Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    "I'm the bad guy? How'd that happen?"
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

The fact that GM’s family may or may not have issues with uprooting themselves again to move back to the U.K. to me is info that doesn’t need to be shared here.
    As I said it won’t affect the sale of the club.
    If the family moves he’ll be CEO. If not they’ll appoint one. How is that a problem.

I wouldn’t want info about (alleged) family difficulties shared on the internet when it’s not in the public interest.

Elf joined in with personal untrue defamatory attacks on me on another site. After weeks and weeks of really personal abuse the main perpetrator eventually issued a full apology and removed material. (I also secured a donation to the Upbeats.)
    I was really struggling with it, losing sleep, getting stressed (as some of you noticed at the time) but was saved by a lawyer friend who pointed out that it was a very straightforward case of defamation. I was accused of being a decrepit lifelong Millwall fan who had decided to cash in on his family name in order to draw traffic to a ‘clickbait’ blog. My meetings and knowledge of Gerard was for a time apparently a fabrication (or ‘bollox’ as Elf described it) and I was a ‘prick’, a habitual liar, and a narcissist. Someone in this site alerted me to this stuff, and I joined the forum in order to deny the ‘claims’. I found Elfs on there reporting back to this character like a loyal foot soldier (the perpetrator is banned from here and other forums). He was and is clearly in thrall to the man. He still has digs at me to this day.
    And all this started about the time of my beer meeting with Gerard.
    If anyone has seen my blog they’ll know that there’s never been an ad on it.
    There are posters on here that know me and I hope they’ll back me up as a decent bloke.
    The fact that some have said Elfs is ok just shows what the internet can do to someone.

It was always going to be problematic posting on Internet forums, and this is obviously the best one for me to use as it’s well run and the vast majority of you on here are great people.

I stuck with it when the abuse started, and Elfs and others would love it if I quit now.

It’s difficult to keep going though when the same issues seem to keep coming back to haunt me.

@JamesSeed, I don't know you but I am sure you only have good intentions. The problem appears to be that you over react if somebody disagrees with you or says something you don't like.

I might be wrong but I thought I had read that you are standing for a position in the trust soon.

I have to say that I am not convinced that will be a good move if you find it difficult to accept criticism withou having to make such rude retorts.
    Rude retorts? Would you like a list of elfs comments about me?

I very kindly was asked to stand for the Trust but eventually decided not to. My following Charlton was originally just a family thing. I only became a ‘proper fan’ in 2015, and that’s not long enough imho.
    Also I’ve literally just started writing my book (been researching on and off) so won’t have enough time time.

Before I go, this wasn’t a matter of developing a thick skin, or banter or rude comments. Certainly not differences of opinion.

Proper trolling is very very different to that.
    Its normally associated with kids, but when it affect adults there’s a tendency not to take it seriously.
    It should be.
    There's really no need to get so wound. Take a deep breath. Elfs is a good guy and I doubt very much he would have said anything with the intent to cause friction.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

The fact that GM’s family may or may not have issues with uprooting themselves again to move back to the U.K. to me is info that doesn’t need to be shared here.
    As I said it won’t affect the sale of the club.
    If the family moves he’ll be CEO. If not they’ll appoint one. How is that a problem.

I wouldn’t want info about (alleged) family difficulties shared on the internet when it’s not in the public interest.

Elf joined in with personal untrue defamatory attacks on me on another site. After weeks and weeks of really personal abuse the main perpetrator eventually issued a full apology and removed material. (I also secured a donation to the Upbeats.)
    I was really struggling with it, losing sleep, getting stressed (as some of you noticed at the time) but was saved by a lawyer friend who pointed out that it was a very straightforward case of defamation. I was accused of being a decrepit lifelong Millwall fan who had decided to cash in on his family name in order to draw traffic to a ‘clickbait’ blog. My meetings and knowledge of Gerard was for a time apparently a fabrication (or ‘bollox’ as Elf described it) and I was a ‘prick’, a habitual liar, and a narcissist. Someone in this site alerted me to this stuff, and I joined the forum in order to deny the ‘claims’. I found Elfs on there reporting back to this character like a loyal foot soldier (the perpetrator is banned from here and other forums). He was and is clearly in thrall to the man. He still has digs at me to this day.
    And all this started about the time of my beer meeting with Gerard.
    If anyone has seen my blog they’ll know that there’s never been an ad on it.
    There are posters on here that know me and I hope they’ll back me up as a decent bloke.
    The fact that some have said Elfs is ok just shows what the internet can do to someone.

