Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    Slaven Bilic has signed a two year contract with Chinese Super League side Bejing Guoan.
    He certainly gets about don't he.

Since he departed as Croatia manager in 2012, he's managed in Russia, Turkey, England, Saudi Arabia, back to England and now China in 8 yrs.
    I remember the stress of my last move from one London Borough to another.
     His family must be very understanding, and rich obviously. 
    And yes I got sucked into a wiki worm hole.
    Bilic certainly does but, there again, he isn't just fluent in Croatian and English but also Italian and German. No doubt he will take the opportunity to learn Mandarin whilst he is out there. He has a degree in Law and plays guitar and writes music for the rock band he is in.
    He was a classy defender who played 44 times for Croatia and was in the 1998 side that finished 3rd in the World Cup. He likes his teams to play an attacking brand of football.

Bilib's replacement at WBA, Big Sam, was an old fashioned slow as a boat centre back whose claim to fame as a player is that he played for Millwall. He was accused of receiving bungs for transfers in 2006 and a decade later was sacked by England for offering to help give advice on how to circumvent transfer rules in exchange for £400,000. His only language is a local dialect called bullshit, Allardyce likes to set his teams up not to lose.

I'm sure people will agree that the resemblance between the two is uncanny! 

Reading between the lines, you are not a big Sam fan are you?
  • Options
    Slaven Bilic has signed a two year contract with Chinese Super League side Bejing Guoan.

Since he departed as Croatia manager in 2012, he's managed in Russia, Turkey, England, Saudi Arabia, back to England and now China in 8 yrs.
    Bilic certainly does but, there again, he isn't just fluent in Croatian and English but also Italian and German. No doubt he will take the opportunity to learn Mandarin whilst he is out there. He has a degree in Law and plays guitar and writes music for the rock band he is in.
    He was a classy defender who played 44 times for Croatia and was in the 1998 side that finished 3rd in the World Cup. He likes his teams to play an attacking brand of football.

Bilib's replacement at WBA, Big Sam, was an old fashioned slow as a boat centre back whose claim to fame as a player is that he played for Millwall. He was accused of receiving bungs for transfers in 2006 and a decade later was sacked by England for offering to help give advice on how to circumvent transfer rules in exchange for £400,000. His only language is a local dialect called bullshit, Allardyce likes to set his teams up not to lose.

Agree no comparing as players.

Bilic also done wonders for the Croatia national team as an Under 21 coach and manager not just as a player.
    He doesn't seem to stay at clubs long though since leaving Croatia , any thoughts why?

I can only comment on his two English appointments and I suspect that, in both cases, he has suffered through the lack of financial backing and over expectations from the respective owners.

In his three seasons at West Ham they had a total net spend of £70m which, in the great scheme of PL dealings, is not great. They still finished 11th in the PL. WBA spent £42m this pre season but had only outlayed £4m when he got them promoted at the first attempt.

I also suspect that he is his own man and probably doesn't suffer fools gladly. And a lot of owners, as we know from recent experience, are fools.
  • Options

Bilic is also a cheat who feigned injury, costing Laurent Blanc a place in the World Cup final, the game of his life
  • Options

England manager Phil Neville will lead Team GB at the Tokyo Olympics if he does not take the managerial vacancy at Major League Soccer side Inter Miami.

Dame Sue Campbell, the Football Association's director of women's football, said it was agreed in November he would lead Team GB.

