Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    Pardew would be a perfect fit for them. 
    Both full of their own self importance. 
  • Options
    Marseille have 'sacked' Andre Villas-Boas.

I say sacked because they say they've sacked him, yet at a press conference earlier today he stated that he'd offered his resignation because they'd signed a player (Ntcham from Celtic) that he'd said no to signing, then woke up this morning to find the club had gone ahead and signed him anyway.
  • Options

Michael Laudrup was he in the stand last night?.

• Options

Don’t know, I’m assuming you think he was?
  • Options

Not seen this anywhere, are there any photos of the directors box?

Would've surely been picked up by someone like Cawley/Louis Mendez/Benji.
  • Options
    Jason Tindall sacked by Bournemouth
  • Options
    Any coincidence that Woodgate was brought in a few days before i.e. is he being given temporary charge or has he gone too?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Any coincidence that Woodgate was brought in a few days before i.e. is he being given temporary charge or has he gone too?
    BBC article says there is no confirmation over who the Caretaker Manager is

Maybe already got someone lined up today?
  • Options
    Weird timing, just after the window. And with the appointment of Woodgate on  Monday

Graeme Jones leaves to join Newcastle last week. Woodgate appointed as his replacement on Monday, Tindall sacked on Wednesday

I had wondered about him as Bournemouth's recent results haven't been great and the owners were probably terrified that if they don't go up while they have the parachute money, they'll go back to being an average lower league club again
  • Options
    Weird timing, just after the window. And with the appointment of Woodgate on  Monday

Graeme Jones leaves to join Newcastle last week. Woodgate appointed as his replacement on Monday, Tindall sacked on Wednesday

I had wondered about him as Bournemouth's recent results haven't been great and the owners were probably terrified that if they don't go up while they have the parachute money, they'll go back to being an average lower league club again
    Seems to scare the shite out of every owner after relegation from the Premier League

The sensible ones seem to just deal with it, if they dont go up its not the end of the world

Others seem to panic and tend to go into freefall

And then you've Watford who just carry on sacking Managers like its a normal day at the office
  • Options
    Problem is that Bournemouth have a very small capacity & even when fans can start attending again the revenue generated outside of the PL wont be much at all.
  • Options
    Problem is that Bournemouth have a very small capacity & even when fans can start attending again the revenue generated outside of the PL wont be much at all.
    Exactly. In Championship (and lower) once the parachute payments have gone, then you're dependant on gate and commercial income, for which their ground is severely lacking

Unless you have an owner prepared to put in money and cheat the FFP rules...
  • Options
    Would anyone be shocked if Eddie Howe went back there?
  • Options
    I was wondering that too.  I think he'll hold out for a premier league job, but wouldn't be surprised if he goes back 
  • Options
    I can't see it. He knows it would be difficult to repeat what they did before. Yes he did a great job improving lower division players, but financially they also broke FFP rules to get promotion
  • Options
    I was wondering that too.  I think he'll hold out for a premier league job, but wouldn't be surprised if he goes back 
    If he did, would tindall go back as assistant?
  • Options
    Didn't someone post on here that he'd punched Ofoborrh (sp) in training
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wrote a piece recently praising Tindall and what a terrific job he was doing .. things change sooooo quickly .. yesterday's hero is today's dickhead
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Get him down here as Bowyer's assistant, did the two come through @ Charlton around the same time?

Jackson can be coach / U23 Manager if Euell goes to Wimbledon and can learn from them
  • Options
    Get him down here as Bowyer's assistant, did the two come through @ Charlton around the same time?

Jackson can be coach / U23 Manager if Euell goes to Wimbledon and can learn from them
    they did .. through SENRAB, the brainchild of Jason Tindall's father ..  the club has produced innumerable top players .. possibly the best 'nursery' and talent spotting outfit in England/UK .. Senrab F.C. - Wikipedia
  • Options

they did .. through SENRAB, the brainchild of Jason Tindall's father ..  the club has produced innumerable top players .. possibly the best 'nursery' and talent spotting outfit in England/UK .. Senrab F.C. - Wikipedia
    Truly learn something new every day on these Forums!!
  • Options
    I wrote a piece recently praising Tindall and what a terrific job he was doing .. things change sooooo quickly .. yesterday's hero is today's dickhead
    Can you let me know who your next "praise piece" is about so I can stick £500 on them being sacked  :D
    Bowyer?
  • Options
    Confirmed Woodgate in temporary charge.
  • Options
    I can't see it. He knows it would be difficult to repeat what they did before. Yes he did a great job improving lower division players, but financially they also broke FFP rules to get promotion
    Cheating,  the only way forward. Football  is so rewarding if you try to lie and cheat your success.  Ask Sheffield Wednesday. 

Then look at us and poor Wigan. 

There has to be something really wrong when a tin pot small time club like Bournemouth and Boscombe with a small ground are bigger than Sunderland  , Charlton,  Portsmouth etc.
    Or when teams like Accrington Stanley are able to beat us and have far more likelihood of gaining promotion. It's a funny old world is football. Sunderland are a case in point for big old dinosaurs, not being able to keep up with small outfits that can keep all costs down. Lincoln are the model many owners should aspire to emulate. They could be the next Bournemouth (on their way to the big time).
  • Options
    I don't think Steve Bruce is long for this world at Newcastle.
  • Options
    Sounds a bit terminal.