Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket Tour Of Bangladesh & India

Comments

• Two balls
  • When I saw it was Jadeja bowling I suddenly felt less confident he'd get a 50. In fact I felt like he wouldn't survive the over. I even knew how he'd get out. COVER YOUR STUMPS
  • Anyway, there cracks a mighty heart, there ends a weird Test career, etc etc
  • I will go to sleep when Buttler gets out
  • haha what the hell was that, bye all

p.s. rashid ton
  • edited November 2016
    Leuth said:

Intriguing! All very intriguing. Well, I'll mull all of this over. I'm in the awkward position of being my club's (nominal) secretary this last season (a largely ceremonial role) but I've paid my subs and really there's nothing keeping me there. I'm going to be 30 next season and if I don't give this bowling lark a proper go soon it might never happen. They went to extraordinary lengths not to give me a bowl before, regarding it as some kind of joke. Sure, the leg-spin may have been, but I can actually land the off-breaks (and they turn, and bounce). Plus, I'm sick of batting up the order and blocking out 15 overs for 18 runs or whatever. I want to bat at 8 or 9 and play shots. Anyway, enough of this. Mulling. Thanks for the nice words though, folks!

Oh, and back on-topic, I really do think Batty will score a few today. Just a weird hunch

Ha, hope your off breaks are indeed more accurate than your predictions about Batty...
  • 171-7 so a lead of just 37

Hameed 15* (91)
    Woakes 14* (21)
  • 204-9, Hameed with his broken finger is still battling away
  • One thing for certain is that Hameed is here to stay. Fractured finger and 36* (138) is a truly valiant effort. All batsmen have their dips in form and he may, at some point be left out as a result of that, but we will be seeing a lot of him in the next dozen years or so.

214-9 and a lead of 80. Oh to have scored another hundred or more in the first innings.
  • Spectacular - Hameed goes to his 50 with a maximum!
  • Sponsored links:

• It has been like playing with ten men playing Batty. If Broad is not fit I would play Ball. Unfortunately India have a vastly superior bowling attack to ours. Shami and Umesh Yadav are excellent fast bowlers. Also with Ashwin, Jadeja and the other Yadav are top class spin bowlers. In Indian conditions they are very difficult to beat.
  • What other sport would the 19 year old with just a few games protect the 34 year old with 120 plus under his belt?
  • 234-9 and a lead of 100

Hameed 57* (151)
    Anderson 5* (10)
  • I would also go so far as to say, having seen the way he plays and in his interviews, Hameed is a future England captain (after Root of course). The bonus being that he is unlikely to be needed for the shorter form of the game.
  • Anderson unbelievably run out!!!!

236 all out. India need 103.

Hameed 59*

• What other sport would the 19 year old with just a few games protect the 34 year old with 120 plus under his belt?

Really impressed by the way he's been shepherding the strike....bugger
  • Run out is unforgivable in these circumstances.
  • Woakes strikes

7-1
  • Wasted one review.
  • 24-1 off 5. The Indians want to finish it quickly. Rashy is coming on and might help that cause ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• India win by 8 wickets

• We won't go in with 3 spinners in the next Test but, equally, with Hameed potentially out, we might need two to come in.

• Blimey. Hameed has got to go home and have a plate put in his hand. An even more commendable performance in the circumstances.
  • Cook has also revealed that they knew his hand was broken and that the reason he had three nets was to see if he could still play with a changed grip.

I can think of a few Premier League footballers who wouldn't go out and play with a broken hand. And I'm not talking about keepers either.
  • Rashid lasted two balls as well :D
  • Blimey. Hameed has got to go home and have a plate put in his hand. An even more commendable performance in the circumstances.

An incredible effort to play on with a changed grip.

A replacement will be called up, luckily there's a slight interval before the next Test
  • Hameed should play the rest of the series with a broken hand lol

He's shown incredible aptitude so far, as soon as he's fit he'll be straight back in no matter what his replacements do
  • Bloody heck. Hats off to Hameed. Let's hope he fulfills his apparent potential.
  • Cook says that Hameed wanted to stay and play the other two matches!

Both Atherton and Hussein have suggested that Billings comes in to bat down the order with Root taking over at the top with Cook - the rationale being that all the obvious openers are left handed and that will suit Ashwin and Jayant. Effectively 4 of our top 6 would be left handed as would 6 of the team if Broad plays too.
  • I think Hales should be given another go opening in Hameed's absence. Keep Root at 3/4.