Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    Championship club Bristol City have sacked head coach Dean Holden following a run of six successive defeats in all competitions.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56092622
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/bournemouths-five-man-managerial-shortlist-23475265?_ga=2.143906293.1915603571.1613041953-1257218568.1544788649

Bournemouth are interviewing managerial candidates this week with caretaker boss Jonathan Woodgate suddenly making a strong case.
    Former Middlesbrough boss Woodgate has overseen back-to-back wins since taking temporary charge, including guiding Bournemouth into the FA Cup quarter finals.
    Ex-England captain John Terry, currently No2 at Aston Villa, is still the favourite with many bookies while ex-Nice manager Patrick Vieira has also been tipped to succeed Jason Tindall who was sacked after an indifferent start to the campaign.
    Former Huddersfield boss David Wagner has expressed an interest while Frank Lampard is likely to wait having only just departed from Chelsea but wants to return to management in the long run.
    Oxford boss Karl Robinson could also emerge as a potential candidate having impressed at the League One club and having a strong reputation working with young players.
    Robinson has also worked with one of the smallest budgets in the division, guided Oxford to the play-offs and they are on another good run to make another push this season.

I could see Lampard there, what with the Bournemouth/Redknapp connection.

Think he might hold out for a PL job though.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Championship club Bristol City have sacked head coach Dean Holden following a run of six successive defeats in all competitions.
    I've said it a few times but I think Bowyer's lucky he's not at a different club or with a different owner as he would have been sacked well before now 
  • Options
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/bournemouths-five-man-managerial-shortlist-23475265?_ga=2.143906293.1915603571.1613041953-1257218568.1544788649

Bournemouth are interviewing managerial candidates this week with caretaker boss Jonathan Woodgate suddenly making a strong case.
    Former Middlesbrough boss Woodgate has overseen back-to-back wins since taking temporary charge, including guiding Bournemouth into the FA Cup quarter finals.
    Ex-England captain John Terry, currently No2 at Aston Villa, is still the favourite with many bookies while ex-Nice manager Patrick Vieira has also been tipped to succeed Jason Tindall who was sacked after an indifferent start to the campaign.
    Former Huddersfield boss David Wagner has expressed an interest while Frank Lampard is likely to wait having only just departed from Chelsea but wants to return to management in the long run.
    Oxford boss Karl Robinson could also emerge as a potential candidate having impressed at the League One club and having a strong reputation working with young players.
    Robinson has also worked with one of the smallest budgets in the division, guided Oxford to the play-offs and they are on another good run to make another push this season.

Don’t know how true it is but read somewhere he is on £75k a week, Chelski still paying him until he finds a new club or his contract runs out.

Doubt Bournemouth or any other non prem team would get anywhere near that.
  • Options

Don’t know how true it is but read somewhere he is on £75k a week, Chelski still paying him until he finds a new club or his contract runs out.

The figure I heard is slightly higher but in the same ballpark. If Lampard is offered and wants the role I suspect a deal could be done whereby Bournemouth pay x and Chelsea the remainder thus saving Chelsea money. Whilst Lampard may have lost the support of Chelsea directors, he is rumoured to be on amicable terms with the owner which would help
  • Options

The figure I heard is slightly higher but in the same ballpark. If Lampard is offered and wants the role I suspect a deal could be done whereby Bournemouth pay x and Chelsea the remainder thus saving Chelsea money. Whilst Lampard may have lost the support of Chelsea directors, he is rumoured to be on amicable terms with the owner which would help
    On that sort of money, he may just sit on his arse until the contract runs out!!!

