Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    van Gogh associated yellow with friendship and hope.
    Perfect ! :-)
  • Options
    Perfectly apt for this thread.

• Options
    cabbles said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Is there any reason why the interested parties wont go a bit more public? Not by walking around the ground in scarves on match day, but just to release a small statement to say something along the lines of 'we're in the mix and we hope to complete soon'. At least the fans would know there is something going on

The scarves were just an honest expression of their enthusiasm for the project, (days from what they thought was the completion).
    Muir also wanted to meet Charlton fans and get a sense of the atmosphere. Obviously they won’t do that again until the sale if it happens.

If they released a statement saying ‘we're in the mix and we hope to complete soon' they’d be widely ridiculed, unfortunately.

Damned if they do, damned if they don’t really.
    You're very good at putting people into groups mate ain't you. Getting a few people behind you, ridiculing the 'opposition', then playing the victim when you get a bit back.

My question wasn't a dig at anyone in particular, it was just to ask if there was a genuine reason why all the parties, with RD's say so, can't each put out small official statements** just to say they are involved, no more than that.

** Official Statement - Via their legal teams and not by walking round the ground with scarves on. Which also goes for any other buyer who might do it prematurely, in the future.
    What an extraordinary statement, particularly from a mod. How can you possibly extrapolate that from my comment above.

Firstly I didn’t say you were having a dig at all.

There have been comments above about the aggressive tone of some posts, and it’s worth bearing in mind that plain text can be read in different ways by different people depending on their mindset. But your post aimed at me can only be seen as aggressive mate.

Where have I put people into groups, and what groups are you referring to? Where have I ridiculed anybody? I was just giving my view of the scarf wearing, as have many others, but I don’t see you jumping down their throats.

One of the great things about CL is the way people use humour to diffuse situations. Perhaps you’ve misconstrued my attempts at humour as something else, I really don’t know. For example I said recently something like ‘does that get me off (or on?) the scapegoat list’. It was an attempt at humour, not trying to portray myself as a victim.

Of course people have a pop at each other here, but I don’t want to get involved.

I’m more than happy to get involved in an honest debate without malice, however.
    Assistant to the Mods, maybe
    Alright mate, don't rub it in, I do have feelings ya naa
  • Options
    No words of wisdom from JW today then?, anyone think he's gonna rock up at shrewsbury tomorrow and address his flock?? :wink:
  • Options
    This thead is now a data killer.
  • Options

qu'est-ce que c'est?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

qu'est-ce que c'est?
    Fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-far better
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

van Gogh associated yellow with friendship and hope.
    Perfect ! :-)

• Options

Which reminds me of this thread, people regurgitating the same old shit and arguments but expecting a different answer.

I refer to @Henry Irving WIOTOS

Best post of this entire thread.
    Meanwhile there is a important game at Shrewsbury Tommorrow
  • Options
    Wonder how many people in the Aussie and USA consortium?.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Wasn’t Duchâtelet taking lower bids for players for cash?
    Entirely possible he’ll take X for the club, but a lower price with future add ons for promotion etc.
    He clearly has never been in a hurry to sell. He probably enjoys making the Aussies and the Brits squirm.

[Edit: As I see others have said]

Douchebag's attitude to player sales is skewed by his delusion that players are interchangeable e.g. Konsa sold = no problem cos Naby is back, or Reza for Yann K!
    Douchebag's attitude to selling the club is skewed by his delusional fuckwittery, supreme arrogance and absolute ignorance of how football clubs operate, despite 7 or more years ownership of up to 6 clubs in 5 countries.
  • Options
    Additional information on Wednesday's fans forum.

Wednesday's meeting was attended by members of the Fans' Forum, club staff and Lieven De Turck (LDT), who is representing the club in takeover talks. LDT provided an update at the meeting and notes from this can be found here. Following the update, there was a Q&A session, notes from this session are below. The notes were produced by the club and approved by fan representatives who attended the meeting.

Notes

LDT confirmed for all the parties that have signed NDAs, the price is within a certain range. He said the range is because of negotiation, how they intend to pay, instalments, promotion bonds and the currency and other potential factors.

He was asked if suitability of the owners was important. LDT said prospective owners have to show good will that there is a future for Charlton Athletic.