It was always going to be problematic posting on Internet forums, and this is obviously the best one for me to use as it’s well run and the vast majority of you on here are great people.

I stuck with it when the abuse started, and Elfs and others would love it if I quit now.

It’s difficult to keep going though when the same issues seem to keep coming back to haunt me.

@JamesSeed, I don't know you but I am sure you only have good intentions. The problem appears to be that you over react if somebody disagrees with you or says something you don't like.

I might be wrong but I thought I had read that you are standing for a position in the trust soon.

I have to say that I am not convinced that will be a good move if you find it difficult to accept criticism withou having to make such rude retorts.
    Rude retorts? Would you like a list of elfs comments about me?

I very kindly was asked to stand for the Trust but eventually decided not to. My following Charlton was originally just a family thing. I only became a ‘proper fan’ in 2015, and that’s not long enough imho.
    Also I’ve literally just started writing my book (been researching on and off) so won’t have enough time time.

Before I go, this wasn’t a matter of developing a thick skin, or banter or rude comments. Certainly not differences of opinion.

Proper trolling is very very different to that.
    Its normally associated with kids, but when it affect adults there’s a tendency not to take it seriously.
    It should be.
    There's really no need to get so wound. Take a deep breath. Elfs is a good guy and I doubt very much he would have said anything with the intent to cause friction.
    Really. lol
  • Options

....imagine how I feel every time someone one here digs up my past and drones on about my spell in the shop up next to Grove Park BR Station and that fact that I had a kidney transplant and live in France, between Limoges and Brive?

It's life at the top mate and we just grow a thick skin to it

Wait? You had a shop in Grove Park?
    WTF?
    Why have we not been told this before now?
  • Options
    edited August 2018

So.

Is there actually any takeover news on the takeover thread?

Jesus, Mary & Joseph! Is this what Eastenders is like?

I think page 10 had a bit and also page 329 mentioned something about a Scottish bloke!

However, if you want to improve your knowledge on all things fish this is the plaice for you!
  • Options

great word numbskull it should be used more

Agreed. It's right up there with "Berk" in the realms of underused terms.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hi, anything happening? No thought not, never any drama on here.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

If the Aussies outbid the Saudis (which I don't believe) and the Saudis found out they had been outbid, they could only have acquired that information from the seller. (Why would the Aussies tell the Saudis?)

So, in that light, perhaps there are two alternative reasons the Saudis chose to back away.

1. The oft-promulgated posit is that they walked away because they had been outbid by a financially unbeatable consortium. A group of Saudi businessmen, we are asked to believe, found that a bid for the club was trumped by another party, with whom they were financially unable to compete. And they reacted by disappearing, licking their wounds. And we are asked to accept this as a plausible explanation and to cast a shadow over the Aussies.

2. The unexplored version of this is a bit different. The Saudis bid for the club. Roland solicited a counter bid from another party (the Aussies). Roland went back to the Saudis to seek another counter. At which time the Saudis, expecting a deal to be completed with due respect and professionalism, walked away. Roland disclosed privileged information (ie the other party's bid) and the Saudis decided against dealing with a business leader unable or unwilling to adhere to non-disclosure requirements.

I don't know if either of these is true. And I don't honestly think either is true. But, if pushed, I would say that 1 is less plausible than 2.

We've been fed a story that is intended to put the Aussies in a bad light. I still don't buy it.

What story have we been fed? Why would the Aussies be put in a bad light?
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

So.

Scene 1. Cue EastEnders intro music and Mao of the Thames moving over the valley and stop.

James seed: They are all trying to do me up like a kipper.

Elf's: what's a kipper?

James seed: it's a fish that's been smoked to death. A bit like a beagle.

Elf's: you slaaaag, I like fish.

James seed: I'm not gonna take that, the fish was already dead, you numbskull.

