Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    Stratching my head for obvious candidates. The Wednesday position is still vacant also
    Craig Bellamy?
    Thats who their fans are saying 
  • Options
    Last season Cardiff finished 5th, Forest 7th and Derby 10th. All have changed managers already
  • Options
    Last season Cardiff finished 5th, Forest 7th and Derby 10th. All have changed managers already
    And the latter two have shown very minimal improvement with results...
  • Options
    Wonder if they will come back for Bowyer 
  • Options
    robroy said:
    Him and Darren Moore could well be prime candidates from League One

Michael Appleton another
  • Options
    robroy said:
    with his current 'record' ? .. I doubt it very much
  • Options
    robroy said:
    Wonder if they will come back for Bowyer Omar Bogle

corrected for you ...
  • Options
    So Harris is now free.

Watch out Bowyer....
  • Options
    Gillingham or Southend next for Harris 
  • Options
    robroy said:
    Have nothing but respect for Harris as a player and a bloke, but unfortunately, as a manager, that’s about his level. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    robroy said:
    Have nothing but respect for Harris as a player and a bloke, but unfortunately, as a manager, that’s about his level. 
    some managers only suit one club, usually where they have played and have a nice comfy history .. Harris I suspect is one of those as is Bowyer ? .. I suspect so
  • Options
    robroy said:
    some managers only suit one club, usually where they have played and have a nice comfy history .. Harris I suspect is one of those as is Bowyer ? .. I suspect so
    I think you could be right. Said it on another thread a while back, as a manager I’d put Bowyer in the same mould as Harris. Great motivator. Tactically limited. Doesn’t react very well when things start to go wrong. Tend to blame others.  Lacks a bit of humility maybe. 

think Bowyer is more of a de-motivator ….
  • Options
    robroy said:
    Chris Powell?

His record as a manager since leaving us isn't great and it's notable that he's now head coach at Spurs' academy, somewhere where he can offer a lot without the pressure and tactical decision making of being a 1st team manager
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55780955

Rafa Benitez has stepped down from his job in China, Coronavirus being one of the reasons who presumably he wants to come back home. Expect to see his name linked with jobs...
  • Options

Rafa Benitez has stepped down from his job in China, Coronavirus being one of the reasons who presumably he wants to come back home. Expect to see his name linked with jobs...
    If Sandgaard has any ambition!!
  • Options

Frank Lampard is set be sacked by Chelsea less than 24 hours after the club's FA Cup victory over Luton Town.

Confirmation could come as soon as today after Chelsea players were told not to report to the training ground until this afternoon.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/01/25/frank-lampard-sacked-chelsea/

• Options
    Thomas Tuchel heading to Chelsea 
  • Options
    Since taking over Chelsea Abramovich has spent £110m on manager payoffs. 
    That’s before he’s sacked Lampard
  • Options
    Nice work if you can get it.

Fail, big pay off, probably get a job elsewhere....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Gennaro Gattuso’s future at Napoli is reportedly uncertain, with Rafael Benitez mentioned as the possible successor.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Looking forward to seeing Tuchel in the premier league.  I really rate him.

Feel a bit for Frank, but he knew how trigger happy Abramovic was when he took over, plus he'll get a nice payday out of it & get a job elsewhere 
  • Options
    Wednesday, Fleetwood and Port Vale positions still vacant if Frank's looking for another job quickly
  • Options
    After achieving a top four finish last season which was respectable during a transfer ban they spent a few quid this summer and the team hasn't really got going. Seems extremely harsh to be sacked after 19 league games considering they're through in the Champions League too.     
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    And we thought Meire was bad at making contracts!

That's such a grotesque figure and waste of money.

You'd think Chelsea would have learnt to stop giving such big long-term contracts to manager when it's obvious they'll last 1-2 years, not 3+.
  • Options
    Interesting to see if Lampard just leaves it as that and disappears to a relaxing retirement now. The Chelsea job should have been what he worked up to over years and years, now he's already done it, difficult to see what he'd work towards now. Seems pointless just to manage for the sake of it now. Unless he carries on in lower league and returns to Chelsea again in 5 years or so. 
  • Options
    Interesting to see if Lampard just leaves it as that and disappears to a relaxing retirement now. The Chelsea job should have been what he worked up to over years and years, now he's already done it, difficult to see what he'd work towards now. Seems pointless just to manage for the sake of it now. Unless he carries on in lower league and returns to Chelsea again in 5 years or so. 
    I could easily see him sticking to MOTD work etc, easy job, decent pay, bright bloke who comes across well etc.

But then I've got a feeling that he's young enough to fancy another go at management, and I think he could get another Premier League job, bottom half team.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Interesting snippet from The Athletic, one of the reasons for Lampard's sacking being given as "the dressing room felt manager showed no empathy and were hurt by his public criticism."