LDT was asked if he had turned down a higher offer than the one agreed with the Australians, he said he hadn’t.

LDT was asked if he had met a group just before Christmas and if he had quoted a price over £70m. LDT said he had seen the rumours and he does not respond to rumours. LDT said he met with several parties but that no new NDA was signed before Christmas. He said that sensitive information (such as price) is communicated after an NDA is signed. LDT asked for the name of the party mentioned so he can reply.

LDT said Roland Duchatelet (RD) is willing to sell. He said the football is good. He said the club is in better financial condition than one year ago. He said January is a good time for a new buyer as they have a squad and a transfer window to operate.

LDT said as long as the deal is not completed, the club is run in the best possible means. Lee Bowyer (LB), Steve Gallen (SG) and Roland Duchatelet (RD) know what they need for the squad. At the moment they want a left back (since the meeting the club have completed the signing of left back Ben Purrington). He said LB and SG know what budget they have.

He was asked how much longer RD is prepared to fund the losses? LDT said RD is funding the club and he will do that as long as it is needed. LDT said one of his tasks is to let RD know when money is needed to ensure salaries, suppliers etc. are paid.

LDT was asked as the Australians had agreed a price but not delivered, if that is preventing other buyers getting involved at a cheaper price. LDT said that he has told the Australians that if/when they do takeover, they will have to explain why it took so long to takeover.

LDT was asked if 22 months after the first leak of Australian involvement, if there were serious doubts about their credibility as they have not completed a deal. LDT said he has only been at the club since last January and he does not have doubts about the group’s credibility.

LDT was asked about the range of prices. He was asked if someone comes in tomorrow, ready to deliver immediately at a lower price what would happen. LDT said he would go to RD.

LDT was asked why the Australians hadn’t progressed the deal if they thought the second party was close. LDT said he had said to them before “the second party is behind, hurry up”. LDT said “Maybe I’m not convincing enough”. Some of the Fans’ Forum questioned whether the second party existed.

One of the group mentioned that the fans had heard at takeover was imminent so much and are frustrated. LDT said as long as the takeover is not completed, he’s not happy.

LDT said the intensity is higher, going into January, with the parties involved, because they want to have an influence on squad building.

LDT was asked if Lee Bowyer is kept updated on the takeover. He said when something important happens LB will know.

LDT was asked if Richard Murray (RM) was part of the British group. LDT said RM knows them but he’s not involved.

LDT was asked if there were any issues with ex-director loans in the deals. He said there are no issues holding up the sale with the ex-director loans. He said RD bought the club with the loans in place, so it is perfectly possible to buy the club with that in place and the club can be sold with those in place.

LDT was asked about players out of contract. He said SG is looking after that. He said SG to attend for next FF.

The next Fans' Forum is set for February 20th.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c387e7649e72/notes-from-wednesdays-fans-forum-qa
  • Options
    edited January 2019

JamesSeed said:

Wasn’t Duchâtelet taking lower bids for players for cash?
    Entirely possible he’ll take X for the club, but a lower price with future add ons for promotion etc.
    He clearly has never been in a hurry to sell. He probably enjoys making the Aussies and the Brits squirm.

[Edit: As I see others have said]

Douchebag's attitude to player sales is skewed by his delusion that players are interchangeable e.g. Konsa sold = no problem cos Naby is back, or Reza for Yann K!
    Douchebag's attitude to selling the club is skewed by his delusional fuckwittery, supreme arrogance and absolute ignorance of how football clubs operate, despite 7 or more years ownership of up to 6 clubs in 5 countries.
    Love it. Absolute mastery of the English language. And makes sense too.
  • Options

LDT was asked if he had met a group just before Christmas and if he had quoted a price over £70m. LDT said he had seen the rumours and he does not respond to rumours. LDT said he met with several parties but that no new NDA was signed before Christmas. He said that sensitive information (such as price) is communicated after an NDA is signed. LDT asked for the name of the party mentioned so he can reply.

He did deny, after me asking 5 or 6 times, that events described or anything like them had taken place.

Otherwise on first read that is a far summary of what was said and I think tallies with my report.

You could have posted it a bit quicker mate.