Neville steps down as England manager when his contract expires in July.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55577622

• Options
    Graham Alexander (ex Fleetwood, Scunthorpe, Salford) has taken over at Motherwell
  • Options
    Wayne Rooney been confirmed as new Wayne Rooney's Derby County Manager on a two year deal

Its rumoured they've sold the club to him for Fifteen Gazillion Bazillion Pounds to avoid Administration
  • Options
    Wayne Rooney been confirmed as new Wayne Rooney's Derby County Manager on a two year deal

Its rumoured they've sold the club to him for Fifteen Gazillion Bazillion Pounds to avoid Administration
    It'll be interesting what his salary is

It was alleged that Derby hid his massive player salary by calling him a player coach previously, but as a manager that can't be justified

Perhaps of more note is that this means that Rooney has actually retired as a player
  • Options
    So now they are officially Wayne Rooneys Derby County is the correct
  • Options

It'll be interesting what his salary is

It was alleged that Derby hid his massive player salary by calling him a player coach previously, but as a manager that can't be justified

Perhaps of more note is that this means that Rooney has actually retired as a player
    Yeah its been confirmed... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55646923
  • Options

done a great job so far, The Rams are plunging towards relegation .. Brian Clough is turning in his grave
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

done a great job so far, The Rams are plunging towards relegation .. Brian Clough is turning in his grave
    TBF he hasnt done bad and done better than Cocu did.

Since Rooney has been in sole charge they have played 9 league games

3 Wins
    4 draws
    2 defeats

9 scored
    4 conceded

So 11 of their 19 points have come in Rooneys 9 games in charge including beating Millwall(whats not to like about that)
  • Options
    Rooney is not a legend 
  • Options

He has now also officially retired as a player. 

Man Utd and England's record goalscorer. The word is often used, but i'd say that qualifies him as a 'legend'.

One thing that amazes me though is he is the same age as Ronaldo and they came through together. Rooney is retired now and managing a championship side, but Ronaldo is still at the top of the game for club and country and breaking records.

More importantly Darren Pratley and Ben Watson are still going strong!
  • Options
    jams said:
    Rooney is not a legend 
    100%, no way a legend.
  • Options
    With Derby in the financial mess they're in, it's quite a brave move to take over at Derby full time

At best he'll scrape survival this season, at worst relegation and administration
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55705395

Phil Neville appointed Inter Miami manager, in a classic jobs for the boys style appointment, as without the Man U connection would they have considered him? 
  • Options

Phil Neville appointed Inter Miami manager, in a classic jobs for the boys style appointment, as without the Man U connection would they have considered him? 
    It probably happens loads in football. Would Robinson have considered bowyer as a coach without the Charlton connection?
  • Options

It probably happens loads in football. Would Robinson have considered bowyer as a coach without the Charlton connection?
    A difference between bringing in someone to do a bit of coaching and actually making them head coach/manager
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

A difference between bringing in someone to do a bit of coaching and actually making them head coach/manager
    I dont see the issue, its not like he has hired a person with no football history.

He has hired an ex football player and someone with managerial experience to be the manager of his club, yes they are friends but if it goes wrong it just means he has to sack his friend.

Do you seriously think Beckham would spend as much as he has to get Inter Miami going then let it slip because of a poor managerial decision, if Neville isnt up to it he will go and it will be Beckham his friend who has to make that decision.
  • Options
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9160881/Doncaster-Rovers-boss-Darren-Moore-linked-vacant-managers-job-Sheffield-Wednesday.html

The Mail think Darren Moore could be a target for Sheffield Wednesday. Probably good news for us if he goes
  • Options
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9160881/Doncaster-Rovers-boss-Darren-Moore-linked-vacant-managers-job-Sheffield-Wednesday.html

The Mail think Darren Moore could be a target for Sheffield Wednesday. Probably good news for us if he goes
    I heard the recently sacked foreign Watford manager was the favourite. 
  • Options

You'll have to narrow that down - there are quite a lot of recently sacked foreign Watford managers.
    It's the current one, due to be sacked next Monday.
  • Options

You'll have to narrow that down - there are quite a lot of recently sacked foreign Watford managers.
    It's last month's one  :)
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Neil Harris has been sacked @ Cardiff

• Options
    7 defeats and 1 win in the last 8 in all competitions not a great run of form
  • Options
    Stratching my head for obvious candidates. The Wednesday position is still vacant also
  • Options
    Stratching my head for obvious candidates. The Wednesday position is still vacant also
    Craig Bellamy?