefore RD is refusing to pay any of them off in full?
    That would be a kick in the b@llocks from the Aussies aswell then.
    No it's not thier debt , but after all this time and the season 2 months away the Aussies are going to mess about over £1.3 million.
    Can't see it.
    If Roland decides to settle the £1.3 million just before the start of the season the Aussies will have a few weeks to get in the players the manager wants.

I believe it’s £7m the Aussies are dealing with now.  
    I’ve a possible solution to the current impasse, but it would involve compromise by Roland, which might be a stumbling block. 
    But it's not.

The ex Directors are prepared to take a hair cut, as long as he sells lock, stock and barrel. RDs post suggests that he has already agreed with the majority of the ex Directors (though David White has questioned that).

At least the position seems more fluid now that LvT has contacted them at last.
    Is that correct? Bob Whitehand has this morning said on Twitter that he’s never met or spoken to Duchatelet.  

Are you certain he has.

He may not have spoken to or met RD, but LvT has been in touch with all the ex Directors now.

Rudders, read above & note that Brunello is a trusted source.
  • JamesSeed said:

So when some of the directors come out and say they have had no contact with RD they mean that literally. LDT represents RD so to say they haven’t heard from him is not strictly true.
    Yes, or perhaps LDT contacted them afterwards.
  • Could it be that the the ex directors want assurances about the future of the club before considering taking a haircut ?  The Valley and Sparrows ?
  • So the Aussies have asked Douchebag to ask the ex-directors to take a haircut on the monies owed to them? Mmm,doesnt bode well does it🙄
  • CAFCWill  I haven't looked at the title, it costs £3 at land registry and you need the SY number of the land.  But as separate legal entities the 7 directors will have 7 charges, one each.  In theory they could buy off ones that will take a haircut and leave the ones who want full repayment, but that doesn't give clear title.  However not sure why they'd need clean title as they can borrow using the Valley as an asset anyway, just as you can have a second mortgage with a different lender.  The difficulty might be that in a bankruptcy scenario, the seven need paying off first, and a future lender might not like that, but that would be stupid as you would want your loans servicing by some other means than winding the company up.. 
  • edited June 2019
    Fumbluff said:
    cafcwill said:
    Apoligies if this has been asked and answered before, but just for clairification

Do all of the directors have to be paid off in order for the sale to be completed or can the 3 be kept on for the prospective new owners to sort out?

I.E. Roland has paid off the £4 Million of the & £7 million and made deals with these 4 (?) directors, leaving the other 3 with charges on the title still. This will be seen as a reduction of cost from the Aussies side (if they want the clean title, which it seems they do)

OR

Do all 7 have to be paid off in order for the charge to be removed? (what i think i mean is the charges 1 single Charge or 7 individual charges )?

I'm not 100% certain.
    However, the sale can go through with the ex-director loans remaining, as they have done in the previous 2 sales. 
    The Aussies want all the loans repaid, so it doesn't matter whether or not there are 7 individual charges.
    The answers are because they do end of, or because their possible financiers demand it so.         

Sorry I'm struggling to keep up, but where and when was this quoted that the Aussies want all loans paid off ? There are 1676 pages !
    cafcwill said:

OR

I'm not 100% certain.

Pages 59, 93, 412-467, 660-792, 994, 1023-1211, 1409-1572, 1637-onwards

You're welcome 
    I nearly LoL this but I meant a direct quote from an official of the Australian consortium. Not just working it out on the law of deduction. Three main players in this loans saga,  Duchatelet, Consortium and the Ex directors.
    Yes we know Roland tells porky pies but I would like to see all of the directors come out and state their views so there is no ambiguity.
    I understand NDA has limited the feed back from any potential new owner during the protracted negotiations.

• Sponsored links:

• So the Aussies have asked Douchebag to ask the ex-directors to take a haircut on the monies owed to them? Mmm,doesnt bode well does it🙄
    More like The Aussies asked Douchebag to repay the ex-directors and he won't, so could be offering them a deal .
  • edited June 2019
    Eight outstanding charges

David Hughes
    David Sumners
    David White
    Sir Maurice Hatter
    Richard Murray
    56 Developments LLP (Bob Whitehand)
    Harmsworth Pension Funds Trustees (No.2) Limited 
  • sm said:
    1674, The skeletons of 2 children are discovered at the Tower of London. It was thought at the time they were The Princes in the Tower.

I wonder what skeletons we will find when RD eventually goes?
    None the way we are going, last one out turns the light off.
  • Brunello said:
    Addickted said:
    _MrDick said:
    Addickted said:
    JamesSeed said:
    .clb74 said:
    Scoham said:
    The three directors RD has blamed for holding up the takeover are owed a total of £2.65m.

If he for example only wants to pay them 50% then RD is delaying the takeover for the sake of £1.32m.

Even if the clubs losses are cut to say £6m a season, the takeover dragging on another 3 months means he may have to put another £1.5m into the club.

He’s likely to get £30m+ by selling the club and potentially further payments if we’re experience any success on the pitch.

Have the other directors agreed to be paid a % of their loan and therefore RD is refusing to pay any of them off in full?
    That would be a kick in the b@llocks from the Aussies aswell then.
    No it's not thier debt , but after all this time and the season 2 months away the Aussies are going to mess about over £1.3 million.
    Can't see it.
    If Roland decides to settle the £1.3 million just before the start of the season the Aussies will have a few weeks to get in the players the manager wants.

I believe it’s £7m the Aussies are dealing with now.  
    I’ve a possible solution to the current impasse, but it would involve compromise by Roland, which might be a stumbling block. 
    But it's not.

The ex Directors are prepared to take a hair cut, as long as he sells lock, stock and barrel. RDs post suggests that he has already agreed with the majority of the ex Directors (though David White has questioned that).

At least the position seems more fluid now that LvT has contacted them at last.
    Is that correct? Bob Whitehand has this morning said on Twitter that he’s never met or spoken to Duchatelet.  

Are you certain he has.

He may not have spoken to or met RD, but LvT has been in touch with all the ex Directors now.

Rudders, read above & note that Brunello is a trusted source.
    Don’t ever recall me or anyone saying that LvT has spoken to the ex directors?
  • Addickted said:
    Eight outstanding charges

David Hughes
    David Sumners
    David White
    Sir Maurice Hatter
    Richard Murray
    56 Developments LLP (Bob Whitehand)
    Harmsworth Pension Funds Trustees (No.2) Limited
    seven isn't it?
  • cafcwill said:
    RedChaser said:
    JamesSeed said:
    So it is the Aussies who are trying to screw the ex directors?
    They haven’t offered them a so-called ‘haircut’. 
    Let’s leave it for them to sort out folks. Things are ongoing, and probably changing hour by hour, so hard to comment further. @Bedsaddick
    oh i have missed the Its Happening Gifs
    In your dreams, I've fallen for Mr James Seeds itk before!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!