Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Marching on together: protests at the Coventry game

Comments

• This is an important game for us. Hope we all come back. It's not far off a year since the Sheffield Wednesday game protest. Needs to be big and surprising. I'll be there.
  • edited October 2016
    I will be there for this one. Only my second game of the season and first I will have to pay for a ticket, although I have plans in place to reduce this cost. Looking forward to it. Hope it gets called off half way through
  • Got my ticket for the lower west yesterday, looking forward to this, time to go Roland!
  • They know the strength of feeling, they don't care. We've done this. We don't have the minerals to really get to them at The Valley. There will never be a game abandonment which would truly inconvenience them. If this is anything more but the usual throw things on the pitch/ banners/ sporadic 'We want Roland Out' chanting and a little coverage on the local rags website and pictures/backslapping on forums then I'll hold my hands up and say I'm wrong.

Sorry for the negative post, I will attend the march, but it's absolutely NOT worth breaking a boycott for - and encouraging people to give the club money - on principle.

• edited October 2016
    Great idea to get together. Until they got relegated, Coventry seemed like a permanent fixture in the top division. Both clubs shoud not be where they are, and it shames both sets of owners.
  • The Jimmy Hill Way? Are we ground sharing with Coventry now then?

To be fair though, he was a great football man, but ground sharing wasn't one of his better ideas.
  • boggzy said:

They know the strength of feeling, they don't care. We've done this. We don't have the minerals to really get to them at The Valley. There will never be a game abandonment which would truly inconvenience them. If this is anything more but the usual throw things on the pitch/ banners/ sporadic 'We want Roland Out' chanting and a little coverage on the local rags website and pictures/backslapping on forums then I'll hold my hands up and say I'm wrong.

Sorry for the negative post, I will attend the march, but it's absolutely NOT worth breaking a boycott for - and encouraging people to give the club money - on principle.

Unfortunately this is how I am feeling too.

I don't WANT to feel this way, honestly, but that's how it is for me at the moment.

I hope me and Boggzy are proved wrong, really I do.

Good luck to all who get involved. I will be supporting you in spirit.
  • Sponsored links:

• 25May98 said:

The discussion around getting games abandoned last season took the promotion opportunities of our opposition into consideration (quite rightly so). However, it's a very different scenario with Coventry.
    I think this could get very interesting.

Agreed with the stated consideration above. However, another consideration is to keep the media "onside", which in my view, is necessary as an integral part of the overall range of actions/needs. I also believe we should hold the moral high ground.

I personally would not support actions to get a game abandoned. I also however recognise others may not support my view and that is fine by me.
  • Coventry fans should sit in the charlton end too and a mix of their colours and ours would be great
  • dizzee said:

Coventry fans should sit in the charlton end too and a mix of their colours and ours would be great

Roly would love to see the fans mixing together!
  • I have a season ticket, but I won't be averse to a spot of dissent. Just don't bloody whistle when anyone's through on goal ok
  • Does anyone have access to 2000+ pigeons at short notice?
  • With the 15th being my birthday, this will be the best birthday CARD I receive!
  • does anyone have a link to the players both Charlton and Coventry?

I know there are a few on here that know players on our side - maybe CARD could get in touch with their Cov counterparts and see if there is any legs in this

it would be unbelievably powerful

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jan/30/greek-match-delayed-players-sit-down-protest-migrant-deaths
  • Sponsored links:

• Does anyone know where the directors box is? Is it between blocks D and E on the halfway line?
  • Whatever happens - theeh ownership can't say they haven't been warned!
  • Does anyone know where the directors box is? Is it between blocks D and E on the halfway line?

Just look for a chavy slapper with a very large nose, can't miss it.
  • Me + 3 family members will be there for the first time since Burnley, West Lower. Bring it on.

Yes
  • Get this game abandoned.

If there was ever one to do it this is it.

This would make huge huge ripples in the news, especially if both teams contribute to it, a joint on pitch protest. If only...

yes
  • Coventry's bloke has been there nine years? Gulp.
  • Uboat said:

Coventry's bloke has been there nine years? Gulp.

mmm scary