Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I'm hanging on for the announcement. Assuming it's a 'no cash, no debt' takeover, whether RD gets the cash from ticket sales today depends on a date in the agreement, not necessarily the date OF the agreement.
  • Scoham said:

liked the look of Williams. I thought morgan was superb. I thought they showed a level of character and fight not seen since 2013 and that Cardiff game. it's that spirit that gives us a chance. autos will be tough, but this is a team that could go on a run and .. could win the playoffs. Proper Charlton fighters and... supremely talented. I'm.not sure I have seen a forward as dominant as Taylor in charlton colours.

In recent years Yann?
    Totally different players. Yann never spent time as a winger. Both came to Cafc at 28 and are/were major players.
    Bournemouth got the best out of Yann by playing him as a number 10 and playing the ball to him on the ground.
  • shirty5 said:

Chizz said:

Did Jim White give any indication as to when the 72 hours is supposed to start?

3 days before the end of the transfer window
    He will give 72hrs notice before the 72hrs starts
  • Fumbluff said:

Neil Harris at the game today will he make a bid for our Lyle Taylor? Could Roland still be able to sell our prized asset ?

Anyone that knows anything about football would know that Millwall couldn’t afford the transfer fee that Lyle would attract.
    However with old shit-teeth still in charge it’s a worry, I’m not gonna lie...
    Roland takes cash upfront and doesn't care about transfer fees. Look how cheap we've sold off better players than Taylor.
  • Chizz said:

My interpretation of Bowyer's comments is that he's more interested in getting his job done than worrying about the things he can't influence - like a potential takeover. And that's exactly how it should be.

The opposite of Karl Robinson then
  • edited January 2019
    Chizz said:

Did Jim White give any indication as to when the 72 hours is supposed to start?

3 days before the takeover is finalised.
  • Chizz said:

My interpretation of Bowyer's comments is that he's more interested in getting his job done than worrying about the things he can't influence - like a potential takeover. And that's exactly how it should be.

To be fair, he’s always said that, “I can only change what I can change” or some such wisdom.
    It’s better to be blinkered I’d imagine...
  • Sponsored links:

• I keep remembering the scarves at Shrewsbury home play off.
    I have no expectation that this will happen.
    There is a sense of frenzy, but bits of clarity elude us. I am not trying not to build my hopes, because they are not building anyway.
  • I thought White said last week that his info came from the Aussie side?
  • edited January 2019

I thought White said last week that his info came from the Aussie side?

He has said there are Aussies involved with major American money - the source is neither nationality. I can’t add anything to that.
  • I’ll be fuming if I’ve broken cover too early, bought tickets to the Accrington game today - haven’t been to The Valley for 3 years but wanted to be back as soon as Roland went!

Bow and the players appreciate your support.

He has said there are Aussies involved with major American money - the source is neither nationality.
    Belgian or Moroccan?
    Reggae reggae
  • I now know that Jim has a very credible source and whatever has gone on in the past this takeover bid is serious. His source is NOT someone in the Aussie camp so whatever has come from them in the past can be discounted. The fact his source isn’t RD - as I originally assumed it might be - also puts to bed the idea he is being played by RD.

The gossip from within The Valley today is that it is NOT Gerard Murphy’s consortium involved, but that could still be a bluff.

Expect more news early in the week although whether it will be decisive I don’t know. I am hopeful but we are still dealing with a nutter.

When you saying we're still dealing with a nutter do you mean Roland / the potential new owner or someone else?

It's entirely possible that Jim White's information came from an Aussie consortium, but not Gerard Murphy’s consortium.
  • Sponsored links:

• Americans ...Could it be Philip Anschutz and the AEG people again?
  • Chizz said:

It's entirely possible that Jim White's information came from an Aussie consortium, but not Gerard Murphy’s consortium.
    It doesn’t come from the potential buyers.
  • I now know that Jim has a very credible source and whatever has gone on in the past this takeover bid is serious. His source is NOT someone in the Aussie camp so whatever has come from them in the past can be discounted. The fact his source isn’t RD - as I originally assumed it might be - also puts to bed the idea he is being played by RD.

The gossip from within The Valley today is that it is NOT Gerard Murphy’s consortium involved, but that could still be a bluff.

Expect more news early in the week although whether it will be decisive I don’t know. I am hopeful but we are still dealing with a nutter.

When you saying we're still dealing with a nutter do you mean Roland / the potential new owner or someone else?
    Roland.
  • I just don't get how
    1) Jim White has got this info.
    2) he hasn't let slip who they are
    3) others haven't heard the same info or are also keeping tight lipped.

What I'm saying is that if Motormouth Jim White knows others would know. The odds on that keeping hush would be pretty low wouldn't it?
  • Chizz said:

It doesn’t come from the potential buyers.
    From the EFL then?
  • Swisdom said:

Americans ...Could it be Philip Anschutz and the AEG people again?

That be nice seeing he owns LA Galaxy so got Zlatan Ibrahimovic over there so wouldnt be afraid of buying
  • I reckon White’s info is coming from the person brokering the deal. Keith Harris?
  • I reckon White’s info is coming from the person brokering the deal. Keith Harris?

What makes you think that?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!