Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

The fact that GM’s family may or may not have issues with uprooting themselves again to move back to the U.K. to me is info that doesn’t need to be shared here.
    As I said it won’t affect the sale of the club.
    If the family moves he’ll be CEO. If not they’ll appoint one. How is that a problem.

I wouldn’t want info about (alleged) family difficulties shared on the internet when it’s not in the public interest.

Elf joined in with personal untrue defamatory attacks on me on another site. After weeks and weeks of really personal abuse the main perpetrator eventually issued a full apology and removed material. (I also secured a donation to the Upbeats.)
    I was really struggling with it, losing sleep, getting stressed (as some of you noticed at the time) but was saved by a lawyer friend who pointed out that it was a very straightforward case of defamation. I was accused of being a decrepit lifelong Millwall fan who had decided to cash in on his family name in order to draw traffic to a ‘clickbait’ blog. My meetings and knowledge of Gerard was for a time apparently a fabrication (or ‘bollox’ as Elf described it) and I was a ‘prick’, a habitual liar, and a narcissist. Someone in this site alerted me to this stuff, and I joined the forum in order to deny the ‘claims’. I found Elfs on there reporting back to this character like a loyal foot soldier (the perpetrator is banned from here and other forums). He was and is clearly in thrall to the man. He still has digs at me to this day.
    And all this started about the time of my beer meeting with Gerard.
    If anyone has seen my blog they’ll know that there’s never been an ad on it.
    There are posters on here that know me and I hope they’ll back me up as a decent bloke.
    The fact that some have said Elfs is ok just shows what the internet can do to someone.

It was always going to be problematic posting on Internet forums, and this is obviously the best one for me to use as it’s well run and the vast majority of you on here are great people.

I stuck with it when the abuse started, and Elfs and others would love it if I quit now.

It’s difficult to keep going though when the same issues seem to keep coming back to haunt me.

So are you confirming its a fact that 'GM's family may or may not have uissues with uprooting themselves again to move back to the U.K.'? :)
  • Options

Are we really now believing what Colin says?

If you’re referring to the James Seed comments, they have nothing to do with Colin or the site he posts on come to that.
    The original comment about Murphy not wanting to leave Australia came from Colin.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Ironic that it’s the school holidays at the moment
    Have a word with yourselves chaps. Playground.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

The fact that GM’s family may or may not have issues with uprooting themselves again to move back to the U.K. to me is info that doesn’t need to be shared here.
    If the family moves he’ll be CEO. If not they’ll appoint one. How is that a problem.

I wouldn’t want info about (alleged) family difficulties shared on the internet when it’s not in the public interest.

Elf joined in with personal untrue defamatory attacks on me on another site. After weeks and weeks of really personal abuse the main perpetrator eventually issued a full apology and removed material. (I also secured a donation to the Upbeats.)
    I was really struggling with it, losing sleep, getting stressed (as some of you noticed at the time) but was saved by a lawyer friend who pointed out that it was a very straightforward case of defamation. I was accused of being a decrepit lifelong Millwall fan who had decided to cash in on his family name in order to draw traffic to a ‘clickbait’ blog. My meetings and knowledge of Gerard was for a time apparently a fabrication (or ‘bollox’ as Elf described it) and I was a ‘prick’, a habitual liar, and a narcissist. Someone in this site alerted me to this stuff, and I joined the forum in order to deny the ‘claims’. I found Elfs on there reporting back to this character like a loyal foot soldier (the perpetrator is banned from here and other forums). He was and is clearly in thrall to the man. He still has digs at me to this day.
    There are posters on here that know me and I hope they’ll back me up as a decent bloke.
    The fact that some have said Elfs is ok just shows what the internet can do to someone.

It was always going to be problematic posting on Internet forums, and this is obviously the best one for me to use as it’s well run and the vast majority of you on here are great people.

I stuck with it when the abuse started, and Elfs and others would love it if I quit now.

It’s difficult to keep going though when the same issues seem to keep coming back to haunt me.

It is an issue, if they are not sure if he is going to be ceo or not and if it’s no big deal we will just get someone else in to me is worrying and like no plan is in place.

With regards to the other stuff I’m don’t know what’s gone on and who said what but you today are the one bringing this all up, ultimately causing your self stress and making you look in the wrong.

So I was trolled and I’m in the wrong.

Trolling sounds like nothing to most of you I’m sure. Try researching it. I’m not a softie. I haven’t lived a sheltered life.
    Have asked Afka to close my account. It’s just not worth it.

Today you was in the wrong yes.

No point carrying this on it’s not going do anyone any good and will go round and round.

Coyr
  • Options
    James. I might of missed it but what is your history with GM again?
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

@JamesSeed, I don't know you but I am sure you only have good intentions. The problem appears to be that you over react if somebody disagrees with you or says something you don't like.

I might be wrong but I thought I had read that you are standing for a position in the trust soon.