Shows a lack of ambition and would probably be the end of his managerial career, but managing Chelsea was always going to be the pinnacle of any managerial career for him anyway!!
  • Options
    It would not surprise to me to see Lampard as Palace's next manager, Hodgson will probably step down or be replaced at the end of this season.
  • Options
    clive said:
    It would not surprise to me to see Lampard as Palace's next manager, Hodgson will probably step down or be replaced at the end of this season.
    Can't they get Pardew back? Not sure Lampard is bad enough for them.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Both Bristol City and Bournemouth gave the job to the assistant (after Johnson was sacked and Howe left) and both have been sacked after less than a year
  • Options
    clive said:
    Wont surprise me either if they really struggle when Hodgson buggers off

The bloke is another insurance policy against relegation, they got lucky when they got rid of de Boer

Hopefully that luck wont happen again!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2021
    clive said:

The bloke is another insurance policy against relegation, they got lucky when they got rid of de Boer

Zaha won't be there forever either. They've been awful whenever he hasn't played this season. They'll fall apart when he leaves 
  • Options
    clive said:

Absolutely. Got a couple of mates who are Palace, they're all moaning about how boring it is under Hodgson, despite having probably their best Premier League season ever.

Their squad has two or three stars and a load of ageing veterans. Really hope they bring someone in to play attractive, expansive football - they'll be rooted to the bottom of the able in no time.
  • Options
    clive said:
    I thought the same.

Hopefully if it happens he does as well as the last Frank they hired.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    clive said:

Absolutely. Got a couple of mates who are Palace, they're all moaning about how boring it is under Hodgson, despite having probably their best Premier League season ever.

Their squad has two or three stars and a load of ageing veterans. Really hope they bring someone in to play attractive, expansive football - they'll be rooted to the bottom of the able in no time.
    don't think this is true. dropping like a stone & would be in a relegation battle if the bottom 3 weren't so crap. 
  • Options
    Bring back secret agent de Boer, and let him finish what he started...
  • Options
    Lost the last 2, won the 2 before that, pretty similar pattern across the season, hardly dropping like a stone.

Regardless of the standard of the bottom three (and the other three teams currently below them), they need 11 points from 14 games to reach the magic 40. Don't recall them being in that position too often since they got promoted. Usually takes them 3 months to get their first win on the board.
  • Options

On that sort of money, he may just sit on his arse until the contract runs out!!!

Shows a lack of ambition and would probably be the end of his managerial career, but managing Chelsea was always going to be the pinnacle of any managerial career for him anyway!!
    In terms of club stature probably yes, but it doesn't have to be the end of any hope of getting a top Premier league job. Many would have said Brendan Rodgers was done after leaving Liverpool, but now he's worked his way back into the premier league top 6. 
  • Options
    Rodgers has been linked with the Spurs job, then I read it will cost Spurs over £30m to get ride of Mourinho and his staff.
  • Options
     Robinson has been confirmed as head coach of AFC Wimbledon
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56097972

Not Karl, but Mark.
  • Options
    If it was Karl it would go down like a shit sandwich.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thierry Henry one of 4 being interviewed for the Bournemouth post.
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56075213

A change I missed. Darrell Clarke left Walsall on Monday to take charge of Port Vale
  • Options
    Championship club Bournemouth have appointed Jonathan Woodgate as head coach until the end of the season.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56146342
  • Options

Bradford City have appointed interim bosses Mark Trueman and Conor Sellars as joint managers of the club until the end of the 2021-22 campaign.

The pair initially took charge on a temporary basis in December after former boss Stuart McCall was sacked.

They were appointed interim bosses later that month, having won three and drawn one of their first four games.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56142000

• Options
    clive said:

Bradford City have appointed interim bosses Mark Trueman and Conor Sellars as joint managers of the club until the end of the 2021-22 campaign.

The pair initially took charge on a temporary basis in December after former boss Stuart McCall was sacked.

They were appointed interim bosses later that month, having won three and drawn one of their first four games.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56142000

They've done well, or maybe McCall did terribly! It baffles me to see a club the size of Bradford struggling in L2
  • Options
    Former Leicester and Watford boss Nigel Pearson is on the brink of taking over at Bristol City after advanced talks with the Championship side. (Bristol Post)
  • Options
    Bristol Rovers have appointed Joey Barton as their new manager.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56155410
  • Options
    Barton is a strange appointment given the court case is still there in the background.
  • Options
    It would be a weird coincidence if both Bristol clubs announced new managers on the same day