Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• The Aussies don't have the funds.
  • It's like the worst groundhog day ever, a constant bloody loop of vacuous nonsense from our nut job of an owner.. 
  • To be honest it's fairly simple one, party has agreed a price for the club with clean title.

One party wants to sell the club but the price is not enough for him to get what he wants and repay former directors loans.

Will somebody give, doubtful if the past is anything to go by.

Answer nothing's really changed.
    I really don’t think that’s true though. I do not think any party has come close to Roland’s price. 

I suspect the Aussies have spent money on the deal and are willing to wait until Roland reduces his crazy price. I also think they are back at the table because we are now a Championship club. 

Stubborn or not at some point Roland will sell and for a price significantly lower than what he wants. Our only hope in that time is that we are still a Championship club. 

People are getting carried away with this ex directors loans. I don’t doubt that it’s a talking point but the reason they haven’t been properly spoken to is because no deal for the club has been agreed IMO. 

To be honest it's fairly simple one, party has agreed a price for the club with clean title.

One party wants to sell the club but the price is not enough for him to get what he wants and repay former directors loans.

I really don’t think that’s true though. I do not think any party has come close to Roland’s price. 

I suspect the Aussies have spent money on the deal and are willing to wait until Roland reduces his crazy price. I also think they are back at the table because we are now a Championship club. 

Stubborn or not at some point Roland will sell and for a price significantly lower than what he wants. Our only hope in that time is that we are still a Championship club. 

People are getting carried away with this ex directors loans. I don’t doubt that it’s a talking point but the reason they haven’t been properly spoken to is because no deal for the club has been agreed IMO. 
    The Aussies believe they are very close to a deal and that’s the reason for all the noise. However, as we all know, this has been the case, on and off, for more than 18 months. RD has moved the goalposts post-Wembley and even if they were to secure a deal with the ex-directors there is no guarantee he won’t move them again.
      I suspect it's more they're getting twitchy because we went up and there may be new interested parties with more clout.
    Who says? We don’t really know anything about their current structure or plan. 
    All seems to be fluid like RD and his ever moving goal posts 
  • To be honest it's fairly simple one, party has agreed a price for the club with clean title.

To be honest it's fairly simple one, party has agreed a price for the club with clean title.

The Aussies believe they are very close to a deal and that’s the reason for all the noise. However, as we all know, this has been the case, on and off, for more than 18 months. RD has moved the goalposts post-Wembley and even if they were to secure a deal with the ex-directors there is no guarantee he won’t move them again.
      I suspect it's more they're getting twitchy because we went up and there may be new interested parties with more clout.
    I think if that was all there Is to it then you wouldn’t have seen the same narrative on the official website from Duchatelet. 
    So Airman says the Aussies believe they are very close to a deal but they actually don’t have the money ? I’m not that bright but there seems to me to be a problem here.

I think if that was all there Is to it then you wouldn’t have seen the same narrative on the official website from Duchatelet. 
        Depends on how you read it I suppose.
    Could've been another come and get us plea.
  • Well I'm quite certain he thinks that & said that to my son an hour ago. If he's losing 50% he probably thinks they should too, or perhaps he feels if he's gonna lose £35M they should write it all off? 
    I wonder how much the ex-directors lost prior to these loans, should that be factored in? I believe Chapel lost circa £15M, and in a short space of time.
  • edited June 2019
    seth plum said:
    If the Australians take over I will be first in line for buying season tickets.
    Listen mate,
    Over the last two years they have spent too much time with their hands in their pockets ball tampering and will surely take us down, under the present "who's got 2 million to join our Aussie consortium" idea of taking over a football club.
    Aussie rules ok, but they seem stuck between a big rock and a hard place. We keep boomeranging  between the Ex directors loans and the high Price.
    Despite Duchatelet being a Drongo, he's outback and a recluse from the valley.
    Strewth this Sale of Charlton is taking longer than a roo on the hop from Sydney to Perth.
    G'day

• Sponsored links:

• I don't expect it's the Aussies themselves that want clean title I expect it's whoever is financing them 
  • edited June 2019
    JamesSeed said:
    Mr Seed i will be blunt,the loans tumour /spin is utter bollox ! They are to be paid back IF that's IF we ever get to the Prem. Again IF we ever get there then the amount to be repaid is tiny against the revenue that the Prem brings in. 

It's a lie by RD to DEFLECT from his own utter incompetent ownership and more so his totally unrealistic asking price.

At the moment I'm wondering if RD and the Aussies are just using you in their negotiations to spin their version of BOLLOX.

If the Aussies don't want to pay the loans ---then don't---fall back on the "Prem agreement". If it's a negotiating tool to get RD to lower the price by £5 million it ISN'T working.

It’s not a negotiating tool to get him to lower the price.
    Roland has raised the price. 
    James you have been saying for a long while and up until very recently, that GM will discuss with you nothing business related.

