Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Peterborough - Match Thread / Post Match Views

Comments

• Surely Chicksen needs to start at left back?

No. We need him on the left wing. He has pace and puts in a good ball. Very good at set pieces so far, and can also protect Fox - which would make a change.

We are also playing a top team so we need to be able to defend!
  • I've got a bad feeling about this one. 2-1 Pborough.
  • Due to a freak ice storm, my power's been out for the last 24 hours. At friends' place now. Was able to download the latest Charlton Live and will listen once back home alone in the cold dark. Hopefully our power will be back by Saturday morning so I can listen to this. There are fallen trees and downed power lines all over town, including in our yard. Living in a place with weather (as opposed to southern California) is fun! It really is though, Cass (dog) loves the snow and I love the cold, this is just a minor inconvenience.

I digress. I'm looking forward to this. I think early signs from Robinson are good. I said I wouldn't judge Slade by his pressers, and I'll say the same for Robinson (and any managers), but he sure comes across as personable and enthusiastic in them. It makes warming to him much easier. I also really like that he gives a walk-through of his team before the game, and that he's willing to switch formation in-game.

I think he may give his favored 4-2-3-1 a go on Saturday, knowing it can revert to a 4-3-3:

Rudd
    Foley...Bauer....Tex...Fox
    ...........Freddie....Crofts
    Botaka*...Lookie....Chicksen
    .............Magennis

*Botaka if fit. I know he had a knock in the MK Dons game, and he also played 120 minutes when I don't know if he's played 90 minutes all year. That line-up would also allow us to revert to 4-3-3 with Lookman going to left forward (his natural position) and Chicksen going to central midfield, where I believe he played Tuesday night.

As much as I'd love to see Dillon given a chance, Rudd is just too good to drop. Dillon is only 20/21, his time will come.
  • Two sent off and four more injuries after a plucky 0-0 draw leaves us with hardly enough players to put out against the scum.
  • 2-1 addicks, big mag and botaka to score, it will set us up nicely to take 3 points from Millwall....COYR's, see you all again on 31/12.
  • 2-0
    We bring the posh down a peg or two.
  • Not been to the valley for 5 years now ,
    Live part time in Spain and Somerset , so boycotting is something I don't get !
    If I was around I would be there to cheer the boys on , so just enjoy the game have a good day out and let's hope you all come away with a smile on your face with a win .
    Looking from the outside the new owners are not perfect , but I remember the Glitskeen family , and we don't want to go back to those days .
    Enjoy your day and a happy Christmas to all
  • This game is going to be an interesting test of Karl Robinson.
  • 1st home game of the season for me as me and a few pals decided to stop boycotting and go just for a piss up really, need a win more for kr's sake.

Have you been turning up in disguise?
  • Sponsored links:

• Not been to the valley for 5 years now ,
    Live part time in Spain and Somerset , so boycotting is something I don't get !
    If I was around I would be there to cheer the boys on , so just enjoy the game have a good day out and let's hope you all come away with a smile on your face with a win .
    Looking from the outside the new owners are not perfect are a complete basket case, but I remember the Glitskeen family , and we don't want to go back to those days .
    Enjoy your day and a happy Christmas to all

I'm sure that's what you mean to say.
  • matt88 said:

I'd be really disappointed if Phillips was dropped in favour of a loanee keeper given the form he's in.

No room for sentiment play your best
  • SDAddick said:

Due to a freak ice storm, my power's been out for the last 24 hours. At friends' place now. Was able to download the latest Charlton Live and will listen once back home alone in the cold dark. Hopefully our power will be back by Saturday morning so I can listen to this. There are fallen trees and downed power lines all over town, including in our yard. Living in a place with weather (as opposed to southern California) is fun! It really is though, Cass (dog) loves the snow and I love the cold, this is just a minor inconvenience.

I digress. I'm looking forward to this. I think early signs from Robinson are good. I said I wouldn't judge Slade by his pressers, and I'll say the same for Robinson (and any managers), but he sure comes across as personable and enthusiastic in them. It makes warming to him much easier. I also really like that he gives a walk-through of his team before the game, and that he's willing to switch formation in-game.

