Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Wonder if Arsenal will consider trying to sign him
  • sam3110 said:
    Thomas Tuchal has been sacked @ PSG... after winning 4-0
    Are there any top managers around at the moment that are out of a job? Besides Holloway that is
    Allegri still out of work?

• Mauricio Pochettino is leading the race to become the new PSG manager after Tuchel sack! 🇦🇷🔴🔵

His lawyers have been contacted by Leonardo earlier this week and he’s open to accept - Thiago Motta, always been the other option in the list. 🇫🇷 #PSG #Tuchel #Pochettino
  • Pochettino would be a decent appointment.

Good manager, ex-PSG player and most of PSG's squad speak Spanish.
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55461444

A real blast from the past!

Former Tottenham boss Christian Gross has been appointed as Schalke's fourth coach of a miserable season so far.
    The 66-year-old, who left Saudi Arabia's Al-Ahli in February, arrived at Tottenham in November 1997 but lasted less than 10 months.
    Schalke, bottom of the German Bundesliga after 13 games, have already been managed by David Wagner, Manuel Baum and Huub Stevens this season.
  • was Wagner the guy that Huddersfield promoted?
  • was Wagner the guy that Huddersfield promoted?
    Yes
  • Wagner and Gross really feel like managers from completely different eras
  • I've cheered myself up by reading the 'Woy's Out' thread on palarses 'Holmesdale End' thread. Poor old buffer is getting quite a lot of stick. Quite a few Nigels fancy Eddie Howe as his replacement.
  • Jake Buxton will be leaving Burton after yet another defeat today. I bet he wishes they could play Charlton every game...
  • Sponsored links:

• Jake Buxton will be leaving Burton after yet another defeat today. I bet he wishes they could play Charlton every game...
    Just 2 wins this season. 1 had to be against us didnt it. 

I was looking at the table earlier. Current bottom 4 we have managed just 5 points out of a possible 12. Boooooo.
  • Paul Hurst is set to be re-appointed as Grimsby Manager 
  • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink has been reappointed Burton Albion manager

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55511475
  • Hasselbaink done brilliantly with Burton previously, winning League 2 and they were top of League 1 when he left for QPR. Going to be tough to go and do it again, they're in big trouble. 
  • Hasselbaink done brilliantly with Burton previously, winning League 2 and they were top of League 1 when he left for QPR. Going to be tough to go and do it again, they're in big trouble. 
    Hasnt really been a success anywhere since he left Burton either... Be interesting to see if he can get that mojo back
    Hasnt really been a success anywhere since he left Burton either... Be interesting to see if he can get that mojo back
    2-0 down after 18 minutes against Oxford 
  • They are only 4 points behind us !!
  • Shock horror... Poch has been named the new PSG Manager
  • Shock horror... Poch has been named the new PSG Manager
    Feels a bit like when Klopp went to Liverpool, I like him but not the club so hope he fails then does well elsewhere. 
  • Port Vale have today parted company with Manager John Askey and Assistant Manager Dave Kevan.

First Team Coach Danny Pugh takes charge of the First Team until further notice.

The Port Vale Board of Directors would like to thank John and Dave for their service to the club and wish them all the best for the future.

https://www.port-vale.co.uk/news/2021/january/club-statement-john-askey/

• Sponsored links:

• Interestingly at Fleetwood, the Director of football Eddy Jennings and coaches Clint Hill and Andy Mangan have also departed, with youth team boss Simon Wiles put in interim charge.
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55556544

Mick McCarthy leaves Apoel after 2 months...

Mick McCarthy leaves Apoel after 2 months.
    On his way back to Millwall......😉

Mick McCarthy leaves Apoel after 2 months.
    On his way back to Millwall......😉
    He'll have to fight Harris for the gig.
  • Interestingly at Fleetwood, the Director of football Eddy Jennings and coaches Clint Hill and Andy Mangan have also departed, with youth team boss Simon Wiles put in interim charge.
    Rumours that James Beattie will takeover the managers role.
  • Slaven Bilic has signed a two year contract with Chinese Super League side Bejing Guoan.
  • Addickted said:
    Interestingly at Fleetwood, the Director of football Eddy Jennings and coaches Clint Hill and Andy Mangan have also departed, with youth team boss Simon Wiles put in interim charge.
    Rumours that James Beattie will takeover the managers role.
    A strange choice if true, seeing that his only managerial experience is one season at Accrington 6 years ago, though he has worked under Garry Monk since then
  • Slaven Bilic has signed a two year contract with Chinese Super League side Bejing Guoan.
    He certainly gets about don't he.

Since he departed as Croatia manager in 2012, he's managed in Russia, Turkey, England, Saudi Arabia, back to England and now China in 8 yrs.
    I remember the stress of my last move from one London Borough to another.
     His family must be very understanding, and rich obviously. 
    And yes I got sucked into a wiki worm hole.
    He certainly gets about don't he.

Since he departed as Croatia manager in 2012, he's managed in Russia, Turkey, England, Saudi Arabia, back to England and now China in 8 yrs.
    I remember the stress of my last move from one London Borough to another.
     His family must be very understanding, and rich obviously. 
    And yes I got sucked into a wiki worm hole.
    Bilic certainly does but, there again, he isn't just fluent in Croatian and English but also Italian and German. No doubt he will take the opportunity to learn Mandarin whilst he is out there. He has a degree in Law and plays guitar and writes music for the rock band he is in.
    He was a classy defender who played 44 times for Croatia and was in the 1998 side that finished 3rd in the World Cup. He likes his teams to play an attacking brand of football.

Bilib's replacement at WBA, Big Sam, was an old fashioned slow as a boat centre back whose claim to fame as a player is that he played for Millwall. He was accused of receiving bungs for transfers in 2006 and a decade later was sacked by England for offering to help give advice on how to circumvent transfer rules in exchange for £400,000. His only language is a local dialect called bullshit, Allardyce likes to set his teams up not to lose.

I'm sure people will agree that the resemblance between the two is uncanny! 

Agree no comparing as players.

Bilic also done wonders for the Croatia national team as an Under 21 coach and manager not just as a player.
    He doesn't seem to stay at clubs long though since leaving Croatia , any thoughts why?