;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2019

My view on Aussie Vs Brit is

I think the old Aussie package was shite but the new one with the new investment is probably a lot better and more likely in its current form , according to all the noises more likely to get over the line (not first but seems to have changed a bit ) which means there’s probably a lot more bunce and football know how involved with the deal , this has to be good for us long term and maybe could be the better solution of the two

The British one has me thinking and I can’t remember who said it but they are just as culpable as the old Aussie bid if they’ve been around for just as long why haven’t they completed are they just dicking around as well so many questions still unanswered on what is today the third time we have supposed to have had news

I don't believe the British one is serious - probably just there to try to push the Aussies. It makes sense one might be dragging their feet, but two! Can't see it.

Not sure why price needs to be sensitive. Things that are being sold have a price!
  • Options

I think the old Aussie package was shite but the new one with the new investment is probably a lot better and more likely in its current form , according to all the noises more likely to get over the line (not first but seems to have changed a bit ) which means there’s probably a lot more bunce and football know how involved with the deal , this has to be good for us long term and maybe could be the better solution of the two

The British one has me thinking and I can’t remember who said it but they are just as culpable as the old Aussie bid if they’ve been around for just as long why haven’t they completed are they just dicking around as well so many questions still unanswered on what is today the third time we have supposed to have had news

Roland.
  • Options

He did deny, after me asking 5 or 6 times, that events described or anything like them had taken place.

Otherwise on first read that is a far summary of what was said and I think tallies with my report.

No doubt he should not have made the denial when pressed and they are now ensuring that the official version of events eradicates that faux pas. I bet he's had his arse kicked by Uncle Roly.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Interesting @nth london addick

So D, is your change of view on the Aussies a hunch or based on something you've been told?

I still think the reason the Brits and Aussies haven't closed the deal is the terms/price.

Finally, what happens first - the takeover or you get your van, and our keys back. We need those keys to protect valuable items like these.imageimage
  • Options

So D, is your change of view on the Aussies a hunch or based on something you've been told?

I still think the reason the Brits and Aussies haven't closed the deal is the terms/price.

Finally, what happens first - the takeover or you get your van, and our keys back. We need those keys to protect valuable items like these.

Hopefully that bloody van will be back soon trust me I miss it more than you

Sometimes opinions can change based on many things
  • Options

Roland.
    I don’t agree there had to be more to it

The old Aussie deal was not funded correctly (has no money) trust me I know that and it’s been proven because they never completed so it’s old hat

The new one we are led to believe has the money ( I believe that ) hence its now moving along again

The British one has to have had its own complex’s and complications it has to have had otherwise it would’ve completed in the time it took the aussies to get their shit together

Rolands a cnut we all know it we all know there’s blame to be attributed there

I don’t believe for 1 min and never did that the amount he wants is 50 mil

I was in a room where RM and others were when someone who was serious about bringing a consortium to the table and the number 50 mil was mentioned and all laughed to a man so it was not a serious figure but a conversation starting point

I reckon that all parties have agreed a fee between 30-40 mil

But he wants to sell and the price HAS been Agreed with both parties and had been agreed last year I don’t doubt that at all

So it’s not price and it’s not to be squared solely at the door of RD with any certainty so imo

Both bids have lacked something and had their own issues

Hopefully these are now nearly resolved and something can happen soon
    I think that's the most positivity we've heard from you for a long time, nla.

That, alone, gives me a great deal of hope.

Reminds me of something as teenagers with their virginity intact, we used to joke....

Whatever else you lose, don't lose hope.

:wink:
  • Options

Finally, what happens first - the takeover or you get your van, and our keys back. We need those keys to protect valuable items like these.

Hopefully that bloody van will be back soon trust me I miss it more than you

Sometimes opinions can change based on many things
    I think whoever does your van recovery is also managing the takeover : - )

I'm sure you miss it more than we do the key. Those bloody lids are so heavy you could break your wrist lifting them.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    @nth london addick

If you have a good source that gives you reason to have more faith that these 'new' Aussies have funds hat the old one didn't, then I wonder why you think that these new Aussies have not moved to submit all the required paperwork to the EFL?

the importance of the question is this: even if they submit the papers on Monday, there is not a cat in hell's chance the deal will go through before the transfer window closes. There is no reason why the EFL will fast track such an application. They've got 71 other clubs' matters to take care of.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!