Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• They said on the radio,
    Peter
    Kenyon looking to sell shares in his consortium for Newcastle for £1M each
  • edited January 2019
    Scoham said:

Scoham said:

If takeover doesn't go through and we don't miraculously get promotion then who will want to be here next season?

Sarr and Pratley
    You love a scapegoat......a totally predictable post coming from you.
    You never miss a chance to diss someone........it’s strange obsession fella?

Really @SoundAsa£? You sure you’re not mixing me up with someone else?

They’re two of very few players still under contract for next season. Pratley’s coming towards the end of his career and Sarr is likely on a good wage given he signed back in 2014.
    Possibly.....but I thought you were digging out Pratley on the last match thread....if I’m mistaken please accept my apologies.

• Addickted said:

What doesn't make any sense is that there is a British bid that hasn't done anything. You can explain one party holding off, but not two.

There is 100% a 'British' bid for the Club, which has been accepted by Duchatalet.

I have no idea why they haven't advanced it to completion, hence the speculation that the bid has come from an owner of an existing Club, like Ashley. To be honest that seems more believable than what the Aussies have been doing for the last 18 months.

Are they still begging round the city for investors?
  • I think a lot of fans have already decided what the issues are and because the hard information coming out of this meeting, from White and elsewhere is limited and opaque they are engaging in confirmation bias.

If you think it's Ashley then the info from last night points to it being Ashley.

If you think it was leaked to White to hurry up the Brits then the info points to that.

Same for most of the other theories.

We don't have enough pieces of the puzzle to be able to work out what the picture is.

Many of the theories, old and new, are plausible but that doesn't make them true.

But neither can they be proved false. Hence we go over the same ground.

Reckon you should re post this every 5 pages...
  • rikofold said:

I think a lot of fans have already decided what the issues are and because the hard information coming out of this meeting, from White and elsewhere is limited and opaque they are engaging in confirmation bias.

If you think it's Ashley then the info from last night points to it being Ashley.

If you think it was leaked to White to hurry up the Brits then the info points to that.

Same for most of the other theories.

We don't have enough pieces of the puzzle to be able to work out what the picture is.

Many of the theories, old and new, are plausible but that doesn't make them true.

But neither can they be proved false. Hence we go over the same ground.

Reckon you should re post this every 5 pages...
    Anything to annoy @sillav nitram and @AFKABartram

And bump the page count

#teamWIOTOS
  • Who was the 5 millionth viewer, and does he/she get a prize?
  • Yes 5m (Five million) views.

Greatest thread of all time

Although admin will try to claim the numbers rounded up.

#teamWIOTOS
  • #TeamWIOTOS
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019
    Addickted said:

What doesn't make any sense is that there is a British bid that hasn't done anything. You can explain one party holding off, but not two.

There is 100% a 'British' bid for the Club, which has been accepted by Duchatalet.

I have no idea why they haven't advanced it to completion, hence the speculation that the bid has come from an owner of an existing Club, like Ashley. To be honest that seems more believable than what the Aussies have been doing for the last 18 months.

I accept there may be, but I don't see how we can be sure if we don't even know who is behind it. Just trying to piece things together in a way they make some sense. That doesn't mean they are pieced together even remotely correctly.
  • Scoham said:

Scoham said:

If takeover doesn't go through and we don't miraculously get promotion then who will want to be here next season?

Sarr and Pratley
    You love a scapegoat......a totally predictable post coming from you.
    You never miss a chance to diss someone........it’s strange obsession fella?

Really @SoundAsa£? You sure you’re not mixing me up with someone else?

They’re two of very few players still under contract for next season. Pratley’s coming towards the end of his career and Sarr is likely on a good wage given he signed back in 2014.
    Possibly.....but I thought you were digging out Pratley on the last match thread....if I’m mistaken please accept my apologies.

Don’t think I said anything other than he should have come off at half time, we had Williams and Clarke on the bench who offer more in attack. I wouldn’t call that scapegoating or digging a player out, they get far worse comments than that.
  • Think you are piecing together different potentially interested parties SHG

Yes, I have no info that Usmanov got a sale document with a £70m price tag. And he got it back in late Sept early Oct, I believe. I think the confusion comes because Airman posted his info in a reply to mine, but I didn't understand that he believed this was for Usmanov.

According to LdT sensitive information such as price is only communicated once an NDA is signed. Ie it’s not in the sale document. Assuming Usmanov’s interest ceased after reading the sale document and before signing an NDA and therefore being quoted a price, I wonder what he saw in the sale document that he didn’t like and is that what is causing the Aussies and British consortiums to not push to a purchase.
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:

Well LB and the players are doing their best to promote the club and make them more attractive to purchasers. Shame the owner can't do the same.

To be fair, he has backed Bows so far this January and let’s see who else comes through the door. (and maybe out).

Or is it window that they come through that then slams shut?
  • Im still buying my lottery tickets.If i win the lotto the boss(my misses)has agreed i can buy the club as long as its less than £70million. I will wait till its definate before i put my CAFC scarf on.
  • So this is going to be very unpopular.

If Duchatelet is going to run the club with the current or slightly improved budget, and let Bowyer and Gallen get in with it, could be worse.
  • So this is going to be very unpopular.

If Duchatelet is going to run the club with the current or slightly improved budget, and let Bowyer and Gallen get in with it, could be worse.

Needs to get some contract offers on the table for half the squad
  • Can any thread on any forum, including the biggest teams in the country beat that?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!