I have to say that I am not convinced that will be a good move if you find it difficult to accept criticism withou having to make such rude retorts.
    Spot on, I wouldn't ever personally attack James, he seems ok and no doubt has good intentions.

But he needs to take a chill pill, not everything needs to be taken so seriously.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He’s gawn
  • Options
    ...not saying it don't hurt though as I'm on a new chspter in my life where rhubarb and custards running out and whether I use gram or ounces don't matter anymore.
  • Options

....imagine how I feel every time someone one here digs up my past and drones on about my spell in the shop up next to Grove Park BR Station and that fact that I had a kidney transplant and live in France, between Limoges and Brive?

It's life at the top mate and we just grow a thick skin to it

That’s proper ticked me :smiley:
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

It is an issue, if they are not sure if he is going to be ceo or not and if it’s no big deal we will just get someone else in to me is worrying and like no plan is in place.

With regards to the other stuff I’m don’t know what’s gone on and who said what but you today are the one bringing this all up, ultimately causing your self stress and making you look in the wrong.

Trolling sounds like nothing to most of you I’m sure. Try researching it. I’m not a softie. I haven’t lived a sheltered life.

If you’re referring to the James Seed comments, they have nothing to do with Colin or the site he posts on come to that.
    The original comment about Murphy not wanting to leave Australia came from Colin.
    Yes of course.......but don’t get that confused with the person or forum on which JS was trolled......they are two different forums and two different people.....I wasn’t sure if you realised that?
  • Options
    You have mail
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

@JamesSeed, I don't know you but I am sure you only have good intentions. The problem appears to be that you over react if somebody disagrees with you or says something you don't like.

I might be wrong but I thought I had read that you are standing for a position in the trust soon.

I have to say that I am not convinced that will be a good move if you find it difficult to accept criticism withou having to make such rude retorts.
    Rude retorts? Would you like a list of elfs comments about me?

I very kindly was asked to stand for the Trust but eventually decided not to. My following Charlton was originally just a family thing. I only became a ‘proper fan’ in 2015, and that’s not long enough imho.
    Also I’ve literally just started writing my book (been researching on and off) so won’t have enough time time.

Before I go, this wasn’t a matter of developing a thick skin, or banter or rude comments. Certainly not differences of opinion.

Proper trolling is very very different to that.
    Its normally associated with kids, but when it affect adults there’s a tendency not to take it seriously.
    It should be.
  • Options

To be fair to Colin, he told me about Mr. Murphy and moving his family here at least two months ago.

I couldn't tell you how much he is in the know, but I believe he has a family member working for the lawyers that are conducting the take over.
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    Didn’t realise you were in a rock band in your younger days @Leuth
  • Options

This forum never ceases to amaze me.

At least we know how to get more info about GM now though. Keep putting out silly rumours Colin-style until Mr. Seed overreacts and confirms them..

I’m not confirming them. I haven’t heard that they’re not moving here.

I just feel very uneasy about this family stuff being shared, which is why I haven’t done so.

NLA, haven’t you even read Grapevine’s post?
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

To be fair to Colin, he told me about Mr. Murphy and moving his family here at least two months ago.

I couldn't tell you how much he is in the know, but I believe he has a family member working for the lawyers that are conducting the take over.
    He’ll know someone at the club or the training ground.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Rude retorts? Would you like a list of elfs comments about me?

I very kindly was asked to stand for the Trust but eventually decided not to. My following Charlton was originally just a family thing. I only became a ‘proper fan’ in 2015, and that’s not long enough imho.
    Also I’ve literally just started writing my book (been researching on and off) so won’t have enough time time.

Before I go, this wasn’t a matter of developing a thick skin, or banter or rude comments. Certainly not differences of opinion.

Proper trolling is very very different to that.
    Its normally associated with kids, but when it affect adults there’s a tendency not to take it seriously.
    It should be.
    Are you writing a book about your grandfather ?
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Yes of course.......but don’t get that confused with the person or forum on which JS was trolled......they are two different forums and two different people.....I wasn’t sure if you realised that?
    Fair enough. Easy to get confused on this thread!
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    If I get any further info I’ll stick it on the blog.
    Please click on all the ads for me. Ta!

Next post will probably be about forums and trolls. That’ll be a barrel of laughs ;-)
  • Options
    page 1234 - big news on the Bromley contingent must be due.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    JamesSeed said:

This forum never ceases to amaze me.

At least we know how to get more info about GM now though. Keep putting out silly rumours Colin-style until Mr. Seed overreacts and confirms them..

I’m not confirming them. I haven’t heard that they’re not moving here.

I just feel very uneasy about this family stuff being shared, which is why I haven’t done so.

NLA, haven’t you even read Grapevine’s post?
    It's not really got a lot to do with you though has it. You don't run this forum, you didn't post the "personal" info and you're not GM.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!