Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CARD ANNOUNCEMENT: Unity Protest in Sint-Truiden on Saturday, March 4th - transport provided

Comments

• I'll be sunning myself in the Canary Islands but my thoughts will be with you all.
  • @Fanny Fanackapan I shall be there!

But I have a train and match ticket for the Northampton game for you.
  • edited February 2017
    But aren't you coming with us, Elfs ?
  • Can anyone suggest the best modes of transport for the independent travellers?

Choices...

1) Car via Dover-Calais or ,slightly closer,Dover -Dunkirk. St Truiden is approx. 2.5 hours from Calais.
    2) Eurostar to Brussels, then connecting train to St Truiden (ground is 5 min walk from station,as is main square where the March will commence)
    3) Fly to Brussels from LCY or Gatwick (many options) then catch train to ST
  • cafckev said:

I am booked in for an operation the week before, but ifits cancelled or i recover quickly enough, i will be there!

Don't do yourself any damage @cafckev

This is important, but not more important than your health.
  • edited February 2017
  • What about De Kanarie?
  • Can anyone suggest the best modes of transport for the independent travellers?

Choices...

1) Car via Dover-Calais or ,slightly closer,Dover -Dunkirk. St Truiden is approx. 2.5 hours from Calais.
    2) Eurostar to Brussels, then connecting train to St Truiden (ground is 5 min walk from station,as is main square where the March will commence)
    3) Fly to Brussels from LCY or Gatwick (many options) then catch train to ST
    Cheers.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2017
    https://help.eurostar.com/faq/uk-en/question/How-does-an-Any-Belgian-Station-ticket-work

Once you have your Eurostar ticket to Brussels, you don't need to pay any more to get to S-T (and back)

What time should we aim to be in S-T?
  • I'm struggling to find direct flights, I don't want to spend 8 hours getting there via Amsterdam :(
  • Emailed.

Microsoft are working on it, but for the time being you definitely won't be able to email yourself there.
  • T.C.E said:

I'm struggling to find direct flights, I don't want to spend 8 hours getting there via Amsterdam :(

I've been looking at that option too. Some silly prices!!
  • T.C.E said:

I'm struggling to find direct flights, I don't want to spend 8 hours getting there via Amsterdam :(

London - Brussels? there are loads, but depends which airport works for you

• At least I should be out of hospital in time to read updates on Charlton Life, but would prefer to be in Belgium :-(
  • Will the Sint Truiden fans be involved with this?
    Great chance to get them along too if they're at home!
  • Sponsored links:

• For anyone in North West. Ryanair £10 early sat 4 March from Manchester. Return same Mon 6th.
  • Looks like Eurostar do group deals for 10 or more travellers. Personally will go Eurostar, is this the place to see if we can get a group together for a discount?
  • I don't know what St Truiden is like for pubs/entertainment but has anyone considered staying in Leuven 30 minutes by train? A university town so buzzing, a few things to see and great bars.
  • T.C.E said:

City or Gatwick, my old van wouldn't get me there and I don't have any friends that would give me lift. :(
  • Chaz Hill said:

For anyone in North West. Ryanair £10 early sat 4 March from Manchester. Return same Mon 6th.

Remember though thats going to flying into Charleroi Airport (Brussels South) rather than Brussels itself.
  • Essex_Al said:

Hold on, you're going the wrong way!

imageimage

Stop fishing, it's boring
    Get off me maggot then!
  • "We have chosen this date for many reasons, one of which is that we know Charlton’s away allocation at Northampton Town that day is very likely to sell out regardless. There can therefore be no sensible claim that the protest is affecting the level of support for the team.

No sensible claim, but I expect we will hear some nonsense spouted about how CARD are sabotaging the promotion push :-)
  • T.C.E said:

T.C.E said:

City or Gatwick, my old van wouldn't get me there and I don't have any friends that would give me lift. :(
    Afraid you are right, they are all from Heathrow.

Eurostar ? From Ebbsfleet?

• T.C.E said:

T.C.E said:

Afraid you are right, they are all from Heathrow.

Eurostar ? From Ebbsfleet?

Looking at that now, one adult and 4 dogs to Brussels please. ;)