Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I now know that Jim has a very credible source and whatever has gone on in the past this takeover bid is serious. His source is NOT someone in the Aussie camp so whatever has come from them in the past can be discounted. The fact his source isn’t RD - as I originally assumed it might be - also puts to bed the idea he is being played by RD.

The gossip from within The Valley today is that it is NOT Gerard Murphy’s consortium involved, but that could still be a bluff.

Expect more news early in the week although whether it will be decisive I don’t know. I am hopeful but we are still dealing with a nutter.

When you saying we're still dealing with a nutter do you mean Roland / the potential new owner or someone else?
    When you don’t know who the nutter everyone is talking about is. It’s probably you.

Oh Im without doubt a nutter... I support Charlton
  • Chizz said:

I thought White said last week that his info came from the Aussie side?

It's entirely possible that Jim White's information came from an Aussie consortium, but not Gerard Murphy’s consortium.
    It doesn’t come from the potential buyers.
    Wait a minute! If we can confirm that Jim White's information *doesn't* come from the potential buyers, that's really big news.

Because it means that, if we can find out who the informant is, we will have identified - for the first time, EVER - someone who isn't involved in buying the club.

So stick that in your pipe, LdT. We'll have crossed one name off your potential buyers' list, ahead of the Fans' Forum. One down, several billion to go.
  • I now know that Jim has a very credible source and whatever has gone on in the past this takeover bid is serious. His source is NOT someone in the Aussie camp so whatever has come from them in the past can be discounted. The fact his source isn’t RD - as I originally assumed it might be - also puts to bed the idea he is being played by RD.

The gossip from within The Valley today is that it is NOT Gerard Murphy’s consortium involved, but that could still be a bluff.

Expect more news early in the week although whether it will be decisive I don’t know. I am hopeful but we are still dealing with a nutter.

To be clear are you saying that you have spoken directly with Jim White to learn this or a different source?

I ask as this conflicts with James Seeds tweet that Gerard Murphy still involved.

• edited January 2019

I reckon White’s info is coming from the person brokering the deal. Keith Harris?

Aren’t we just going around in circles here?
  • barstool said:

It’s like a game of Cluedo..White in the west stand pot holes being bugged by Mr Brown

Charlton fans in The Valley being screwed by Duchatelet.
  • Roland won't like someone he is paying ie the broker or agent to disclose a confidence before the deal is done
  • I reckon White’s info is coming from the person brokering the deal. Keith Harris?

I knew it !

That Orville could never keep his beak shut !
  • Sponsored links:

• I reckon White’s info is coming from the person brokering the deal. Keith Harris?

I knew it !

That Orville could never keep his beak shut !
    So this is why we're being shat on from above

More like Rolf Harris
  • Now at 4.8m views.

• edited January 2019
    barstool said:

It’s like a game of Cluedo..White in the west stand pot holes being bugged by Mr Brown

I'm going for Dick Plumb in the dog house :wink:

ps miss you Richard.
  • Soros in the museum with a cheque
  • Assuming we are taken over the real proof of the new owners I think of whether it's a meaningful step forward is where we stand with transfers ins and outs and what happens with Bowyer. The only obvious reason for completing a deal now and at no other time is to take advantage of the transfer window.

I am as much interested in the whole of January and not just the outcome of next week.

So let's be optimistic genuine positive intent exists.
  • Sponsored links:

To be clear are you saying that you have spoken directly with Jim White to learn this or a different source?

I ask as this conflicts with James Seeds tweet that Gerard Murphy still involved.

I’ve spoken to JW. What GM is saying is that they haven’t withdrawn their interest. That’s not the same as saying his is the party JW is talking about.

I’ve now heard twice it’s not GM, from different places, but there is no clarity on that from JW and I can’t offer any more than I have.
    Thanks. An interesting development given the general level of disdain for the LDT updates of multiple interested parties..
  • Place your bets as to whether Weds' FF meeting will take place now.
  • Place your bets as to whether Weds' FF meeting will take place now.

Complicated childcare arrangment so it better go ahead

:D
  • edited January 2019

I heard today it was 90% done which isn't a done deal

Yep! Everything but the signature and the money and the commitment and possibly, a buyer. Other than that, pretty much a done deal.
  • So are we now thinking that although this “new” group is still fronted by Australians that it’s not the Australians we thought it was ?
  • So we have a geezer on the tele walking down Floyd Road telling whoever who confronts him that Charlton are being sold next week.

F*** me!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!