Solidgone: argh (falls down the stairwell). Cue Eastender music.
    Which one is played by Barbara Windsor?
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

This forum never ceases to amaze me.

At least we know how to get more info about GM now though. Keep putting out silly rumours Colin-style until Mr. Seed overreacts and confirms them..

I’m not confirming them. I haven’t heard that they’re not moving here.

I just feel very uneasy about this family stuff being shared, which is why I haven’t done so.

NLA, haven’t you even read Grapevine’s post?
    It's not really got a lot to do with you though has it. You don't run this forum, you didn't post the "personal" info and you're not GM.
    There are lots of personal GM related info I haven’t revealed on here because it wouldn’t have been right imho, including the family’s difficult decision about uprooting themselves again. I personally feel uneasy about this been spread, as a friend of his family, so in that sense it has got something to do with me, which is why I asked Shirty to delete it right after he posted it. But of course I don’t run this forum, but while I’m still here I’m entitled to ask someone to delete something, just as he’s perfectly entitled to refuse. If you can’t see that then I’d be disappointed.
    But if Colin has put the info out on another forum then it would have spread anyway I suppose.
  • Options
    I’ve kept this to myself for a long time but it’s about time you all know...

I AM ITK!

I’ll tell you when it’s all gonna happen... for now relax & have a drink...
  • Options
    Come on people this has gone on for 3 pages, can you all just let it drop
  • Options
    Razil said there are two different offers and both have been accepted.

If that's the case then I doubt the Aussies outbid any Saudis.

The Australians seem to be Roland's insurance policy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The reason JamesSeed got so emotional, is because he's been caught out withholding information.
    This MIGHT have contributed to the 3 month takeover delay.
    James has told us on so many occasions, that he has shared all he knows and we know as much as him.
    It was obviously not true, even if he does regard the information as personal.
    It isn't, not in terms of data protection.

.....Is because I’ve been ‘caught out!?’ Not true at all. In the past I’ve said I’ve revealed everything about the takeover but several times I’ve said I wasn’t going to reveal personal stuff.

For the last time (hurry up @AFKABartram ):

1. GM is the broker. He wasn’t sure if he’d be moving back to London as of May 18, so wasn’t sure if he’d be involved after the sale.

2. The family have been over looking at schools and houses. I didn’t share on here because frankly it’s a family matter and not relevant (except that it shows a level of commitment). Bear in mind that they spend about three years here up to around 2012, so not easy to uproot the family from schools etc again.

3. It’s possible that it’s not going to work out for the family which may mean that they will need to appoint a CEO. This won’t delay the sale. You don’t have to have a CEO in place for a sale to go through. It’s just more internet stirring from the usual suspects. It sort of sums up why I’ve had enough of it really.

I certainly see why Grapevine just comes on here once a month to post.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

The reason JamesSeed got so emotional, is because he's been caught out withholding information.
    James has told us on so many occasions, that he has shared all he knows and we know as much as him.

.....Is because I’ve been ‘caught out!?’ Not true at all. In the past I’ve said I’ve revealed everything about the takeover but several times I’ve said I wasn’t going to reveal personal stuff.

1. GM is the broker. He wasn’t sure if he’d be moving back to London as of May 18, so wasn’t sure if he’d be involved after the sale.

2. The family have been over looking at schools and houses. I didn’t share on here because frankly it’s a family matter and not relevant (except that it shows a level of commitment). Bear in mind that they spend about three years here up to around 2012, so not easy to uproot the family from schools etc again.

3. It’s possible that it’s not going to work out for the family which may mean that they will need to appoint a CEO. This won’t delay the sale. You don’t have to have a CEO in place for a sale to go through. It’s just more internet stirring from the usual suspects. It sort of sums up why I’ve had enough of it really.

Quite agree. We don't have one now & its not a problem for the EFL, so shouldn't be for any new owner.
  • Options

So.

JamesSeed said:

who has stirred things up? people have questioned if him not knowing if he is CEO or not at this stage is right or not.

• Options

Without having to read back, what info?
  • Options

Redhenry said:

Without having to read back, what info?
    Think he's saying that JS knew GM was having issues with settling in the UK and chose to withhold it.
    Ok, thanks @carly burn
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!