Yet barely a week later you are giving this board the impression that GM is telling you the ins and outs?

Which is it please ?

• Zzzzz
    Frustrating certainly but hardly Zzzzz
  • Zzzzz
    Frustration gets boring after 2 years mate
  • Zzzzz
    Frustration gets boring after 2 years mate
    The immediate and long term future of our football club is never boring.
  • Seems we are back to micro analysing details without anyone really knowing whether those details are the real issue or not. 

Weve been in a similar round to this about 6 or 7 times over the last two years. I’ve absolutely no idea why some people wrap themselves up so much in it. 
    Probably because many of us realise that just chanting “support the team” isn’t much use in the medium term unless the owner does so as well.
    Well, Bowyer and the team seemed to think that supporting the team was was of considerable use to them.I don't recall them commenting on the use of 17,000 pages of gossip and conjecture on a Charlton forum...
    I think we can all agree the owner is of little use at all.
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Mr Seed i will be blunt,the loans tumour /spin is utter bollox ! They are to be paid back IF that's IF we ever get to the Prem. Again IF we ever get there then the amount to be repaid is tiny against the revenue that the Prem brings in. 

It's a lie by RD to DEFLECT from his own utter incompetent ownership and more so his totally unrealistic asking price.

At the moment I'm wondering if RD and the Aussies are just using you in their negotiations to spin their version of BOLLOX.

If the Aussies don't want to pay the loans ---then don't---fall back on the "Prem agreement". If it's a negotiating tool to get RD to lower the price by £5 million it ISN'T working.

James you have been saying for a long while and up until very recently, that GM will discuss with you nothing business related.

Yet barely a week later you are giving this board the impression that GM is telling you the ins and outs?

Which is it please ?

The outs ;-)
    I would appreciate an honest answer, because otherwise it might appear that you are also part of this smoke & mirrors ploy.

(I'm not trying to be confrontational or aggressive. I'm just trying to understand whether you are being briefed by GM, when you have said you are not or whether you're making educated guesses).
    Keep up, CE; He's got another source who sometimes sends him info a few days before it appears on the OS.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redskin said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

Which is it please ?

The outs ;-)
    I would appreciate an honest answer, because otherwise it might appear that you are also part of this smoke & mirrors ploy.

(I'm not trying to be confrontational or aggressive. I'm just trying to understand whether you are being briefed by GM, when you have said you are not or whether you're making educated guesses).
    Keep up, CE; He's got another source who sometimes sends him info a few days before it appears on the OS.
    Yes I know that thanks, but I wondered if there was more than that.
    Mind you is the source GM ?
  • I am sceptical about the Directors’ Loans issue holding up the sale, given the sums involved in the greater scheme of things.

I can understand any purchaser and their financiers wanting ‘clean title’, although what’s to stop Duchatelet doing a deal with the directors who are prepared to do so and then purchasing a contingency policy in respect of the others, naming them/their estates as beneficiaries ? Underwriters would probably want a reasonably chunky premium but it would achieve certainty for all concerned.

Through all the fog, however, everything points back to the conclusion that the delay is simply down to Duchatelet’s unrealistic price.
  • But a price has been agreed !
  • But a price has been agreed !
    So we’re told - but has it ? If so, why are we still “stuck”, to adopt Roland’s terminology ?
  • Redskin said:
    Seems we are back to micro analysing details without anyone really knowing whether those details are the real issue or not. 

Weve been in a similar round to this about 6 or 7 times over the last two years. I’ve absolutely no idea why some people wrap themselves up so much in it. 
    Probably because many of us realise that just chanting “support the team” isn’t much use in the medium term unless the owner does so as well.
    Well, Bowyer and the team seemed to think that supporting the team was was of considerable use to them.I don't recall them commenting on the use of 17,000 pages of gossip and conjecture on a Charlton forum...
    Yes, in L1 where Charlton will always be competitive because about two thirds of the division are perennial strugglers. In the Championship that won’t cut it for very long, as a series of small clubs have found out.
  • Blucher said:
    But a price has been agreed !
    So we’re told - but has it ? If so, why are we still “stuck”, to adopt Roland’s terminology ?
    I think there is more than one source for that ?
  • When questioning sources and veracity be mindful that the only one really in the know is Alan Turing, and he's dead.
  • Redskin said:
    Seems we are back to micro analysing details without anyone really knowing whether those details are the real issue or not. 

Yes, in L1 where Charlton will always be competitive because about two thirds of the division are perennial strugglers. In the Championship that won’t cut it for very long, as a series of small clubs have found out.
    I think you may need to clarify this, because it reads that there is no point Charlton fans supporting the team above L1.
  • JamesSeed said:
    @Covered End

Fair enough. I’ve had a couple of conversations in recent days. Limited for the usual reasons. Also received more info from the other source.
    Hopefully we’re getting close to a resolution. 
    Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!