Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Peterborough - Match Thread / Post Match Views

Comments

• I'm putting the Christmas tree up. Endless arguments about which side should face out. Losing the will to live.

But still having more fun by the sound of it than those who have braved the Christmas traffic to go to the Valley.

New Era my a**e.

• Stop me if you've heard this one, from the sounds of things we're outnumbered in midfield, being put under pressure, and giving the ball away disgustingly easy. Crofts sounds like he's having a shocker.

We desperately need a player comfortable and tidy on the ball in midfield--ideally one at the back of the midfield in the holding role and one at the front, a #10. We need to be able to go 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 to match teams with five in midfield. I've barely heard Ajose's name, would take him off and bring on Chicksen at half time, and give Lookman a free role behind Magennis.
  • It almost looks like they are playing shit on purpose.
  • Definitely needs shaking up at HT.
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 37s37 seconds ago
    41' Phillips dives to his right to hold onto a low Lopes strike. Still 0-1 here. #cafc #CAFCLive
  • Posh just missed another gilt edge chance from our th
  • Scunthorpe 2-0 scum
  • At least Millwall are as bad as us right now
  • Sponsored links:

• I know we have had long periods of being shit over the years but this is fucking ridiculous.

If we dont address our midfield paucity in January then i am joining the nearest RD conspirousy theory sect...
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 3s3 seconds ago
    45' One minute added #cafc #CAFCLive
  • Some guy for AFC Fylde who are top of the Conference North has just got his 35th goal of the season! 35th!!
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 5s6 seconds ago
    HALF TIME | Charlton 0 Peterborough 1.
  • Chicksen getting dropped for Fox is baffling.

One is a good player in form, the other well...
  • Possession
    Home 42% Away 58%
    Shots
    Home 1 Away 12
    Shots on Target
    Home 0 Away 3
    Corners
    Home 0 Away 1
    Fouls
    Home 6 Awa 5

Goals 0-1
  • Fucking hell were absolute dog turd

Worse than anything I saw under Slade!!... Least against Swindon we were missing key players; whats the excuse today?
  • I think Ulvestad is the only player that has managed to pass to a teammate this half.
  • This is very dreadful, but at least we're getting this performance out of the way before Wednesday
  • Sponsored links:

• Hairdryer treatment from KR and we'll get it sorted. Can't get any worse. Can't understand why Chicksen didn't start. Needs to be on straight away and give us a bit of bite in midfield.
  • Whats the crowd ? 20 odd thousand ?
  • Still 11th, 6 points off playoffs, 7 points off relegation
    Millwall 14th
  • Can we please sell Lookman asap, give Ajose away and send botaka back
  • Abdolutely pony. Players don't seem to have a clue what they should be doing.

Fox shocking, midfield so so poor and Lookman now sulking.

Up there as one of the worst 45mins of the season.
  • 12 shots to 1 would be pretty bad if we were away at a premier league club, but at home to Peterborough!!

Baffling how we can play so well last week and then do this.

Robinson better give a pretty decent half time team talk!
  • Can we please sell Lookman asap, give Ajose away and send botaka back

I think if you give Ajose the service he can do a job... He was badly played out of form by Russell Slade and is now trying to regain confidence / form from last season...

• Ajose and Magennis have nothing to work off... Lookman doesnt pass and is being easily crowded out whilst Botaka cant pass.

Fox is trying to attack but his lack of pace means he's easily being caught by their pacey team.

Phillips and Ulvestad are the only two players with any credit from that Half!!
  • The club taking photos of supporters
  • edited December 2016
    ross1 said:

Possession
    Home 42% Away 58%
    Shots
    Home 1 Away 12
    Shots on Target
    Home 0 Away 3
    Corners
    Home 0 Away 1
    Fouls
    Home 6 Awa 5

Goals 0-1

57% of their possession is from Charlton giving the ball to them.