Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

Odd that they have Photoshopped one of the pics to have me holding a different banner.

Also I wonder how they got the history about the sword and Watt Tyler. : - )

On a less important note asking price £35m offer £25m.

Well that explains a hell of a lot if true.

It's almost as if LDV and the regime was lying but What about the joint statement from the Aussies and the Belgians?

#teamWOITOS

#BromleyContingent
    Personally more concerned about the phrase "Charlton's demise". Comatose, maybe, but we're not actually nailed to the perch just yet are we?
  • Options
    Definition of demise
    1 a : death
    b : a cessation of existence or activity
    c : a loss of position or status
  • Options
    masicat said:

I come on here from time to time only ever to see what @JamesSeed has posted. After all this time he seems to have been the only one with any factual news. Am surprised at those having a pop , if we didn’t have his information we wouldn’t be getting anything at all.

If and when the Aussies are on board, and RD has gone, I think we should name a stand after him.

Not before time.
  • Options

I have some questions about "The Saudis". I do not wish to put pressure on @Redhenry to answer them, i am just not aware of anyone else claiming to be ITK about them. These are all questions, to which answers we know, if applied to the Aussies (or at least Andrew Muir)

1. Who are they, what is their existing business?
    2. Why do they want to buy an English football club?
    3. When did they first express interest in CAFC?
    4. Have they submitted to an ODT? When? And did they pass?

Just think they ought to receive at least some of the "scrutiny" if that isn't too polite a word for some of the shit being thrown here, as the Aussies are under.

5. What is their exit strategy? Do they plan to get out quick before wasting any of their time and money trying to deal with Old Yellow Tooth or do they plan follow the Aussie's route of spending a year and £1m before clamming up?
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

shirty5 said:

Interesting comment from Colin/Bexley Boy

But it’s now become a major problem for Murphy..

I’ve made a point of not sharing family info like that.
    It’d be good if you could delete it. It has no bearing on the takeover.
    It does though
    No it doesn’t. GM is the deal broker. He wasn’t sure whether he’d move after the sale.
  • Options
    Just in case anybody missed the key paragraph in the Sportsmail piece:

Sportsmail understands, however, that a deal has not been reached and the parties are some way from agreeing on a price, with Duchatelet suggested as wanting £35m. The consortium is thought to be prepared to pay only £25m.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

shirty5 said:

It does though
    No it doesn’t. GM is the deal broker. He wasn’t sure whether he’d move after the sale.
    But it’s relivent, I thought gm was going to be ceo? May have got that wrong so correct me if not true.

If the ceo is not sure if he is going to be in the county I would think that is important
    He was meant to be CEO? I hope he would do a better job than the last one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't some ITK poster in the dim and distant past suggest the Aussie's bid wasn't necessarily the highest and that Roland has an irrational belief of not wanting to deal with certain nationalities, lack of trust or something. Could explain why the Saudi bid wasn't successful.
  • Options

Didn't some ITK poster in the dim and distant past suggest the Aussie's bid wasn't necessarily the highest and that Roland has an irrational belief of not wanting to deal with certain nationalities, lack of trust or something. Could explain why the Saudi bid wasn't successful.

Mmmmmm......doubt it my friend.
  • Options
    I do not think the EFL will tell us how many ODTs have been concluded on CAFC, still less whether any failed. However they may be prepared to tell us the main components of the test, and we may ask if it is true that it includes a Heads of Agreement doc. which outlines the financial basics of the deal, and against which they evaluate the bidder's financial strength. It would be good to have this confirmed, then we will be much clearer about just what the EFL know about the Aussies.

Then we return to the Saudis in this context. I would like to ask @Addickted the following: you have only thus far mentioned what your source tells you about the Aussie bid. Did he mention another bid going through an ODT at roughly the same time? If he did not, is it reasonable to conclude that it is because no such bidder has gone through the ODT? That would be good to be clearer on, too.
  • Options

Just in case anybody missed the key paragraph in the Sportsmail piece:

Sportsmail understands, however, that a deal has not been reached and the parties are some way from agreeing on a price, with Duchatelet suggested as wanting £35m. The consortium is thought to be prepared to pay only £25m.

If that’s true it explains everything.

• Options

It's true, he made a lot of racial generalisations about people he trusted and like and disliked doing business with.

He claimed that he understood English football better than Thai owners. This was when Thai owned Leicester where walking away with the premiership.
  • Options

It's true, he made a lot of racial generalisations about people he trusted and like and disliked doing business with.

He claimed that he understood English football better than Thai owners. This was when Thai owned Leicester where walking away with the premiership.
    Not saying he didn’t say that, but what I was indicating was that it doesn’t mean he wouldn’t do business with them if the deal was to his liking.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    *were

; )
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

shirty5 said:

It does though
    I too thought there was a suggestion that Gerard Murphy was to become CEO. If that is now looking less likely because of personal issues I think it does have a bearing on the takeover although as GM is not one of the monied persons it could be a blow but not insurmountable.

It wouldn’t be a blow, if true, as he wasn’t originally 100% intending to be CEO in the first place.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

shirty5 said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

shirty5 said:

It does though
    But it’s relivent, I thought gm was going to be ceo? May have got that wrong so correct me if not true.

If the ceo is not sure if he is going to be in the county I would think that is important
    Hi being CEO was and is an option. If he doesn’t move here he won’t be CEO obviously.

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

shirty5 said:

It does though

Even a numbskull like you could do a better job than the last one.
    Numbskull. Oh dear, that's uncalled for.
    Not as uncalled for as you sharing someone’s personal family info on here.
    Isnt that par for the course for people living in the public eye in 2018?
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Gerald Murphy and Andrew Muir we’re both planning to up sticks and move there whole family to England once the takeover was complete .. But it’s now become a major problem for Murphy..

Is this the supposed personal information?

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

shirty5 said:

It does though
    I too thought there was a suggestion that Gerard Murphy was to become CEO. If that is now looking less likely because of personal issues I think it does have a bearing on the takeover although as GM is not one of the monied persons it could be a blow but not insurmountable.

It wouldn’t be a blow, if true, as he wasn’t originally 100% intending to be CEO in the first place.
    The fact at this stage he has had not made up his mind if he is gonna be ceo or not is worrying
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

shirty5 said:

It does though

Hi being CEO was and is an option. If he doesn’t move here he won’t be CEO obviously.

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

shirty5 said:

It does though

Wtf? I doubt my good chum Elfs is bothered about your comment but I am.
    Ask him about his personal attacks on me on another site, and his slavish subservience to one of the biggest trolls in football, who attempted to make my life a misery (having done the same to several well known posters on this site, as well as members of staff at the club). And that is without ever having met me.
    Calling him a numbskull pales into insignificance compared to the lies he was telling about me, I assure you.
  • Options

shirty5 said:

Gerald Murphy and Andrew Muir we’re both planning to up sticks and move there whole family to England once the takeover was complete .. But it’s now become a major problem for Murphy..

Is this the supposed personal information?

What....that Elfie’s a numbskull?
    Common knowledge down my way.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

shirty5 said:

It does though

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

shirty5 said:

It does though

Wtf? I doubt my good chum Elfs is bothered about your comment but I am.
    Ask him about his personal attacks on me on another site, and his slavish subservience to one of the biggest trolls in football, who attempted to make my life a misery (having done the same to several well known posters on this site, as well as members of staff at the club). And that is without ever having met me.
    Calling him a numbskull pales into insignificance compared to the lies he was telling about me, I assure you.
    Steady on James, steady on.....mate!
    That’s all been resolved and is in the past......understand why you’re still angered by it and who wouldn’t be, but best to let sleeping dogs lie.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!