I think he may give his favored 4-2-3-1 a go on Saturday, knowing it can revert to a 4-3-3:

Rudd
    .............Magennis

*Botaka if fit. I know he had a knock in the MK Dons game, and he also played 120 minutes when I don't know if he's played 90 minutes all year. That line-up would also allow us to revert to 4-3-3 with Lookman going to left forward (his natural position) and Chicksen going to central midfield, where I believe he played Tuesday night.

As much as I'd love to see Dillon given a chance, Rudd is just too good to drop. Dillon is only 20/21, his time will come.

matt88 said:

I'd be really disappointed if Phillips was dropped in favour of a loanee keeper given the form he's in.

No room for sentiment play your best
    Yes indeed Phillips has done very well and understanderably he would be very angry if rudd got his place back straight away. Having sid all of this he must be the best loan signing we have ever made, apart initially of course JJ.
  • SDAddick said:

Due to a freak ice storm, my power's been out for the last 24 hours. At friends' place now. Was able to download the latest Charlton Live and will listen once back home alone in the cold dark. Hopefully our power will be back by Saturday morning so I can listen to this. There are fallen trees and downed power lines all over town, including in our yard. Living in a place with weather (as opposed to southern California) is fun! It really is though, Cass (dog) loves the snow and I love the cold, this is just a minor inconvenience.

Rudd
    .............Magennis

Not missing anything on Charlton live and same every week always talking about their experiences or their pets or gf's and everything non CAFC related
  • Always liked Marcus Maddison for posh. Be interested to see how he performs. Posh chairman doesn't cave in when it comes to getting a good deal for his players. Katrein could learn at thing or two in the art of negotiating if she followed his lead.
  • I do wonder if anyone will go for a "Danny Mills" this year? They might leave it until Wednesday, when of course they will have a ready made excuse of unburdened passion and not wanting to lose (but ultimately causing it). A straight red tomorrow takes us through to the new year...
  • hope for a win as Adrian Durham winds me up
  • slow legs have gone V Posh young Legs.

Computer said away win.
    Heart said home win.
    Head said draw.
  • Both teams to score. Someone will lose.
  • Sponsored links:

• Having a good record against a team makes a big difference and with that in mind I reckon we might snatch a point. 1-1 a point nearer safety...sigh....
  • Hadn't realised we were at home and won't be going. Tough game, if the team suggested in the write up plays/is fit then we stand a chance.
  • LouisMend said:

I'd just like to clarify my pet and my girlfriend are two separate entities in case that isn't clear in the above post.

The incredibly forced pet 11 was excellent. Please never change Louis.
  • What have Peterborough got? 11 x young UK players, none with anything like Premiership (or comparable) experience nor any significant Internationals. Their game plan seems to be fit, run all the time and very physical: typical Barry Fry stuff. They normally burn out just after Christmas once they've exhausted themselves.

Our squad is older and has more quality.

We ought to win this one: it'd be very ominous if we didn't.
  • 2-1 win tomorrow, KR to celebrate Luzon style down the touchline!
  • Going tomorrow, haven't seen Tex play, so looking fwd to his partnership with the BFG, and hopefully Chicksen's presence will strengthen the midfield
    3-0 to the rip roaring goal scoring addicks
  • I've been to Peterborough. The fact this place exists is proof alone that Roland must go
  • Will be wearing my red coat tomorrow for the first time this season as have been trying to keep the black/white theme going.

Not sure whether it will be a good or bad omen.....
  • Hope we see a win otherwise KR will be under a bit of pressure going into Wednesdays game.

If Peterborough have more energy in midfield they'll win. We desperately need better CM's in January.
  • McBobbin said:

I've been to Peterborough. The fact this place exists is proof alone that Roland must go

Haven't spent a fair amount of time in the train station there when I was living in Norwich...I'm inclined to agree.