Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Peterborough - Match Thread / Post Match Views

Comments

• Where is Ahmed Kashi? He would be a fun addition to league one.
  • Where is Ahmed Kashi? He would be a fun addition to league one.

Fun as in our midfield would start bossing games and dominating possession.
  • Not sure that Ajose deserves a start at the mo. Hanlon?

Why do we never consider Lookman upfront? Bring in Botaka in midfield.

• SDAddick said:

Due to a freak ice storm, my power's been out for the last 24 hours. At friends' place now. Was able to download the latest Charlton Live and will listen once back home alone in the cold dark. Hopefully our power will be back by Saturday morning so I can listen to this. There are fallen trees and downed power lines all over town, including in our yard. Living in a place with weather (as opposed to southern California) is fun! It really is though, Cass (dog) loves the snow and I love the cold, this is just a minor inconvenience.

I digress. I'm looking forward to this. I think early signs from Robinson are good. I said I wouldn't judge Slade by his pressers, and I'll say the same for Robinson (and any managers), but he sure comes across as personable and enthusiastic in them. It makes warming to him much easier. I also really like that he gives a walk-through of his team before the game, and that he's willing to switch formation in-game.

I think he may give his favored 4-2-3-1 a go on Saturday, knowing it can revert to a 4-3-3:

Rudd
    Foley...Bauer....Tex...Fox
    ...........Freddie....Crofts
    Botaka*...Lookie....Chicksen
    .............Magennis

*Botaka if fit. I know he had a knock in the MK Dons game, and he also played 120 minutes when I don't know if he's played 90 minutes all year. That line-up would also allow us to revert to 4-3-3 with Lookman going to left forward (his natural position) and Chicksen going to central midfield, where I believe he played Tuesday night.

As much as I'd love to see Dillon given a chance, Rudd is just too good to drop. Dillon is only 20/21, his time will come.

Not missing anything on Charlton live and same every week always talking about their experiences or their pets or gf's and everything non CAFC related
    As long as they're not talking about their pet's experiences with their gf, I'm happy to read whatever people put up.
  • Got to win today. No ifs or buts!
  • Charlton to win 2-1. Tex to score the winner.

250/1
  • off topic, I am off shortly to the Scunthorpe v Millwall game .. run the rule over the leaders, who we really should have beaten at their place, and our beloved neighbours who are next up for us and who we play twice over the next three weeks ..
    BUT will this game's result really give any clues as to what chance we have of a VERY rare win against the dogs of war ? .. or indeed against the Iron who we play in mid January ?
  • SDAddick said:

Due to a freak ice storm, my power's been out for the last 24 hours. At friends' place now. Was able to download the latest Charlton Live and will listen once back home alone in the cold dark. Hopefully our power will be back by Saturday morning so I can listen to this. There are fallen trees and downed power lines all over town, including in our yard. Living in a place with weather (as opposed to southern California) is fun! It really is though, Cass (dog) loves the snow and I love the cold, this is just a minor inconvenience.

I digress. I'm looking forward to this. I think early signs from Robinson are good. I said I wouldn't judge Slade by his pressers, and I'll say the same for Robinson (and any managers), but he sure comes across as personable and enthusiastic in them. It makes warming to him much easier. I also really like that he gives a walk-through of his team before the game, and that he's willing to switch formation in-game.

I think he may give his favored 4-2-3-1 a go on Saturday, knowing it can revert to a 4-3-3:

Rudd
    .............Magennis

*Botaka if fit. I know he had a knock in the MK Dons game, and he also played 120 minutes when I don't know if he's played 90 minutes all year. That line-up would also allow us to revert to 4-3-3 with Lookman going to left forward (his natural position) and Chicksen going to central midfield, where I believe he played Tuesday night.

As much as I'd love to see Dillon given a chance, Rudd is just too good to drop. Dillon is only 20/21, his time will come.

matt88 said:

I'd be really disappointed if Phillips was dropped in favour of a loanee keeper given the form he's in.

No room for sentiment play your best
    Yes indeed Phillips has done very well and understanderably he would be very angry if rudd got his place back straight away. Having sid all of this he must be the best loan signing we have ever made, apart initially of course JJ.
    Not necessarily. He's had a good run and proved himself. But he's young, and it's no slight on him him if Rudd regained his place. He might be disappointed, but I doubt if he'd be angry.
  • Sponsored links:

• looks as though it's very foggy in S E London today .. good luck in peering through the mist .. come on you Addicks!!
  • looks as though it's very foggy in S E London today .. good luck in peering through the mist .. come on you Addicks!!

Rolling in? Suits us me thinks. Charlton win!!
  • edited December 2016
    jdmotion said:

SDAddick said:

Rudd
    .............Magennis

matt88 said:

I'd be really disappointed if Phillips was dropped in favour of a loanee keeper given the form he's in.

Yes indeed Phillips has done very well and understanderably he would be very angry if rudd got his place back straight away. Having sid all of this he must be the best loan signing we have ever made, apart initially of course JJ.
    Not necessarily. He's had a good run and proved himself. But he's young, and it's no slight on him him if Rudd regained his place. He might be disappointed, but I doubt if he'd be angry.
    This. He's shown that he's more than capable and he would be going out of the team on a high. There's some tough games coming up that will test even a very experienced keeper not least of which is today's game and Millwall. We don't want his confidence being knocked unnecessarily if there's a keeper of Rudds quality and experience available. There will be plenty of opportunity to get more games in before this season is finished.
  • jdmotion said:

SDAddick said:

Rudd
    .............Magennis

matt88 said:

This. He's shown that he's more than capable and he would be going out of the team on a high. There's some tough games coming up that will test even a very experienced keeper not least of which is today's game and Millwall. We don't want his confidence being knocked unnecessarily if there's a keeper of Rudds quality and experience available. There will be plenty of opportunity to get more games in before this season is finished.
    Yep and in goalkeeping terms he is still very much a baby. He has done very well and has certainly helped his chances of becoming number 1 when we lose Rudd. But he is not the perfect goalkeeper yet. He still has areas of his game that he can work on and a spell out the team will allow him to improve and come back better...
  • Mist rolling in so 2-0. Josh and Lookie

Is Sam Bartram in goal?
  • Palarce away next season.
    Can't wait to batter the stripey cnuts
  • Shame Chicksen has been dropped... Bet Fox will get battered tonight if he doesnt kick the ball with the correct foot at some stage!!

• Ajose has got to get amongst the goals today,i fear we have a dud

• Rudd was supposed to start today but had a minor setback... Least that confirms he will start when fit
  • Sponsored links:

• Would have Chicksen playing over Fox

All day fucking long!!
  • Novak is out for 4-5 weeks as per the video

Find it strange how he mentions that Peterborough like to counter attack yet Botaka starts ahead of Chicksen... the latter is surely better at both attacking and defending?
  • Would have Chicksen playing over Fox

Would have Chicksen playing over Fox

All day fucking long!!
    Why not them both?

Id have Chicksen and Fox over Botaka and Fox or Botaka and Chicksen based on present form
  • I'm surprised Chicksen is not starting. I think he has been one of the major positive differences the past few weeks
  • Only one centre-back on the bench. Things are looking up.
  • Only one centre-back on the bench. Things are looking up.

If that is what you call him :wink:
  • Can't believe Chicksen isn't starting.

Also it looks like final confirmation that Slade was an idiot and it was simply his choice to leave Teixeira out all the time.

You say it like Slade had a choice!
    Notice how he's come into the side weeks before January transfer window opens? Considering he was hit and miss and playing inconsist games ....
  • Bench looks very thin again.

Is this going to be the match thread?