Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Fumbluff said:

I reckon White’s info is coming from the person brokering the deal. Keith Harris?

Aren’t we just going around in circles here?
  • Were there any "faces" in the Directors' Box today that might give us a clue re possible investors ?
  • Millwall Mgrs past and present
    Curbs

• Were there any "faces" in the Directors' Box today that might give us a clue re possible investors ?

Well @ForeverAddickted told me there was a Kangeroo, but I couldnt see it

Well @ForeverAddickted told me there was a Kangeroo, but I couldnt see it
    It was the one with the boxing gloves on mate :wink: .
  • Sponsored links:

• So we have a geezer on the tele walking down Floyd Road telling whoever who confronts him that Charlton are being sold next week.

F*** me!

And people are lapping it up making white sound more like an attention whore than a decent journo

People I trust that have long-standing associations with the club all to a man (either well prepped) or just down right sensible said approach with caution we have been here before . Nothing is done till it’s done and nothing is done right now
    To be fair the bloke was wearing a hat to make himself less obvious and all he was doing was engaging openly with people who spotted him and asked him questions. He knows it isn’t done yet.
    Not according to comments I have seen and read that have been attributed to him

Stating dates and hrs in some instances

Granted he had a hat on and was just walking to the game but he does love the attention and the lights on him
    No doubt he enjoys being a celebrity in football reporting terms, but everything is amplified through social media. In my experience of him he’s a genuine person and happy to chat to anyone.
    Bloody good snookerist an all
  • Chizz said:

Quite a few important people in the West Stand today.

Bella Emberg, Would Ya, cor blimey wot a looka?
  • So we have a geezer on the tele walking down Floyd Road telling whoever who confronts him that Charlton are being sold next week.

F*** me!

And people are lapping it up making white sound more like an attention whore than a decent journo

People I trust that have long-standing associations with the club all to a man (either well prepped) or just down right sensible said approach with caution we have been here before . Nothing is done till it’s done and nothing is done right now
    To be fair the bloke was wearing a hat to make himself less obvious and all he was doing was engaging openly with people who spotted him and asked him questions. He knows it isn’t done yet.
    Not according to comments I have seen and read that have been attributed to him

Stating dates and hrs in some instances

Granted he had a hat on and was just walking to the game but he does love the attention and the lights on him
    No doubt he enjoys being a celebrity in football reporting terms, but everything is amplified through social media. In my experience of him he’s a genuine person and happy to chat to anyone.
    I think you have hit the nail on the head with your last post.
    He enjoys the job he’s paid to do and is happy to speculate and make broad believable statements that will create a good deal of interest for a short while.
    If he is right and we do get taken over next week he looks good and credible without putting a lot of flesh on the bones of his scoop. If the take over does not happen next his story will only be remembered by us Charlton supporters, and we will forget in time.

If we were a bigger club being taken over there would be none of this Chinese whispers and I know a secret crap. The names would be all over the media and Internet but in our latest take over rumour there is a Talksport presenter saying not much apart from what we all know, the club will be taken over. Of course it will be taken over at some point, the owner has stated he wants out. All that White has done is put the story out there and let the Internet put names to his story and some of them have been in jest, these being quoted for real now.

Of course I could be wrong but this thread started literally years ago and has 4.8m views, we still in the same place as the beginning.
  • He said it was done, I believe he used the word certain, it's the back tracking that worries me.

I'm afraid this is a ploy to get the 'old aussies' to hurry things along, I think the 'old aussies' could well end up being worse than RD, at least with RD we have zero risk of being put into admin.
  • He said it was done, I believe he used the word certain, it's the back tracking that worries me.

I'm afraid this is a ploy to get the 'old aussies' to hurry things along, I think the 'old aussies' could well end up being worse than RD, at least with RD we have zero risk of being put into admin.

Thats the thing that worries me.

Remember before RD when we had MS and TJ, we were all delighted when they sold thinking u cant get worse and we got worse in RD.

Surely even Charlton cant have 3 pathetic owners in a row
  • Chizz said:

Just to the right of Curbs - Robert Smith of the Cure?
  • edited January 2019
    aliwibble said:

Chizz said:

Really? I'm a big fan of The Cure and vaguely remember he supports QPR.

It's possible though.
  • Curbs was there with his son
    Joe Gomez came to watch today
    Mick McCarthy was there to watch McGeady
  • Fumbluff said:

I reckon White’s info is coming from the person brokering the deal. Keith Harris?

I wish I could fly right up to the sky but I can't

You can Orville

I can't whilst I've got your hand up my arse!
  • Sponsored links:

• I heard today it was 90% done which isn't a done deal

Heard the same. That is what senior staff within the club are saying.

Agree with you @charltonnick 90% is not done.

Deals are either 0% or 100% done.

WIOTOS
  • aliwibble said:

Chizz said:

Really? I'm a big fan of The Cure and vaguely remember he supports QPR.

It's possible though.
    *grin* Sorry Jessie I wasn't suggesting it as a serious option, just thinking that he looked a bit like him. And now I'm trying to think of which Cure song would be most appropriate for this thread. In Between Days maybe?

"Go on, go on, just walk away,
    Go on, go on, your choice is made
    Go on, go on and disappear
    Go on, go on away from here"

would work quite well as a message from most of us to Roland (we won't mention the words to the second chorus :smiley: )
  • My hopes are dying down
  • 90% done is no better then 0% done, someone can still change their minds and it’s off.
  • Rothko said:

90% done is no better then 0% done, someone can still change their minds and it’s off.

Absolutely and with Roland he could easily wake up this morning and decide to call the deal off, double the price or sell a player.

He is irrational.
  • I love it. It’s the hope that gets you. Every time.
    Meanwhile it’s turning into a spoof of a Carlsberg advert.
    “If Charlton did Takeovers it would be a right ‘kin pantomime.”
    But one day it IS going to happen :+1:
  • Fumbluff said:

I wish I could fly right up to the sky but I can't

You can Orville

I can't whilst I've got your hand up my arse!
    In that picture I don't think it's his hand up Orville's arse.....
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!